Henry.

Diaries of a Demon's child

Chapter 3. Henry.

It was after I met Henry that everything started making sense about this realm. Henry. Yes, the ‘dorm leader’. I never imagined that the ‘other slave’ who took care of us was only a year older but a head taller than I was. It seemed to me that he had the widest smile on earth and was the most positive person I had ever met. Even Sunny’s lecture made a lot of sense after Henry explained everything he knew while he was at it. It was then that I learnt more about myself, and even about my mother and father. It appeared to be that what mother swore about was the truth. I had demon blood.

 

Of course, I didn't tell Henry about my half-blood inheritance. Because as the princess Sunny said, I will indeed be in danger.

Though I wondered, why hadn’t she told me that the demon Yuuki was actually the Demon God who ruled this land and had been in absence recently, which then resulted in warfare?

 

Henry was a really nice guy. He woke us up every morning and prepared the shares of job. He always made sure that the three of us new people got similar proportion of chores, even if that means increasing his own workload.

 

His natural dark brunette hair dangled down from scalp to his bluntly shaped cheeks, the backend long enough to cover his neck. His eyes, although had a shade of murky purple, was always glossed by a big stream of light. Unlike Sunny’s snow-white skin, Henry’s shade of color was almost a dull copper.

 

Before long, he and I became best friend.

 

Another six months had gone by since I came to the Yanrin palace. The work here were a lot gentler than the old countryside flat I stayed at before. I also learnt an interesting knowledge that apparently in the demon’s vocabulary, the word ‘human’ also had the meaning of slaves. But those six months, I had Henry with me, who told me that he was kidnapped from home in the other realm and lived here since he was two.

 

I never saw Sunny again after the talk from six months ago. I figured she probably had a lot to do at her position as the ‘princess.’

 

The demon wars seemed to be unending as work was full on every single day. Though lately, I’ve noticed that the wounds to treat had gone a lot worse. Before, there were mainly skin scrapes and occasionally cannon-related burns and bone injuries. But now, what seemed like spear or sword wounds were smeared all over some soldiers’ bodies. The dark purple wounds were deep to the bone, and rotting reactions started to happen as time went on. The stench of metal from dried blood in the medical rooms grew almost unbearable, until Henry suggested that we wear facial masks.

 

The deeply cut but almost bloodless wounds made me suspicious of one thing… poison. The soldiers were poisoned before they even began to fight. Most of their body fluids already altered into clusters.

 

As the number of soldiers slowly dropped down due to casualties, there was less and less housework to do. More cabins and tents were put away and the medical rooms had fewer patients.

 

Finally, the day came when we were put off the medic job. I assumed that they lost the war, from the information gained while I was probing the situation. I was walking at a snail's pace waiting for Henry along the long and empty corridor when this… this ridiculously dressed person walked past me and grinned a grin even wider than Henry’s. I couldn’t even define his gender. The dressing style appeared like a circus clown, except that this person had about five lengthy swords stuck to his waist. The person’s wavy ginger hair ridiculously hanged onto his brilliant blue shoulder pads and dazzling red jacket. At the back of his leather necktie behind his hair I saw, hanged a little bottle stuffed tight with pieces of foam. Seemed like he wanted to hide it.

 

This incredibly bizarre person grinned past me… He’s got to be the one behind the poisoning, I told myself, as my nose tingled at a familiar scent from the medical rooms.

 

*NO BONUS TODAY* :-(


(plz read author's note today~ I promise an interesting tale.)

Hey~~ soz for late update.....

me was over doing a bit of manga yesterday, which explains me absence~ :)

hehe, so in this chapter, the chubby Henry is introduced...(be aware that they're all still teenagers)

and um, im gonna tell yous something interesting today :D

coz actually... this plot was developped from a manga plot that I always had in mind about the kid of a demon on his quest to becoming the ruler of his realm. And there is this motto of the story, which WAS 'with one's power one gains glory and respect. But though even sunsets shall bow for one and for one only, one is alone and lonely.'

well the quote tells that the throne of an absolute ruler cannot be shared and that it is only for one person, that this person will have to abandon all feelings towards others as well as their loved ones for the sake of their empire. ---> (so actually, it's a sad story.)

... but then, as you can see, I made changes to it, so that romance plays a bigger element and the story is less tragic.. which suits the genre of fanfic. hehehe ...

so actually...

kyuhyun's original character was called Halo...

Sunny was Carmine

Henry was Copper

Seohyun was something like 'Lily' or 'Pai-ran'- which means white lily anyway... (i nvr decided on her name)

 

(and just a spoiler, the 'clown' isn't part of any kpop groups... he's an O.C.... but an interesting one.) :D

 

hope you enjoyed this chapter anywayz, plz subscribe or comment if you like it or have anything to say about it!!