Chapter 2

Way Back Into Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi! So TaeNy will make a special apperance here and I will also introduce new characters :) Enjoy!

 

“Yah! Choi Sooyoung, get your off the bed right now.  We have important things to do.”  The guy yells at his friend, Sooyoung, while hitting him hard with a pillow.  Sooyoung groaned but sat up anyway.

“What the hell, Yul?”  He asked with a sleepy voice and closed eyes.

“Did you lose your brain somewhere or what?  We have to meet a potential client today, you idiot.  You have thirty minutes to get ready.”

“What date is it?  God! I seriously think that I drank the bar dry last night.”  Sooyoung said putting his head on his hands as he felt an oncoming headache.  Truth is he knows what date it is today.  He just doesn’t want to reminisce on what happened the exact same day five years ago.  It is February 12 and this is the day that left him heartbroken.  If he could, he would be lying on his bed the entire day without talking to anyone.

“Oh come on.  We both know that you know what date it is.  You’ve been doing the same thing to me the past four years, dude.  Now cut me some slack and get off the bed.  I’ll wait for you downstairs.”  Yul pulled his friend off the bed and forced him into the bathroom.  “Chop chop.”  He told Sooyoung before going out the room.

Sooyoung washed his face and stared at himself on the mirror for quite some time.  Wow.  It’s been five years now huh?  Wonder where all the time went.  He thought inwardly and shook his head.  For him, it feels like yesterday since the woman he loves left him.  He’s been looking for the reason on why she broke up with him for the past years but only one comes to mind.  I just wasn’t enough. 

Five years.  Five freaking years.  He told himself many times that one day he would get tired of thinking about her and that he would move on.  Sooyoung knows he’s still nowhere near that.  She was his first love and he’s pretty convinced back then that she would also be his last.  But today it would be different.  This time, he will really try his best to stop crying over the spilt milk.  From now on, he will focus on what’s ahead and never look back.

 

The day passed in the blink of an eye.  Sooyoung and Yul’s meeting with the potential client will soon come to an end.  They both are doing great jobs in persuading the businessman to use their company to construct their new building inside Songdo.  For them, this doesn’t seem like a long shot at all.  The two had already talked with some impossible clients in the past but they end up getting the job.  However, today’s client is so down to earth and easy to talk to that’s why Sooyoung and Yul think that this would just be like a walk on the beach.

“Modesty aside sir, I really think that you would not find any construction company that can give you exactly what you want and when you want it.  We are a company that works with talented architects and engineers and we already did some projects here in Songdo before.  One more thing I can brag about is that we also work efficiently and effectively.  So, what do you think, Mr. Lee?”  Sooyoung said confidently with a smile though he’s still feeling a tinge of nervousness inside.  They’ve been on this field of work for a while now but you can never take the feeling of anxiety away.  The businessman thought about it for a second and then said,

“I think I’ll take it.  I’ve been looking for someone who takes pride on their work.”  Both Sooyoung and Yul breathe a sigh of relief as they get to close a deal once again.  Mr. Lee stands up and so does the two business partners.  Sooyoung and Yul take turns to shake their new clients hand and thank him.  “I want the plan and design done in two months.”  Mr. Lee instructed them.

“Count it done, sir.”  Yul conceded.  The two of them bowed in the retreating figure of Mr. Lee.  After he’s out of sight, they do their secret handshake and smile.  “Nice closing remarks there, Soo.  You’ve become definitely better at this.”

“Yeah.  Told you to have faith in me, Yul.  Mr. Lee seems like he’s not in a hurry to build this thing.”

“Tell me about it.  When I heard that he was gonna give us two months for the design, I thought about kneeling down and worshiping him at his feet.  Mr. Lee made our previous clients like they’ve come straight from hell.”  Soo laughed at what his friend said.

“Remember Mr. Young?”

“Seriously, how could I forget him?  He said he would give us a week to finish the design of his restaurant then he suddenly barged in our office two days after our meeting saying that he needed it now.  I was only halfway through it, Soo.  I almost peed in my pants back then.”  The conference room was filled with laughter once again and Yul noticed something different about his friend.  “I think you’re taking this day too well, Soo.  No spacing out.  No frowning.  No deep thoughts.  No nothing.  What gives?”  Yul raised his eyebrows in question.

“It’s just…I’m tired of thinking about ‘what ifs’ and ‘what should have been’ you know?  I have a new goal from now on.  Though I will not even attempt to forget her because we both know I couldn’t coz she’s my first love.  And I think it would be as hard as trying to remember someone that you don’t even know.”  Yul nodded at his friend’s sentiments.  “So, I’m hoping that I could just move on at least.  Hoping that I could let go of the past and focus on the present.  Move on but not forget.”

“I know where you’re coming from.”  Sooyoung looked at Yul with incredulity.  “Don’t look at me like that.  I know that my relationships are not as complicated as yours but, what I mean is, I understand you, Sooyoung.  Speaking of current relationships, do you have something planned for your fiancé this Valentine’s day?”

“Nothing special, nothing new.  I’ll just take her to dinner, give her flowers, say nice words, drink some wine, and then go home.”  Sooyoung shrugged.

“Okay, Mr. Not-So-Romantic.  Let’s start the ball rolling on the design, shall we?”

“Actually, I need to go now.  I have to meet with Sica.  We have a wedding to plan.”  Soo pats Yul’s shoulder and starts to stand up but Yul grabs his wrist.

“You’re going to make me work alone, Soo?”  Yul pouted playfully at Sooyoung who narrowed his eyes at him.

“Don’t pout.  You look like a duck.  Just finish what you can finish today and I’ll help with the rest later.  Besides, you’re the architect and I’m the engineer.  You don’t need me just yet.  And you’re not Kwon Yul for nothing.  Yul-ssi, fighting!”  Soo cheered him on and then ran out of the room beyond Yul’s reach.

“Choi Sooyoung! Come back here!”  Yul shouted at the door and the employees that were there looked at him in shock.  “Sorry.  Get back to work now.”  He turned back to the conference room and ran his hand through his hair.  Aish!  That guy really…       

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter