Prologue

Way Back Into Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Love is a funny thing.  You’ll never know when it will knock on your door just like you’ll never know when it will disappear into thin air.  Love could very well be in front of you but you’re too busy getting by each day for you to notice it.  One thing’s definite though.  When you love, you give it your all.  When you’re in love, you’d feel like oxygen is not even a necessity for it is the love that’s flowing through you that would keep you alive.  For some people however, it took them faster to fall out of love than to fall in.  But for a selected few, they fall right back in even deeper than the first time…

 

It is the last few days of winter in South Korea and a new kind of hope can be sensed as the beautiful season of spring is about to begin.  Freezing cold can still be felt but that doesn’t stop the people of Incheon to keep themselves busy.  A great example of a busy atmosphere is the largest airport in South Korea.  Incheon International Airport is jam-packed with foreign people who were too excited to experience spring Korean style.  Different languages can be heard from each corner and it will make you wonder how fine they’ll do with the language barrier.  The airport is not just full of outside spectators but also with people of its own.  Some of them are back from a nice vacation while some might have just finished their study abroad.

Meanwhile, in the midst of a chaotic environment, one person stood out.  She’s not your typical Korean girl.  Her features resemble those of the Westerns and her blonde hair will really make you think twice.  But what makes her more Korean than some of the people in the premise is how she bows her head and greets the security on her way out of the airport.  Once out into the open, she fishes out her phone in her Michael Kors Fulton leather shoulder bag and starts dialing someone’s number. 

 

“Fany-ah, I’m already here.  Where are you?”  She speaks with a voice quite husky but so warm it can melt snows in the area.  Her beauty even glowing as her blonde hair dances to the cold wind. 

“I just parked.  Wait a sec.  Oh, I already see you.  Turn to your right dear.”  The girl did what she was told and she was met by a brunette waving excitedly at her.  Both of them half-ran and half-walked towards each other and they were soon engulfed in an embrace.  A few seconds later, they pulled away but kept holding each other at arm’s length.

“I missed you, Hyoyeon-ah.”  Hyoyeon’s friend, Tiffany, greeted her with her adorable eye smile.  Hyoyeon always loved that about her best friend.  Her smile just radiates warmth and it will make you feel that you can trust her the minute you see her.  She’s been best friends with Tiffany for as long as she can remember.  They grew up in the same neighborhood, attended the same school, even had the same crush when they were in junior high.

“I missed you too, Tiffany.  It’s been what?  Five years?”

“Oh yeah.  Five excruciating years, my friend.  Seeing you in a webcam is not the same as seeing you in person.  Now that you’re here, I can’t help but think ‘how is it possible that you are much more beautiful in person?’”  Hyoyeon nudged her friend lightly with a shy smile spreading across her face.  She was never the one who takes compliments comfortably but instead it makes her cringe.

“You’re not too bad yourself, Fany.”

“I know that, Hyo.”  Tiffany winked playfully at her friend and said, “But between the two of us, it is you who became the fashion goddess.  I mean, look at you.  I think you went all-out designer on me today.” 

Hyoyeon is dressed in a black Burberry fur trim puffer coat to counter the winter’s breeze. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter