Chapter 7

Way Back Into Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Annyeong! It's been a while ^_^  I've been busy trying to support SNSD during their comeback and I'm still mad about what SM did to our girls >_< 

Anyway, that's not what I'm here for.  Without further ado, please enjoy this next chapter :)  Kamsahamnida

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            What the hell just happened?  Sooyoung asked inwardly while he sat alone in the restaurant still astounded at what just happened.  Hyoyeon just walked out on him obviously in the verge of tears and he didn’t even know the reason why.  Maybe I scared her?  Or maybe she just couldn’t stand being alone with me anymore?  Many questions race through his mind but they were all stopped when an overly happy Jessica appeared beside him.

“Guess what, Soo.”  She started with a huge grin.  “I just got promoted.”

“Wow! Sica-ah, that’s amazing.  I’m so happy for you.”  Sooyoung said while hugging Jessica.  He was genuinely happy for his fiancé because he knows that Sica really works hard for her job.  They pulled apart and Jessica looked around questioningly.

“Where’s Hyoyeon?”

“Oh, she said that an emergency came up and she had to go right away.  Hyoyeon also said that maybe you two can talk tomorrow.”  Sooyoung explained not even taking a second to breathe.  “Uhm, Sica…”  He continued.  “I would really like to celebrate with you tonight but I really have to go because I still have bits of work to do.  Don’t worry, sweetie.  I’ll make sure to arrange a small party for your promotion.”

“It’s okay.  I have many people to call anyway.”  Jessica said with a smile though her brain is running wild with unspoken questions. 

 

Hyoyeon’s hand is trembling as she tries to enter her apartment’s pass code.  You idiot! You’re not supposed to tell him that?  Hyoyeon admonished herself.  She cried the whole drive home and was sure herself that she’s far done from it.  Tears are still flowing freely down her cheeks and her eyes sting like crazy.  Finally, she managed to open the door and heard the sound of the TV the moment she stepped inside.  Right, Fany is here. 

“You’re here.”  Tiffany said without turning her eyes away from the screen.  “How’s dinner?” She asked and turned to face her best friend who remained rooted to her spot.  Tiffany’s eyebrows furrowed when she noticed that Hyoyeon has been crying.  “What happened?”  Tiffany stood up and started to make her way to her friend. 

“Fany-ah…”  Hyoyeon met her halfway and Fany wrapped her arms around her. 

“What is it?  You know, this past few days every time you come home you’re always crying.”  Instead of answering, Hyoyeon just cried harder in her arms.  Her sobs drowning all the sounds in the room and it breaks Tiffany’s heart that her best friend is a crying mess.  Tiffany let Hyoyeon cry her eyes out and her hair once in a while.  Few minutes later, Hyoyeon’s sobs turned into hiccups and Tiffany felt her going weak in her embrace from all the crying.  “Let’s go to your room and tell me what happened, okay?”  Tiffany whispered gently.

 

Moments later, Hyoyeon was able to calm herself down and tell Tiffany the whole thing that happened at their dinner.  How awkward it is for her to watch Sooyoung and Jessica interact with each other.  How hard it is to pretend that she doesn’t even know Sooyoung.  And lastly, how she blurted out to him the words she was not supposed to spill out.

“You told him what?”  Tiffany stood up on Hyoyeon’s bed and looked down at her.  “But Hyo we talked about keeping it a secret from him right?”

“I know.  I don’t know why I did that.  I just let it out at the heat of the moment.”  Tiffany sighed as she saw her friend’s sad face again.  She flopped down on the bed beside Hyoyeon and propped her elbow to look at her.

“So since the cat’s out of the bag, are you going to tell him that…”  Tiffany gave Hyoyeon a you-know-what-I’m-talking-about look and Hyoyeon shook her head fiercely. 

“I’m not.  It’s not like it can change anything.  So if you’re done interrogating me I’m gonna go have a hot, relaxing shower that I desperately need.  Oh and Fany-ah, get the wine ready.  I’ll need it too.”  Tiffany understood her friend’s struggle and so she was going to do anything just to take Hyoyeon’s mind away from it. 

 

Hyoyeon just finished dressing up after her stress free shower and was striding to the living room where Tiffany had a bottle of wine and snacks ready.  She sat down on the couch beside Tiffany not caring if her wet, blonde hair is going to soak the pillows.  Hyoyeon smiled at Fany and said,

“Let’s drink the night away, Fany-ah.”  Tiffany handed Hyoyeon a glass full of luxurious, red wine and both of them made a toast.  Just when Hyoyeon was about to sip on her wine, her phone rang making her flinch.

“Who is it?”  Tiffany asked curiously.  Hyoyeon looked at the screen and frowned.  She shrugged and told Tiffany that it’s unregistered.  “Answer it.  It might be important.”  Hyoyeon did what Fany said and picked up her phone.

“Hello?”

“Hyoyeon-ah.”  Hyoyeon froze at the sound of Sooyoung’s voice and it didn’t go unnoticed by Tiffany who now has her full attention on the phone call. 

“What do you want?”  She asked weakly.  Why now?  I have no energy left for this.  Hyoyeon thought to herself.

“I just…I…I wanted to know if you managed to get home safely.  You looked so distraught when you left earlier.” 

“Well, you’re talking to me so now you know that I’m alive.”  Tiffany smiled at her best friend’s smart remarks.

“Wait.  Don’t hang up.”  Sooyoung demanded.  “We need to talk.  Tomorrow?  If it’s okay.”

“We have nothing to talk about, Sooyoung.”  Hyoyeon said exasperated. 

“We both know we have loads to talk about, Kim Hyoyeon.  And about what you said earlier…”

“It was nothing.  Don’t mind it.”  Hyoyeon interrupted.  God! Now you’re doomed, Hyo.  You and your freaking stupid mouth. 

“I know it’s not nothing.  Just please meet me tomorrow.”  Sooyoung’s voice on the other line sounded like he’s begging.  “Please.”  Hyoyeon glanced at Tiffany, who is obviously eavesdropping, for a while and then let out a sigh.

“Fine.  If it will make you stop bothering me, then I’ll go.  How did you get my number anyway?  Wait.  Don’t answer it.  I already know.” 

“Do you remember the café we used to go to?  Meet me there at ten.”  Of course I remember.  How could I even forget?  Hyoyeon thought inwardly.  She agreed and their phone call ended.

“Looks like you’re gonna need to tell him anyway.”  Tiffany said.  That’s what scares Hyoyeon the most.  Telling Sooyoung her secret that she swore to not even tell.  The secret that only she, Tiffany, and Sunny know.  Hyoyeon thought that she can escape from this but then it’s not like she can keep it hidden forever. 

 

Sooyoung sat on a corner at the café wondering if H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter