Chp 17

Fate

It has been a few days since Sinb woke up. She is following the nurse instructions carefully. Sinb is recovering well thanks to everyone that supported her. One day, a nurse came in and said, "Miss Sinb, you are scheduled to be discharge from the hospital within a week if your condition is stable like now. Remember about your heart everytime if you do not want to stay her longer."

Sinb giggled. She was of course excited to be discharge. Not like she wanted to stay in a hospital and do nothing all day. Not to mention that the food there was much less tasty than Umji's cooking.

"Umji. You should go back home and sleep. It is getting late already and you still have school tomorrow." Sinb said concerning.

"Hehe.. Not to mention that i still haven't done my homework." Umji said.

"What! Where is the Umji that does her homework dilligently?" Sinb asked feeling shocked at the sudden change of attitude from Umji. Sinb has always known that Umji always put her homework as the top pirority.

"Well, it can't be helped. There was too many homwork given today. A whole pile of assignments!!! I figured out that if i completed my homework first, then it will be midnight and the visiting hours will be closed." Umji said as she shrugged her shoulders.

"But still-" Sinb protested.

"Its you. My girlfriend. For my girlfriend, i am willing to do anything." Umji cut Sinb's words.

"Then.. as a girlfriend, listen to me and do you homework now!" Sinb playfully instructed.

"Aye Aye Sir!" Umji played along.

"Byeee. See ya tomorrow!" Umji added as she blew a kiss to Sinb and Sinb did a finger heart, and at last, Umji closed the door.

Umji had gotten bold in expressing her love to Sinb over the days. Maybe it was Sinb who helped her in expressing her feelings out. At first, when Sinb showed a loving and caring sight to Umji, it made Umji's heart flutter for the rest of the day. It has become a norm for them, maybe it doesn't make Umji heart go upside down anymore. But nonetherless, the feeling of love towards Sinb still did not change.

================================================

Sinb laid her head on her pillow. It was fun to see someone caring for her like Umji. She promised to herself that she would never take advantage of her nor cheat on her. She heard the door creaked open but thought it was just a nurse checking on her and just continued closing her eyes. She heard the door closing and assumed that the nurse was gone. Then, she felt something cold and sharp forcefully placing it on her neck. Terrified, she opened her eyes quickly to find a random old hag staring at her with a mask on his neck and a sharpened knife against her neck. A few men were just behind him.

"W-what do you want?" Sinb asked bravely, hoping that her voice would not betray her nervousness.

"A nice chat."

================================================

*the next day*

"Hi HwangB! I'm here and i did my homework before coming!" Umji greeted cherrfully.

But she did not get a reply from Sinb who was staring at her and got worried. Umji moved her hand left and right but Sinb did not mover her eye pupils did not once even move. Oh.. She's day dreaming. How cute. Umji then decided to shake Sinb since it has been ten minutes since she enter but received no reply from Sinb.

"Yah! Day dreaming?" Umji asked as she shooked Sinb's arm a little forcefully.

"Eh? Wh- Oh Umji since when did you come?" Sinb was surprised.

"Ten minutes ago. You were space out for a whole ten minutes and god knows how long before that too!" Umji told her. "Or are you thinking of some other girls?" Umji then pretended to sulk and crossed her arms together.

That made Sinb flustered. "Wh-at... NO WAY HOW CAN I LOOK AT OTHER GIRLS?" Sinb shouted a bit to loud.

She seemed flustered.. Issit really true or am i just overthinking? But as the girlfriend of HwangB i must trust her right? 

"Anyways, i told you that i have already completed my homework, so can i spend a day here till visiting hours are closed?" Umji asked.

"Eung, y-yeah of course my princess." Sinb said.

But throughout her stay with Sinb, Umji found Sinb to be very distracted and often space out. She even has to shake her body roughly in order for Sinb to pay attention to her. Worried, Umji asked, "Hwangb, are you feeling really tired? You spaced out many times today! Do you want me to get you a doctor right now?"

Sinb shooked her head and explained, "Maybe i just need a rest. You know, the medicine is drowsy sometimes. Maybe they increase the dosage today."

The naive Umji believed what Sinb had said and dejectedly said, "You should have told me earlier then. I will visit you tomorrow okay? Rest well.." 

She adjusted Sinb's pillow and laided her body down gently before leaving. "Call the doctor if you feel uncomfortable okay?"

Sinb chuckled and replied savagely, "Yah! You are starting to nag like Sowon unnie that grandmother. I need a break from her!!!"

Umji punched Sinb's shoulder and giggled before waving a goodbye to Sinb.

================================================

"Seems like you are following my orders well huh?"

"Y-Yes.."

He pat her head before pulling it. "Follow my orders okay? Do not defy it or else you will see this knife slice through your neck."

"Y-yes.."

He released her hair and said, "Good girl. And tomorrow... HAHAHA prepare for what to come. I have fun playing with you for now. Let's play tomorrow." He turned to his men and ordered them to get out.

He leaned towards the girl's ear and whispered, "Remember my name. Mr Lucas. Tomorrow will be a wonderful day to come."

===============================================

*day three*

"Sinb, what is wrong with you? You have been spacing out alot of times since yesterday. Care to share anything that is troubling you?" Umji asked. 

"Nothing... I don't know why too.. maybe the medicine is a different type. Maybe my body isn't used to the medication yet." Sinb lied.

"Ouh.. then let's just not talk. Let's keep quiet too. You need to rest your heart. You will get discharge in a few more days. Just bear with it." Umji tried to persuade.

Silence... "Umji ah, why are my parents not coming to visit me? it has been a few days since they last visit." Sinb asked curiously.

"Uncle said that there is some works going on for both Uncle and Auntie. They must be super busy right now. Be a good girl and understand them okay?" Umji said.

Sinb nodded her head before spacing out again. What exactly does he wants from me... what have i done wrong? what has Appa and Eomma done anything wrong? Why me? Sinb was so focused in thinking that her head was feeling pain. She slowly massaged it to ease the pain. 

"Hwangb? Do you have a headache?" Umji asked Sinb.

Still massaging her head, she slowly replied. "Yeah. It doesn't go away. It hurts." She whined.

Umji got up and slowly massaged Sinb's head. It made Sinb feel better after a while. "Thank you Umji." Sinb said slowly. She looked outside to find it dark already. She started to panick.

"Umji! It's dark outside already! The visiting hours should be over soon!" Sinb warned.

Umji grabbed her phone and looked at her lock screen. 7.45pm. "Ah! I almost forgot about it. I need to go already. Bye!!" Umji hastily waved goodbye.

"Umji." Sinb said in a scary voice. 

"Yes?"

"Be careful."

"Of course." Umji said and walked back to Sinb, planted a kiss on Sinb's forehead before rushing out.

Luckily... they will be here in no time. Hope Umji don't meet them. Sinb sigh. 

The door opened soon after. revealing the same old gang. But in different suits. They were wearing doctors coats instead. 

"Hello my dear girl. How are you feeling today?" The old hag asked Sinb but the latter was to scared to reply.

"Can you hear me? I SAID HOW ARE YOU FEELING TODAY? REPLY ME YOU THIS B****!" The old hag asked Sinb in a louder tone.

"I-I-I-a-a-a-m-m-m-m-f-fi-n-e-e." Sinb stuttered.

==============================================

Sinb has been acting strange lately. Is she thinking about another girl all this while? Am i not important to her? Umji was now at the bus stop waiting for her bus to come. She mentally slapped herself. No! This will not happen. Urgh she already said it was the medication! Yewon ah Yewon ah... don't overthink! After convincing herself that Sinb was loyal to her, she went and search for her wallet in her bag but it was not found. Umji was terrified. Sh**! I left it at the table beside Sinb! The visiting hours must be over already! without the wallet, how can i even go home! Umji ran back as quickly as she could hoping that the staffs there could at least let her enter to collect her wallet.

"Um excuse me, is the visiting hours over?"

"Yes. You will have to come again tomorrow. I'm sorry but patients need to rest." The staff apologised.

"Can you let me go in? I left my wallet there." Umji tried.

"In that case sure. But you need to come out quickly okay?" 

"Okay. And i'm sorry." Umji apologised as she bowed a 90 degree before running to Sinb's ward.

But what she saw next was horrifying for her. She gasped out loud and ran away from the place.

=============================================

"Uncle what should we do? Visiting hours are over?"

"...."

"Okay, understand."

==============================================

An update today!!!! It is a school holiday so i managed to create this scene for you. The next few chapters may have trigger warning so... yeah just get ready!!!