Chp 4

Fate

*two week later sunday*
It was more than two weeks since Sinb had last talked to Yewon. No matter how Yewon had tried to talk with Sinb, Sinb either stared at her blankly or walk away, far away from Yewon. Sinb had also come into the class with more bruises and cuts, earning Yewon a frown. Yewon had tried bring up the topic and even joke about but it always got ignored by Sinb, making Yewon disappointed.

Umji's POV
Today was a free day for me. It was very rare nowadays expecially with all the huge amount of projects and homeworks. I was heading to the bus stop to take a bus to a nearby park where i would go whenever i wanted to relieve stress. I stopped walking and looked at what was in front of me. Sinb. She was wearing a mask that was covering her face. Then, i saw her holding a familiar cap.
I frantically search through my brain before gasping in silence. The waiteress two weeks ago was her, Sinb. I came back to my senses when i saw her boarding a bus. Immediately, i forgot about going to the park and i decided to follow her.
After being on the bus for a while, i saw Sinb alighting. I quickly followed her as i did not want to lose her. She went deeper in the town (or so i thought it was) it looked like she had no plan to stop anytime. I saw her stopping infront of a lady and i frantically hide behind a wall. She had ordered a bunch of rose.
Curiousity and jealousy filled my heart. Who is that for? Her boyfriend? Ah.. how i wish it was me.... Somehow i feel jealous towards whoever she is giving the bunch of rose. I snapped out of my daydream when she dissappeared from my sight.
I looked around to find Sinb turning into a corner and i quicken my steps. To find her entering a cemetery.

Sinb's POV
I turned into a corner like usual whenever i came to this place. It was a few months since i came to this place as i had to repeatedly take care of my mom's shop, work, study and put up with all the hits and bruises that was delivered on my body.
I walked lifelessly to the grave to find it dirty and messy, grasses and weeds covering the grave. I knelt down and carefully placed the bunch of roses down. I started cleaning the grave and pulled out some grasses and weeds before sighing.
"Han bin oppa....." I started to speak. "It's been a few months since i last visited. I'm sorry oppa... i was busy with a few stuff. How are u doing right now? U must be living a peaceful life up in heaven right... how i wish i could also follow you too....." I trailed off, pausing for a while, letting the silence consume me as i figured out what to speak to my oppa.
"I wish i could travel back in time and bring u back from the dead. If only the incident didn't happen back many years ago. I SHOULD BE THE ONE THAT WAS DEAD IM SO SORRY... IM SORRY THAT YOU DID NOT GET TO ENJOY YOUR LIFE IM SO SORRY. IT WAS ALL MY FAULT......." I stop talking and buried my face in my hands, letting all my tears flow out.

Umji's POV
Tears welled up my eyes after hearing Sinb talking to her dead brother. I stifled a cry. I badly wanted to go up to Sinb and comfort her and let her cry in my arms. But all i could do was to wipe my tears and slowly walk back home, giving her some privacy.
===========================================
From that day on, Yewon viewed Sinb differently. She no longer viewed Sinb as a cold person. She thought Sinb was a caring person but just that Sinb did not show it out. It was the fourth week Sinb did not talk to Yewon, yet Yewon continued on. At first Yewon would speak about how Sinb looks. Slowly, Yewon started speaking about her own life, how annoying her sister was though she knew Sinb would not be paying any attention. It soon became a daily routine.
But the truth was Sinb actually paid attention to what Yewon was talking. She would remember the slightest details about Yewon's story and she would sometimes smile but of course it would always go unnoticed by Yewon. Sinb did not know how Yewon managed to make her smile, but all she knew was that she would feel a warm feeling creeping into her heart.

*a week later*
Yewon strolled down the park, listening to her favourite music at a high volume. She sat down on a bench, her favourite bench where all her childhood remained. Looking at the children infront of her playing the sand pit, she could not help but smile before looking down and sigh.

"HwangB ah... where are you.... i miss you so much....."

============================================

Hai guys🖑🖑, thank you for some comments. Im sorry that this was a short one as i was quite busy with school stuff. And this is just the opening of some plot twist so yeah enjoy this story while i brain storm for a long chapter!!!