Chapter 4

Way Back Into Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A little sneak peak on Hyoyeon and Sooyoung's past in this chapter.  Hope you enjoy! :) Thanks for reading!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            Sooyoung and Hyoyeon stare at each other for a while no one daring to say the first word.  They were both too stunned to see each other on a Valentine’s Day.  A day they both came to hate for what happened five years ago that left the two of them shattered.  She left me five years ago on Valentine’s Day and now she’s back on the same day.  What a freakin’ coincidence?  Sooyoung thought to himself and what happened that night came rushing back…

 

They are having a dinner at Sooyoung’s place and everything is going well.  This is their fourth Valentine’s together and they couldn’t be happier.  They’ve been through ups and downs but they know that them being together is worth all of it.  After their simple yet romantic dinner, Sooyoung and Hyoyeon settled on the couch.  Soo has her arm around Hyoyeon’s shoulder who’s leaning her head on his while they’re both cradling wine in their hands.  Sooyoung noticed his girlfriend’s sudden silence and was immediately bothered by it.  He knows that Hyoyeon is usually not talkative but he also know when something is troubling her.  So Sooyoung put his wine down on the coffee table and took Hyoyeon’s hand.

“You’ve gone too quiet.  What is it?”  Hyoyeon adjusted herself and is no longer leaning on Soo.  She turned to face her boyfriend and the look on her face did not go unnoticed by Sooyoung.

“I have something to tell you, Soobaby.”  Hyoyeon started and Sooyoung could not help but smile at hearing her term of endearment for him.  On their first week as a couple, they both agreed not to use the usual sweet names like other couples do.  Instead, they want to use their names but with an added twist.  Sooyoung came up with ‘Hyobaby’ which was a mixture of Hyoyeon’s name and the word ‘baby’.  But since Hyoyeon was out of idea at that time, she just did the same for Sooyoung.

“I have something to tell you too, Hyobaby, but you first.”  Sooyoung offered being the gentleman he always is.  Hyo looked him in the eye and his heart raced automatically.  God, her eyes are so beautiful.  Sooyoung thought privately.  Hyoyeon’s eyes are one of the many reasons Sooyoung fell in love with her.  Sometimes they show what she’s feeling at the moment but most of the times they remain impassive.  That’s what makes Hyoyeon a really hard to read person while she probably reads Sooyoung like an open book.

“I’ve got a job.”  Said Hyoyeon and Sooyoung broke into a huge grin.  Then his smile faded as he noticed that his girlfriend doesn’t seem happy at all that she got a job.

“Is that it?  You don’t look happy at all.”  Hyoyeon sighed and Sooyoung take it as a bad sign.

“It’s in New York.  It’s a sudden offer and I have to leave next week.”  Sooyoung just stared at her blankly.  Hyoyeon doesn’t know how Sooyoung would react to this that’s why she had a hard time coming up with the right things to say.  “Sooyoungie say something, please.” 

“You just dropped a bomb on me.  What do you expect me to say?”  Sooyoung looked so sad and it pained Hyoyeon to know that she’s the one who caused it.

“Well for starters, I guess it would be nice to say ‘congratulations’ and then ‘goodluck’ and lastly, ‘I’m happy for you’.  Hyoyeon replied pun unintended.  Those were actually the words that she expected to at least hear from Sooyoung.

“You’re going to leave me and you wanted me to say those w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter