What in the world is a Lolloop??!!

Diaries of a Demon's child

I remember we were taught by life experiences to never rely on our instincts alone. But that time, there was nothing left to rely on. As I ran through the echoing pathways lit by lamps, it felt as if sunlight never truly shone on those stones and this whole palace was a masterpiece of darkness and mystery. I realised that I knew nothing about the place that sheltered me for all this time.

 

After bumping into countless dead ends, I noticed that the patterns and shadings of stonewall were brighter and a heck load more detailed than the area I knew of. I presumed that I had entered a wealthier area…

 

My presumption was marked with a tick when two demons wearing posh and shiny armour appeared at the other side of the path walking towards me. But before I managed to catch my breath from all the lung bursting sprints around the palace, they asked me first.

 

‘Oh.’ He exclaimed with one of those English accents. ‘What in carnations is a lowlife doing running around the main building?’

 

Lowlife? I thought, unable to match that word with myself. But seriously, I hated his ranking.

 

‘Um… there’s something I need to tell everyone. I think someone snuck into the medical supplies and contaminated them…’

‘Oh?’ He exclaimed again, but with a more interested tone. ‘And I heard that those human kids were medics? I was always against putting lives in you humans’ hands, and look what happened! ’

 

‘No! It wasn’t us,’ I explained. ‘I think I know who it was… I saw him.’

‘Oh? Well, why didn’t you report earlier?’

‘I only just figured out…’

‘Oh.’ He added again, in that uncaring tone. ‘And who might that be?’

 

I thought for a moment, trying to pull out the best way to describe him.

 

But failed.

 

‘The clown… brunette wavy hair… um…’ I stumbled as their eyes twitched with disappointment.

‘I see you describing captain Lolloop.’ He chuckled.

 

Lolloop? Who ever he may be describing, the name fitted that clown perfectly.

 

‘So… may I see him then?’ I asked.

‘Oh? Ha-ha-ha! You got guts kid. So much that it reminded me of…’ he stopped after receiving an elbow from his mate.

‘But I tell ya, ya good as dead now!’ the demon beside him laughed with a noticeably different accent.

 

They carried on walking with me tagging behind, and my heart thundered in my chest so loud that I felt it echo into the dark vanishing point of the passage way. I was afraid that those two would’ve heard.

 

After several twists and turns all perfectly at right angle, I followed the two golden armoured figures into a weird looking chamber. What I felt weird about the room wasn’t its location, shape, or size. But color.

 

The chamber marked its territory with a band of red that cut across vertically across the jade green walls. All the wall textures were smooth and sparkling in the dim flame light. The later bands of color followed a range of red, yellow, orange, and blue, as vibrant as a circus tent. My stomach tightened from nervousness, forming an aching pain. My guts told me that the clown was near, and nothing good was going to return with me when I walk back out of this ridiculous but glooming room filled stiffly with mystery… and a trace of sin.

 

We walked silently on the ‘red carpet’ into the hush atmosphere of he clown’s territory. The air here were tense and stared at us with eyes of needles that prickled into our skin. I felt like we were spied on. He knew exactly where we were and what we were after… and waited, for me to fall down his trap.

 

A cold and chilling high-pitched voice broke the silence and brought my conscience back to my eyes. In front of me, in front of the two now kneeled-down guards was a familiar face… figure actually, because hair covered his eyes and face paint covered the rest of his facial skin. There was something different about him though, something more awkward than before, something more dense and bitter… he was smiling… or rather, a smirk, under his red, brightly painted clown mouth.

 

*BONUS* Mighty Diary of Seohyun. Second page.

 

Dr Mamare filled the glittering bottle that I loved with fresh lilies so I spent the day just watching it sway with the wind and respire from morning to night. It’s so interesting how even lilies will awaken at dawn and die down at dusk… though I always feel so… uneasy when their heads drop as the sun sets into faraway mountains. I’ve wondered for so long if the flowers close and bend down because it’s time to rest or because they need to bow for respect of the all-mighty sun… i only wish someone could give me these answers...

 

Dr Mamare is the only one who lived with me for these 14 years of my life- way longer than the life of an average lily. Though she did tell me that she wanted to make a long-lasting lily and ended up with me. = = … so in a way, it's explainable that she's always so grumpy when she sees me. Oh, i should be thankful that she looked after me for so long.

 

I think that’s why I feel uncomfortable seeing flowers die within a week… seeing their stems slowly rot into brown and their beautiful petals scarring with freckles… I think, that maybe my life will rot away like that… like those lilies that lived their time…


Hi!!! SECOND UPDATE TODAY!!! = = oh my goodness I think i'm indeed very bored today...  :-)

man, how'd everyone enjoy this chapter?? (high pitched ending~ hehe i love this)

so, i don't think i'll continue with the explainations today... just coz im lazy XD lol

so i guess next update then :D (plz bare with me with all this junk)

and um, if you have any opinions or you prefer the story as it is, plz tell me so~~

(p.s. if these 'explainations' are annoying you please tell me as well, so i cantake them away or stop posting useless stuff XD hah)