Chp 6

Fate

*Flashback 2*
Little Sinb went to the park excited as always. It had become a daily routine for her for the past few years. Together with HanBin, they would always go to the park at exactly 4pm. For Sinb, it was because she could see her dear cutie pie, Umji and to fight playfully with Sowon. For Hanbin, it was because her had to take care of his dear little sister, see his adored Umji and to see his love at first sight, Sowon. When they reached the park, they could see Sowon and Umji already waiting for them. Unlike as usual, they would always play with their friend at the sandpit. Today, they we just sitting at the same bench, but instead of calm and peaceful faces, they saw Sowon with a red eyes and Umji with her head down. Sinb and Hanbin walked towards them and gave them a smile. Only Sown returned with a forced smile while Umji just kept her head down. Just then, Sowon signalled to Hanbin, asking him to go to another bench. Hanbin nodded his head curiously and followed Sowon to another bench quite far away from both Sinb and Umji.
Sinb sat down beside Umji. Silence and awkwardness soon envoloped both of them. It was not unlike them as they both would chat and chat till it was time to go home. Sinb decided to break the silence that was suffocating her. “Umji ah... what is wrong? Why are you so quiet today? Are you sick?” Sinb asked slowly. Umji did not reply, she bowed her head even lower to prevent Sinb from looking at her. Sinb sensing that was something wrong immediately took her hands that was trembling. She slowly moved her thumb in a circular motion to keep Umji calm. She could not do anything other to keep quiet, not knowing how to calm Umji down.
Then, something wet dripped onto Sinb’s hands and it got Sinb’s attention after for about 30 minutes. Sinb immediately lwt go of Umji’s hands and tried  to brush away the hair that was hiding Umji’s face. But Umji retaliated and slapped Sinb’s hands, making her shocked. Instead of getting hurt, Sinb grabbed hold of Umji’s chin and lift it up, just high enough to let Sinb see Umji’s face. Sinb was fillled with horror. Umji’s eyes was so red from crying and there was tons of mucus and tears running down her face. Instincts kicked in and she wiped away those with a  tissue paper. As Sinb was wiping away the tears and mucus, Umji did not say anything. The tears that dropped down were all absorbed by the now soaked tissue paper.
“Sin-sinb... ah... i-i—appa and umma wants Sowon and I to move....” Umji finally said before burying her face into Sinb’s crook of her neck. Sinb was stunned. She didn’t know what and how she should react. But for sure she knew that there was pain and sadness in her heart.
“Umji. So what if you move? You can still come and visit me right? We still can come to this park everyday right?” Sinb tried to comfort Umji as she patted her back.
Umji looked up at Sinb before saying softly, “No.... we can’t.... anymore.. forever... Our entire family is going to migrate to the States.... and that will be in 2 weeks time....” And with that, Umji burst into tears wetting Sinb’s clothes. Sinb was stunned at what Umji had said. It means that they could no longer be as close before. It also means that they will never see each other again. Sinb tried to stop her tears from coming out but no she couldn’t. With Umji in her arms, she cried out loud for the first time since they met.

============================================

As for Sowon, she slowly sat down on a bench, contemplating if she should break out the news to her secret crush, Hanbin. She felt Hanbin sitting down next to her with only a few space left. At least he did not come to close to me or else i would have suffocated. Sowon thought. She quickly went back to what she was thinking until she heard someone coughing.
“Uh... Sowon sshi... what is it that you wanted to tell me? it has been almost 30 minutes already.” Hanbin asked politely. It’s now or never. Sowon thought.
“Oppa.. i will be migrating to the States soon...” Sowon started, not knowing how to continue.
She heard Hanbin gasping. She looked down feeling guilty and she could feel tears welling up her eyes and she quickly wiped it away. She regain to her senses when she heard Hanbin speaking.
“Wh—When?” Hanbin asked. He was scared. Scared to lose her. He would not see her ever again and he was feeling hopeless that he could not save the situation now.
“2 weeks.” Sowon replied shortly as she could feel her tears coming back again. It shocked Hanbin as he did not think it will be that fast for Sowon to move. He wanted to express his feeling towards the girl but he could not seem to do so. He wanted to wait till both of them was older and mature enough to date each other and he had meticulously planned out how he was going to propose Sowon when they were older. As a matter of fact, he had already drew out a plan that was so perfect. But all of that was threw aside by him. He just wanted to convey his feeling towards Sowon so that he would not have regrets when she left.
“Sowon... ever since the day i saw you with my younger sister. I knew- i knew i was in love with you. I don’t know how or what you feel right now but i want to express my feeling towards you before you leave. Sowon. I love you. Forever and always, you will be in my heart.” Hanbin mustered up his courage and spoke to the now b with tears Sowon. Sowon was surprised. She did not know that her crush would  actually like her. She tried to hold back her tears but it would not stop. She buried her face in her hands before she could feel Hanbin wrapping his warm hands around her, and she lean onto the crook of his neck. It took a while before she finally said what Hanbin had been patiently waiting for, “ I love you.” With that Hanbin felt that he was over the moon. But he still could feel a bit of sadness as Sowon would be leaving Seoul within 2 weeks. He tried to hide the pain as he rubbed Sowon’s back in a rhythmic way, soothing Sowon till she had calm down and stop crying. 

============================================

Ever since that day, both the Hwangs and Kims spend their days almost together, hanging out at all of Seoul attractions. But, a few days before the Kims family went to the States, Sinb’s dad announced that they too, will be moving. But instead of going to the States, they will be going to New Zealand. Sinb and Hanbin did not know how to respond to this sudden news. Because of only one reason, they will lose contact with the Kim family.
The next day after Sinb and Hanbin received the news, they both went to the park with different motive in their mind. They had already invited both Umji and Sowon to the park and they were waiting for them to arrive. 
“Oppa...” Sinb started, wanting to break the silence between them.
“Hmm?” Hanbin replied.
“Do you want to stay in Seoul?” Sinb asked while looking at him.
Hanbin shifted in his seat and scratched his head before replying, “I don’t know Hwangb ah~ but if Umji and Sowon stays in Seoul, i would really want to stay here.”
Sinb knew that Hanbin loved Sowon as much as how she loved Umji. Many times, Sinb would really want to tell Sowon but Hanbin would always threaten to tell Umji that Sinb likes her. So in the end, they would both compromise each other. Then she saw both Sowon and Umji walking towards them. They were not smiling as much as they use to before as they were worried about leaving Seoul to a different country.
Just then, Hanbin stood up and grabbed Sowon’s wrist, before telling Sinb, “Take care of our dear Umji. We will be back here very soon so do not move around. Just stay on this bench until we come back.” Sowon was blushing madly because Hanbin was holding her hand. But part of her was also curious why Hanbin was acting like this. Before she could even speak up, Hanbin had already dragged Sowon somewhere else, leaving the two small kids behind.

Sinb took Umji hand before sitting on the bench. Right now, Sinb’s mind was in a mess. She did not know what to say to Umji. Luckily, Umji was understanding enough to let Sinb think by herself while she studied Sinb’s feature. Her eyes, nose and lips all seemed so perfect to Umji. She snapped her thoughts away when she saw Sinb bringing her knees to her chest before leaning her head on her knees. Umji did not know what  was happening to Sinb but she knew that this sight was really very heart breaking for her. Umji immediately scoot closer to Sinb and hugged her with her short arms. This was then Umji found out how much Sinb was trembling.
“Shhhh... Sinb what is going on?” Umji tried to pacify the older girl.
Sinb started to cry. Sinb hugged the younger girl as tightly as possible before resting her head on Umji’s shoulder. Taking deep breaths, Sinb started to speak in a slow and trembling voice, “Um-umji... promise me that when we go separate ways, you must not forget me okay? And take care of yourself don’t get hurt because if you do, i will never forgive myself. Let’s meet each other in the future...” Sinb hugged Umji tighter as Umji let her tears fall.

============================================

“Oppa... why must you drag me here? It is getting late already and I need to bring Umji home and pack our stuff.” Sowon said as she looked around the beautiful forest.
Hanbin secretly let a tear drop. Taking Sowon’s hand to get her attention, he turned his body around to face her. “Appa.. appa was assigned to move to new zealand. Our entire family have to move to New Zealand a few day after you and Umji leave.” 
Sowon squeeze his hand tighter, encouraging Hanbin to go on. She wanted to hear why he must drag her here. It was not that she hate this place but she knew that there was a lot of things Hanbin wanted to say to her.
Hanbin took a breath, still not letting his hand go. “Sinb does not want to let Umji know. I’m very positive, so i am letting you know in advance in case you want to visit us. Please take care of yourself and Umji too....” Hanbin’s vision was getting a bit blur and he felt someone touch his face. His heart pumped wildly as he recognised the familiar touch and he instantly calmed down. Sowon wiped his tears before he continued speaking, “This place... this forest... is where i come whenever i feel tired. It is very meaningful as no one has ever come here before. Not any i know would come here. Every single one of the trees here are all for you. Each and everyone of the trees represent our memories together, weather is it alone or with our family members. Let those trees be our past, present and future.” Hanbin then took out a ring made of small flowers, Sowon’s favourite flower as a matter of fact, and he took her hand. “Promise me Sowon. That you will never forget me and never to throw this ring away. When i come back to find you, i will make sure you will never leave my side again.” He then insert the ring to Sowon’s third finger before hugging the now crying Sowon. They were like this till Sowon had calm herself down. What Sowon did next really shocked Hanbin. She kissed him. He stared at Sowon widely and he could feel his cheeks burning. That tingling sensation that was still on his lips seemed to drown him into a pool of happiness. He stared at Sowon who was blushing right now with her heads bowed down.
“S-sorry oppa... I won’t do that again.” Sowon quickly apologised after seeing his reaction. She wanted to add another apology but before she could speak, Hanbin had lifted her head and capture Sowon’s lips in a slow and relaxing pace. It was not the kind of kissing where they wanted to fight for dominance. It was a passionate one where they were both enjoying each others lips with the sound of nature.

============================================

The day finally came where the Kim family had to leave for the States. Both the Kims and Hwangs got together at Incheon airport for the last time before leaving. The adults were all talking solemly, occasionally joking before going back to serious mode. Meanwhile, the children had not been talking at all. They were all holding each other’s hands, enjoying the skin ship  moment. Soon, it was the time for the Kims to board the plane. The adults exchanged hugs with each other and pinching or ruffling the kids hair while the kids looked like they were about to cry. Then, without another word, the Kims were about to check in when Sinb suddenly shouted, “Umji! Wait!” she then rushed over to Umji before hugging her one last time and she finally spoke the words she had been wanting to say to Umji so badly, “Umji, I love you. I will wait for you to come back.” Before waiting for Umji’s reply, she went over to Sowon and said, “Unnie, sowon unnie, i will miss fighting with you. Annyeong.” Without wating for anyone to reply, Sinb had already went back to her parents side and waved goodbye, and that was the day where it was the most  heart breaking for the Hwang family.

============================================
A few days later, it was the Hwangs to leave Korea. They had reached the airport in a slow pace each of them worried about their future. They were now waiting to enter the gates. Sinb stared nervously at Hanbin as he was frantically calling a person. 
“He-hello?” the person called out.
“Sowon ah~ it’s me, Hanbin. I just want to let you know that i will be leaving very soon and just want to hear your voice one last time before i leave...” Hanbin started off but got cut by Sowon.
“Oppa, i’m going to miss you. I hope you are going to do well in New Zealand and i’m doing fine here right now. I wish you all the best in your future. I love you Oppa.” Sowon said, her voice was cracking right now as she struggled to not cry.
“Sowon yahhh... i will miss you... i love you. By the way, is Umji there? Hwangb badly wants to talk to her.” Hanbin replied as he passed the phone to Sinb, in which she almost jumped of her seat to grab the phone. It was days since  she had last talk to Umji and Sinb was dying to hear her voice.
“Umji ah- please listen to me. I want to let you know that i love you so much and i will one day come and find you. No matter how long it takes, one day i will surely find you so please don’t forget me. Remember that- “ Sinb’s words was cut of by an flight annoucement. It was time for Sinb to go on board. Umji who had sharp hearing immediately hear the flight announcement spoke up, “HwangB, i will wait for you, i will never forget you and wait for you. Come and find me when you grow up. I will be waiting.” Sinb hearing that, choked on Umji’s words before whispering, “Take care of yourself i love you.” Without waiting for a reply, Sinb hung up and went with her family that was chasing her like five minutes ago, wiping away fallen tears that was on her cheeks.

End of flashback

============================================

Hiii im back! Sorry it took a while as i had to study for upcoming tests. I hope yall will enjoy this long chapter while i go away to study again. Life's tough for a person man. Um so maybe i will be having a short chapter for the next update so stay tuned!!!🖑🖑🖑