Get Off Me!!!

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You rolled up the sleeves to your janitor suit and ran your hands through your long hair. After tying it into a ponytail you reached to pull a sticky note that was left on the janitor door.

Please clean the large theatrical room in the West building. An event will be happening there in the next two days.

You stared at the badly written room number and signed signature from the principal. When you remembered that the West building was where you had first met Jeonghan, you suddenly did not want to go there. He had become your ‘best friend’ overnight and you still didn’t understand the reason behind his demand.

 

 

You dragged behind you the empty rolling trashcan filled with cleaning supplies as you walked across the breezeway and into the West building.

You unlocked the theatrical room and the entrance, like elevator doors, slid quietly apart and into the walls. From where you stood outside, you could see the stage lit with beaming lights of dark purple and blue. When you entered, you noticed a few of the ceiling lights in the audience shining down, isolating seats like a spotlight would to a performer.

You rolled the trash can in and proceeded to find the lights to brighten up the enormous space. However when you failed in finding them, you proceeded towards the stage. You figured maybe you could start there instead. At least there were enough lights on the stage to sweep. The sliding doors silently closed shut behind you darkening the theatre room even further.

You stood on the stage and remembered the other room you had met Joshoua in. This theatre room felt like it was 10 times larger. The dark mahogany floor tiles stretched all around you as you walked into the middle of the stage. Over by the curtains a book laid there, opened and abandoned.

You walked over and picked it up to realize it wasn’t an ordinary book. The words inside were written in play format. On the left, a name or position was listed and next to it was their line to speak in italicized font. Separated by a colon, actions were written out to teach you how to act the part. You skimmed it and landed on an easy act.

Sister If the soldiers come, you must hide: Get down on one knee and place hand on younger sister’s shoulder

Sister Please don’t be scared, I will be back: Stand up and walk away

You read it and then proceeded to act out the actions by kneeling and placing your hand on an invincible person in front of you.

“Please don’t be scared, I will be back,” You added and then as directed by the book you stood up and walked away swinging your arms.

“What are you doing?”

The book fell from your grasp as your heart raced inside your chest. You stared at the man walking out from the closed blinds while the fright in your body dissipated slowly. His hair was a hue of purple from the stage lights while the color in his uniform shifted into a different shade of pink and blue.

You rubbed your fingers together from embarrassment and replied, “I’m cleaning.”

“That’s how you clean?” he asked walking towards you unconvinced. When he got closer you felt a bit of violation when his eyes darted up and down your suit.

“Is that how you got the janitor suit too? You came in here and maybe um…took it?”

“What?” you questioned offended from his assumption.

“That’s the outfit in the play I was in this summer. The student who played the character is six feet tall.” Vernon explained.

“What does that have to do with me?” you replied unsure why he was telling you unnecessary information.

“If you were going to take something to wear, you could have at least taken something that fit you. Quit playing and take the janitor suit off.” Vernon demanded in a skeptical tone.

“Uh…no,” you replied and formed an X in front of you with your arms. You were not going to take anything off.

“Then why are you wearing that?”

“Because I have to…”

“By who? Who is forcing you to wear it?”

“The principal, duh.”

Vernon’s forehead wrinkled from what you said as he walked closer to you. His light brown eyes glistened reminding you of glass marbles. From your height, you could see his prominent jaw line. He too, like Jeonghan, had a light mole on his neck. His tie was nicely knotted, keeping his white-collar shirt in a clean fold.

Vernon looked at your small face that reflected the purple hue from the stage lights. He wondered why you were always dressed in that outfit. If you wore it every day, you probably stole the whole stash of the same outfit from the backdoor closet. He had been in many plays before and just couldn’t understand who would be silly enough to do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter