Until I Get Tired

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You closed your red and white polka dotted umbrella and then shook it to allow excess water to run off. Today was just like yesterday, full of rain and dark clouds. It was definitely a reminder that Fall was around the corner. Even the leaves on the trees were changing colors.

After you opened the front glass door, you unknowingly smiled when you noticed Dino waiting for you. He was shorter than a few of the other guys you have met, but no height could change how beautiful the pink and blue uniform looked.

“Your uniform looks so nice on you,” you complimented with admiration. You hated yourself for being another Jeonghan but why was it that around Dino, you didn’t feel awkward at all? Even though you had only been around him for a very short time, he was comforting and friendly.

Your compliment made Dino blush. He looked down at his suit and smiled away the feeling you gave him. He wore his uniform every day and he blended in with the rest of the guys who attended Pledis. To him, it was all normal. Why was it that you made it feel so special? When he looked back at you he replied, “Thanks…you’re embarrassing me…”

“Oh, thank you for letting me wear this yesterday,” you stated and handed his clothes back to him, “I washed everything, except the sweater. After I took it off yesterday, I thought I lost it but found it this morning in my bed.”

“Oh, that’s ok,” Dino replied and took his neatly folded clothes from you. He then asked, “You’re not sick are you?”

You shook your head in reply and smiled at him to assure him you were ok. Without permission, Dino reached over and placed his palm on your forehead. When he removed his hand he gave you a disappointing look.

“You’re horrible at lying,” Dino declared then inquired, “Did you take any medicine?”

You frowned in defeat and moaned, “Of course I did…”

 “Oh, I tried looking for your badge during the day but I didn’t find anything,” Dino explained.

“Oh, that thing? I don’t need it.”

“Then why did you go bathing in the rain for it? You even contracted a fever.”

“Please forget that it ever happened. I was a bit crazy yesterday,” you acknowledged while recalling how ridiculous you probably looked.

“Don’t work too hard today. And if your fever gets worse, I’ll be in the dance room today in the West building on the 3rd floor. I have extra medicine if you need it.” Dino stated caringly.

After you abided to Dino’s advice you bade him farewell and parted ways.

You headed towards the gym with a broom. According to the principles note, some basketball game was to take place in a few days so you had to do last minute clean up before then.

You opened the gym door and peeked in to make sure it wasn’t occupied. The last thing you wanted was to get caught with Jeonghan announcing your overnight friendship to the world again. You stepped in and looked down the way towards the weight room. Could Minghao be lifting weights again? You listened carefully but heard nothing in return.

You sighed with relief and looked around the gymnasium to notice a few basketballs that were left in the middle of the gym floor. Why didn’t these students ever clean up after themselves? Didn’t the principal say that they knew better?

Before you knew it, instead of cleaning, you were shooting free throws. You weren’t the best at sports but you enjoyed trying. Of course, only when no one is watching. You shot one ball and it barely made it to the hoop. It was a terrible air ball as it bounced away causing noise to vibrate within the gym. You picked up another basketball at your feet and shot it with more strength. This time the ball bounced off the corner of the back board causing the hoop to shake in response.

You picked up the last ball and tried again. You watched the ball bounce on the rim of the hoop. The seconds felt like minutes while you waited to see if it would go in. Suddenly, someone dashed from behind you towards the hoop causing a whoosh of air to brush across your face.

He leaped to catch your ball that rolled off the rim and with one bounce on the ground he effortlessly dunked the ball right into the hoop. After he caught the rebound from his successful play he placed the ball at one hip and turned to look at you.

“Very nice,” He acknowledged with satisfaction and flashed you a handsome smile. No wonder you couldn’t recognize him. His hair was no longer dark the way you had seen him before. It was now a pale blonde making even his eyes appear lighter. He had on a serenity jersey with the school name Pledis University plastered on the front. His shorts fell to his knees and were of the same color as well. The edges of his sleeveless jersey and basketball shorts were lined in rose quartz giving the overall uniform a trendy feel.

You were captivated. Even their basketball uniforms were gorgeous! Did that mean the girls wore pink? You shouldn’t have been curious about their sports uniforms, but you were. Mingyu bounced the ball and then passed it to you. You quickly caught it and watched him run around the gym to collect the other two balls you had used earlier.

“Should I ask you if you’re cleaning here today? Or should I ask you if you like basketball?” Mingyu questioned as he rolled a basketball back towards the mats. You watched him bounce the remaining ball he had in his hand as he walked towards you.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter