Chp 19

Fate

The old man and his gang got charged a lifetime in jail. They had done many many notorious crimes and got away with the police everytime. 

Sinb is now recovering well. Her condition is stable and she was emotionally well to go home. Sinb had allowed people beside Umji to comfort her after she had gotten use to them. Sinb also miss the times where she could just kiss Umji without thinking.  But now, she had to be careful and scared if it will trigger the unwanted memory.

Sinb also has to deal with both her parents who were frequently apologising to her for all the trouble caused to her. Not like she had the heart to reject her parents apology. They are alright with one another, and they lived like how they used to last time when Sinb was young.

Sowon had also moved on from Hanbin. She is now dating a rather tall girl called Yuna. They both act real lovely dovey together and clingy. Of course, Sowon had already forgave Sinb and supported her dating Umji.

As for Umji, she is just leading her own simple life, visiting Sinb everyday in the hospital, doing her homework, ect. Often, Umji would miss the days where Sinb would kiss her out of the blue. She wanted to kiss those soft lips of Sinb's but she was scared to trigger the memories back to Sinb. The very least, she still could be a little clingy to Sinb who now did not mind a single bit.

=============================================

Today was the day where Sinb could get discharged from the hospital. Sinb was excited. She had waited for a year.

"Hwangb... let go! Auntie and Uncle are waiting for us!" Umji said excitedly as she grabbed Sinb's hand and dragged her out, not after she checked that they did not leave anything behind.

Both of them got into Sinb's parents car. The ride was rather fun, Umji and Sinb's parents joking continuously. After a while, Umji noticed Sinb had never participated in their jokes all this while in the car. She gently grabbed Sinb's hands, making Sinb turn her attention to Umji.

"Why are you so quiet? Is there anything wrong?" Umji asked softly.

Sinb shooked her head before turning her head to face the window. The truth is, she had saw Hanbin just now waving at her. A goodbye. Then, he disappeared.

Meanwhile, Umji thought Sinb was just mearly tired and shrugged her shoulders before continue talking to Sinb's parents. 

=============================================

"Okay we are here. Hwangb ah, appa and eomma need to settle some stuff okay? Take a rest and if you get bored, Umji is here with you. And Umji, we will be back a little late, so if you feel tired, you may either sleep in Hwangb's room or a guest room. Its up to you. Oh Hwangb, your room is on the second floor, furthest to the right. We need to go now okay?" Sinb's dad instructed.

Both of them nodded their head and got out of the car. Once Sinb's parents drove off, they turned to the huge mansion. It was so big that it could contain at least 30 people.

"Hwangb, this is your room." Umji told Sinb in awe.

Sinb just let her jaw drop. It was a luxurious room. It had a queen size bed, a huge table and a comfortable chair to sit. A bathroom was also located in the room.

Sinb shooked her head. "N-no. I cannot accept this. This is too much." She quickly walked down, away from the room. 

"Hmm? Why? They are your parents, they live here, so shouldn't you take that room? You are also gonna live here as well." Umji asked.

Sinb shooked her head again. Too much.. too huge. To think that her parents were filthy rich. It was a sudden change. 

"N-no. I-I don't think i deserve this. Give me a smaller room instead." Sinb pleaded.

Umji sigh. She held Sinb's hands and said, "I am in no position to say anything. If you don't want the rrom, tell your parents. But for now, let's just put your things there first okay?" 

Sinb nodded her head. She then walked up and placed her luggague and went down again. She sat on one of the sofa and sigh.

"Hmm? Anything wrong now?" Umji asked.

Sinb laid her head on Umji's shoulder and played her fingers. Silence was filled in the air. 

"Umji?" Sinb asked.

Umji hummed as a response. "I-I.. miss kissing you." Sinb confessed after a while.

Umji was taken back. "But i'm scared. I'm afraid that the memories will come back. It's difficult." Sinb tightened her grip around Umji's waist.

Umji was silent. She also missed Sinb's kisses. "Take your time. I won't mind." That was a lie. Umji badly wanted Sinb to kiss her already.

Sinb mustered her courage. She tilted her head up and faced Umji. Slowly, she advanced towards Umji lips. Umji was clearly surprised at Sinb's action. She leaned back a little as Sinb kept advancing forward slowly. Then, Sinb stopped. She scanned Umji's eyes  as she composed herself. To be honest, Sinb felt her body shaking a little. The memory was coming back but she tried to push it aside.

After a few moment, Sinb leaned herself forward and locked her lips with Umji. Both of them let themselves drown into the sensation. It was not for long till Sinb pulled her lips away and looked cautiously at Umji. Fear. That was what Umji saw. She quickly wrapped her arms arouns Sinb and calm her down.

"You.... i'm proud of you. You had the courage." Umji soothed the quivering Sinb.

It took a while for Sinb to reply. "I-i did it. Umji ah... i missed your lips so much." Umji face was flushed.

"Umji, why do you love talking to me even though i never replied you last time?" Sinb asked. 

"I also don't know. I remembered when i first came into the class, you were the first person that caught my attention. You looked really mysterious to me at that time. Then... i found you having many bruises. The bruises that was continuously on your skin. So i got curious and wanted to know more about it. Come to think of it, you still haven't tell me why."

Sinb took a deep breath. "The man and woman... kept beating me up whenever i did something wrong. Whenever we do not have enough money for survival, they would kick me and slap me badly. It was to the point where i could not even get up sometimes."

"The ones on your face?" Umji asked cautiously.

"The man was angry at me because i didn't have money to provide for his gambling habits. He gave me 2 days to find a new job after getting fired from my old job. But no one wanted to accept me. They thought i was too young to work. I went back empty handed and he got really mad at me and took a knife to slash my face. I didn't have the right medication to apply on it, so it left a scar there. As for they others, it was created by the woman that slap me. Her nails would claw my skin and it left a scar too. Some was also caused by the man who threw glass bottles at me whenever he was drunk." Sinb explained.

Umji rubbed Sinb's arms up and down to comfort her. "At that time, did you ever thought of just leaving the place and never go back again?"

"Of course i did. But then, i realised that i did not have the enough money to survive on my own. So i just told myself to study well and get a proper job as soon as possible."

"But, are you not scared of me?" Sinb asked.

"Why?" Umji asked back.

"Because of my face, my attitude, everything. And rumors about me." 

"Why would i? I judge the heart, not appearance. But for your attitude, i admit that i was really afraid of you. I remembered that you used to snap at me sometimes. As for the rumors, i didn't really believe it alot. But because of the rumors, i really wanted to know more about you and see if the rumors were true. But not all were true." Umji replied.

"Hmm.. Umji will you marry me?" Sinb nonchantly asked.

Umji felt her heart pumping at a high speed. "What? Are you proposing to me now?"

"In this situation yes." 

"We are too young right now Hwangb. And can you be more sincere? You sounded like you were just randomly asking." Umji replied feeling a little sad.

"Hehe... i just wanted to see your reply. One day, i will propose to you in the grandest way you can ever imagine!" Sinb said excitedly before yawning a little.

Umji grinned. She certainly could not wait for the day to come. She was feeling tired already, she felt Sinb's breathing slow down, signalling that she was going to sleep.

They laid in this position and waited for Sinb's parents to return home.

=============================================

I'm done with this story!!! Sorry if the ending was a little bad. And thank you those who constantly leave comments and thoughts down. I really apreciate it alot. Thanks to those who upvoted and subscribe my story. Hope yall have a great day!