Diluted Shellac

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You waited in the back of the line that lead to the glass doors of Pledis. Some people wore business suits while others wore dresses and casual clothes. You had on a dark green long sleeve collar shirt and a pair of khaki slacks. Your hair was half up while the bottom half was left down. It was the most you could do to help yourself blend in.

You smiled at the strangers and allowed them to cut you in line. After all, you weren’t there to attend Jun’s exhibition anyway.

When you got inside you noticed the poster of Jun dressed in white placed all the way down the hall. To allow the guests space, you opted for the stairs.

“What a workout!” you complained as you panted for air while taking your last step to the third floor. You pushed open the stairwell door and was greeted with the residual of flashing cameras. In front of you and surrounded by some reporters was Jun who was dressed in a dark red suit. His undershirt was jet black with reflecting see-through buttons. His black and dark red outfit was accompanied by a beautiful white bow against his neck. The red in his suit made his dark hair and eyes look incredible against his skin. He smiled as he shook the reporter’s hands to end the private interview. When he stepped away and paced towards the show room you quickly followed him. Numerous bodies blocked your view as you struggled to catch up.

Before he could enter the glass doors and into the room you called out to him. Jun turned around and the sight of you made his face which was full of concentration relax.

“Um…” you fiddled with your fingers as you approached him. Would it be too embarrassing to apologize for dissing him? You looked up at him and stated, “Congratulations…I didn’t know you were setting up for this…”

“It’s ok and thank you very much. I didn’t know you would be here.”

“Oh…well…”

“May I see your pass please?” a security guard asked and you looked at him. You didn’t know you had to have a pass to get in!

“It’s ok, she’s with me,” Jun replied saving you from getting thrown out. The security guard nodded in return and went behind you to continue checking other guest passes.

“Come inside,” Jun invited as he scooted out of the way to allow you to enter. You hesitated while people waited impatiently behind you. All you could do was stare at Jun. Were you captivated by his suit? Maybe it was how the clear buttons glistened against his black collar-shirt that made you a bit unsure of yourself.

Jun placed his hand on your back and guided you in allowing the line behind you to shift. Inside the show room, you stood there wondering what you were doing. The only reason why you came so early was because you had felt so ashamed for dissing Jun and his set-up, you felt the need to congratulate him to make up for your wrongdoing.

However, now, thanks to your full-blown guilt, you were inside the show room surrounded by people you probably didn’t deserve to be around. Unlike them, you had no clue about art and was standing there looking like an idiot.

“Jun, I think I should go. I don’t have a pass and I,”

Before you could finish explaining yourself a girl in a long black dress came in between you and Jun. She wrapped her hands around Jun’s arm, making both you and Jun look at her. Her fair skin was beautiful. Her red lips were perfectly shaped and her long brown hair had beautiful waves that ended at her elbows. Either she wore three-inch heels or she was extremely tall. You couldn’t tell which was correct. She matched Jun effortlessly and although she was staring only at Jun, you smiled at her to greet her.

“Thank you for coming Ara,” Jun stated and began to remove her hands from his arm.

“Jun, who is she?” Ara asked and glanced at you. You opened your mouth to speak hoping to dismiss yourself from the encounter but was stopped when another man; a much older man spoke from a few yards away.

“Jun!” he called and walked over. His black suit was accompanied by a white-collar shirt and a black bow that looked slightly too large on him. He was heavier set and much shorter than Jun. His eyebrows had a tint of grey and his head was full of white hair.

“Oh, nice to see you Mr. Jung,” Jun replied and pulled his arm out of the Ara’s grasp as he reached over to share a handshake with Mr. Jung. Jun gave him a small bow in the process before they let go of each other’s hand.

“I love your art,” Mr. Jung boasted and patted Jun’s arm with praise.

“Thank you, you are my inspiration,” Jun answered with a smile in return.

“Is this lovely lady a close friend?” Mr. Jung asked staring at Ara who was beside Jun. You took a couple steps back to allow Ara room. Jun reached over and yanked you under his armpit making both you and Ara stared at Jun in surprise.

“She is, she helped me set some of this up,”

Way to go Jun! You couldn’t help but feel even more guilty. You didn’t set a single thing up! If anything, you gave him grief in the process of moving his canvases.

“Oh…I’ve mistaken the wrong girl, I apologize,” Mr. Jung stated with a laugh and then proceeded to compliment the set up before he added, “A beautiful woman makes everything become art.”

“Oh, I can’t compare art to her, she makes even my skills embarrassing,” Jun replied. Oh, he was slick. His words were way too slick. You couldn’t even think of a comeback to shut him up. All you could feel was enervation from his comment.

They then continued to talk and Jun left your side as he directed the older man over to a painting encased in a glass box. The warmth from Jun’s body dissipated making you realize how cool the room actually was.

“Who are you?” Ara asked making you turn to look at her.

“Uh…”’

“Jun’s mine. Stay away from him.” She declared and stared at you with intense eyes.

“Oh…Jun? We…we are not friends,” you replied trying to let her know you were of no threat to her.

She snickered at your comment and detailed, “There are so many girls who like him. You’re not the first to pretend. I don’t appreciate you taking my place in front of Mr. Jung. And just in case you’re wondering, Jun don’t like girls that are your height,”

“Excuse me? What is your problem? So what if he don’t like girls my height, I don’t like Jun anyway. You can have him!” you spat back to shut Ara up from her rude comment. Although Jun was quite handsome, you had no time to be arguing with some girl. You were there to clean, not to argue and fight for Jun.

You rolled your eyes as you paced over to the refreshments that were lined across the back wall and onto the side of the windows. Jun’s “girlfriend” annoyed you and you needed to something to diminish your distress. You took a small empty paper cup from the upside-down stash and flicked the water dispenser. When your cup filled halfway you gulped down the water only to make a disgusted face from the bitter taste.

Someone called your name and you looked to see Seungkwan dressed in a nice black and white striped blazer. Underneath was a white t-shirt that was paired with black slacks. His style was simple yet trendy and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter