Best Friends

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When the weekend rolled around you came up with a bright idea: to visit Pledis University. You figured that if you visited the school during a Sunday, students wouldn’t be on campus and no one would be there to bother you in the courtyard. You convinced yourself that there was nothing wrong with taking advantage…or enjoying the school while you had the chance.

Instead of wearing your janitor suit, you threw on a white cotton dress. You paired it with a yellow cardigan, your white converses and a pink headband. You flung your maroon satchel over your shoulder and headed over to the school.

You entered and carefully listened for possible sounds of people. When the hallway was silent, you jogged over to the doors that led you out to the courtyard.

 

 

You were describing the courtyard and how calming it was until multi shutter sounds stopped you in your thoughts. You looked over to see a camera directed at you. When you watched him pull the camera away from his face you remembered him. He had on a white-collar shirt with dark gray stripes that ran vertically down his chest. His shirt was tucked into a pair of slim fit faded jeans that were chaffed and ripped at the knees. His sleeves were rolled up freeing his forearms from clutter while his camera strung like a necklace around his chest. He walked over and your unfinished sentence in your journal remained incomplete.

“You’re dressed differently today,” he stated and stood there letting his weight pool to one side as his other feet tipped up allowing only his heel to touch the ground.

“Can I sit here alone?” You asked and closed your journal.

“No,” Jeonghan replied and made himself comfortable next to you, occupying the same spot Mingyu originally did. You tapped your feet impatiently while you looked away from him trying to avoid any possible eye contact. Maybe that would let him know you were uninterested in his conversation. But it clearly did not work.

“I saw you from there. You look like a beautiful fairy in a lovely garden. I had to come see who it was,” Jeonghan said and you looked over to where he pointed. Damn those windows, they needed drapes.

When you didn’t show a reaction to his compliment he complained, “Your response puzzles me. I should have gotten a thank you for that.”

You exhaled loudly wishing he would disappear. He then nudged your arm and added, “Lighten up, I am just taking a break from my photo room. It gets dark in there sometimes. I’m in there so much, I am lighter than you.”

You looked at his arms to confirm his comment. He had totally lied. Although his skin was fair, it was slightly a shade darker than yours.

“Made you look.” he teased and you smiled a bit from his corny joke. Jeonghan smiled in return and noticed your pink headband that stood out like a sore thumb.

“So, are you really the janitor around here?” Jeonghan asked remembering what Seungkwan had said about you a while back.

“Does it matter?”

“Of course it does. We only have guy custodians and they’re not cute at all.”

You made a confused face from his comment. You deducted to yourself that he probably liked guys. That was nothing that bothered you anyway. You looked at him, viewing his profile while noticing the beauty mark on his neck. The blond color in his hair seem to have lightened since the last time you saw him. His hair no longer had waves; instead it was sleek straight with a side part.

When he turned to look at you, you spoke, “Why would you like custodians? There’s a whole lot of better looking guys that are students.”

“Really? You think so?” he asked. Well you couldn’t really recall anyone who was absolutely charming but there had to be someone, right?

“Of course…I mean…”

“Do I look handsome?” Jeonghan questioned cutting your sentence short.

Your eyebrows furrowed from his inquiry.  You tried to respond to him but nothing came out.

“Ahhh…I make you speechless…I guess I’m handsome enough.” He teased then motioned his camera in midair and added, “It’s a kodak moment.”

“Uh, no,” you disagreed bluntly and looked away. Ok, maybe he didn’t like guys after all.

“Oh…why is there a pebble in the fountain? It might clog the water pipes.” Jeonghan stated while reaching behind you into the water.

“Don’t touch it!”

He looked at you, his hand wet from the water and halfway to the small rock.

“It’s a wish pebble…you’re not supposed to touch it. Or else…” you stated trying to fabricate a reason.

“Or else what?”

“Or else people’s wishes don’t come true.” You explained and stared at his hand as if you had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter