You’re Looking At Him

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another week had gone by and here you were heading towards the school you love…or once loved. The weather was beginning to change into Fall making it a bit windier that day. You tugged open the front glass doors and papers soared and swirled around you. You were in a daze until you realized what you had done. A few feet away from the door, a large pile of construction papers neatly stacked onto a dolly were no longer neat. You quickly collected the loose papers, picking them up off the floor while cradling them into your arms. You walked over to the dolly and patted the edges of the papers together to relieve you of your minor obsessive compulsive disorder.

 “Hey…what are you doing?”

You looked up to see a familiar face as he walked towards you. His light grey-colored hair that you hadn’t noticed before made the tint in his eyes look hazy. His hair covered his forehead allowing bangs to dangle close to his eyes. You had to admit, he had an aura filled with coolness, calmness, and intimidation. His jacket was ed revealing a pink cotton vest underneath that protected his tie from hanging loose. Why was that rose quartz so pretty, even on a man?

Your stomach twisted when you remembered that he had threatened you before. In his arms, a large white poster was rolled up neatly.

“I’m sorry, I opened the door and the wind blew some papers off the dolly. I was just…” you tried to explain when suddenly a few bits of papers slid out from his poster and onto the floor. You reached over to aid him in picking up the scraps. After handing them to him, he shoved the papers back into the poster board and thanked you. You apologized again, said a goodbye and hurried passed him.

“Can you…” he swung around to look at you, “Can you help me?” he asked. When you returned your attention to him, he lifted the poster in his arms and nodded to the dolly beside him.

You walked over to the dolly and began to tip it over but he stopped you midway and advised, “It’s probably better if you carry the poster. The dolly is heavy.”

He tilted the dolly over and dragged it down the hallway while you trailed behind, making sure the rolled poster didn’t go undone. You followed him through a walkway and into another building.

 

 

“That’s odd. It’s locked,” He announced while fidgeting with the doorknob.

“I think I should have the key,” you replied recalling that you were indeed the chief who guarded the silver keys from 5-9pm. You paced over to the door as he stepped back allowing you to take control. You handed the poster over to him, pulled out the stash of keys and asked, “What room is this?”

“The Seventeen Club room,” he replied nonchalantly and your eyes lit up. Although you meant to ask what the room number was…his answer was even better.

“Really?” You inquired in surprise as you turned around to look at him. His eyes widened from your reaction as he nodded to reassure you he was telling the truth. He observed you as you looked around the door for the room number and then back to your keys.

“Oh I’m sorry…I didn’t realize you were asking for the room number.”

“Oh it’s ok,” You responded brushing away his misunderstanding. You were honestly too excited to care.

You opened the large room and switched on the lights. Forgetting to help him, you walked in and gasped in awe when you noticed large stickers plastered against the windows spelling out: Seventeen Carat Club. This was the room you had desired all your life to be in. If only you had made it to Pledis University. If only.

Movable desks and rolling chairs were bunched together in the center of the room creating a conference look. Adjacent to the wall mounted with windows were walls that had white boards extending from one end to the other. On them were scribbles of random drawings and circles that were left un-erased.

Above you, trillion shaped crystals hung from the ceiling, each dangling at different lengths reminding you of a tranquil snow photograph.

 

 

He maneuvered the poster around you and headed towards the desks in the center of the room. When he accidentally dropped the poster causing a noise to ding you snapped out of your admiration to remember why you were there in the first place. You turned around and headed out to fetch the dolly.

“It’s ok, I got it,” he assured you as he held onto the handles and rolled it inside. Instead of leaving like you should’ve, you shuffled back in; still ecstatic, unwilling to leave.

Seungcheol studied your atypical behavior. The Seventeen Carat Club was a popular organization at the university. Many girls were aware of the club and they had many, many admiring fans, however your enthusiasm was on a different level. Instead of admiring him like the girls he was used to, there you were, entirely and fully occupied with admiration for the room.

He studied your long hair and side swept bangs that were accompanied by a large blue hairbow clipped on the side of your head. He observed your thin fingers that peeked out from your rolled-up sleeves as they fiddled together nervously at your chest. He made a face when he realized your outfit was so giant against you that it swallowed all your shoes allowing only the tips of your sneakers to peek out from under the folded leg holes.

 

 

When the door shut behind you, you snapped out of your admiration and noticed Seungcheol walking by. The poster lying on the tables was now rolled open revealing a blank canvas with a few construction papers bunched at the middle. You looked to the door and then back at Seungcheol. He had closed the door and you didn’t even realize a single movement from him.

“Sorry…I’ll

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter