Secrets of Sunny

Diaries of a Demon's child

Chapter 2. Secrets of Sunny,

The two slaves stood up preparing to meet their new roommate when the door was pushed open and a redheaded figure paused at the doorway. Through those two people in the way, I didn't immediately recognise that she was the girl who bought me from those brutal demons at the market.

 

She self-consciously stepped about five paces back after realising that the slaves were less than two metres from her position. Her big emerald eyes scanned around the room as if she’s looking for some thing, when suddenly, her eyes locked on me.

“I have something to ask you, come with me,” she said, with a straight, arrogant tone. Her pupils pinned me like I was her prey.

Like something was steadily pulling me, I stood up and slowly dragged myself towards her. Everything seemed to be drawn towards her shining eyes that

contrasted the color of her rich hair with perfection. As I was about to reach her, she hastily turned around, keeping distance but allowing me to follow her elsewhere.

 

The corridors were a turquoise color that glistened under golden lamps hanging from the ceilings. I was sure she led me through at lease five of those mazes before stopping at a corner. She leaned against a wall with arms folded and stared back into my eyes. Though I noticed, she wasn’t looking at me, but seemed to be looking for something within me, that did not belong to me. After what seemed like a decade of staring at me later, she gently twitched her lips and mumbled a sentence;

“You stink like human…”

For a minute, I couldn’t think of words to speak. What in the world? I thought. Doesn't she find it obvious? I mean, of course I smell like what I am. But before I can open my mouth, she asked a question. This time, her voice was firm and menacing.

“Your name?”

“K-Kyuhyun.” I replied brainlessly.

“So it is you.”

 

I was shocked from inside out. The surprise felt like a thousand needles prickling my brain. And before I said anything, she spoke again.

“You must never ever reveal your name again… not to anyone… y-you’ll be in danger…”she staggered. Her voice faded out on the last word. The calm expression that she wore before had disappeared into a deep frown, and her bright green eyes narrowed, her vision still grasping into mine.

 

“Where is your father?” she whispered again.

“I… I don’t know. ” I answered with no understanding.

“How could you not know?”

“Because I’ve never ever seen him, knew him, or talked to him. Tell me, how do I know?” I shouted with frustration, unaware of the silence that bordered me earlier.

 

The girl’s frown grew deeper as her eyebrows tensed more into her forehead.

“Have you any idea who you really are?” she said as she calmed back down. Her eyes focused like they were testing me.

“I’m a human that was brought to this realm by a friend.”

“I see. You don’t have any idea who you are.”

“And may I ask why is that, Lady Sunny?”

“Please, just Sunny is fine… when others aren’t around.” She hesitated slightly.

“You are son to the demon Yuuki.” She continued.

“And that is…?”

 

She paused, quickly dropping her frown.

“…Your father.”

 

I was sure she wouldn’t tell me anymore. Not after a reply like that. But inside, curiosity boiled in my chest violently. She must be of upper class; I can’t afford to annoy her by asking too much, I thought quietly as she stared at me with those same glistening yet incomprehensible eyes.

*BONUS* Mighty Diary of Seohyun. Second page.

 

full moon night.

I don’t feel too well tonight so I’m planning to go to bed early. Come t

 

o think of it, the moon is extra big and yellow tonight too… 

Today I got in trouble for attempting to wash dished but ended up breaking them. It was such a letdown. I didn’t manage to make Doctor Mamare happy after all. I was thinking if I pleased her enough, she’d let me outside for a while. Oh well, I’ll try harder next time.

 

I don’t know why, but I think full moon nights have some sort of effect on me. I felt really dizzy since I saw the rising moon through the house windows. Little brown speckles were also forming on my skin after I stared at the moonlight. Those little dots remind me of white flowers before they fall and die.

Well, Doctor Mamare DID tell me once that she made me out of a white lily (?!)…  Flowers die at f

ull moon?


End of chapter :) ...

 

Hi again, says Pawprint.

hope you enjoyed this chapter. ---> says pawprint.

if you're one of those readers who found this story interesting and would be interested to follow, please subscribe~

if you have any opinions or suggestions.... or anything else, plz comment to let old' Pawprint know~

 

ok this author's note has been really short and random... = = (omg i feel so random for writing all this junk)

cya next chapter, where a new character will be introduced... 2 actually... and adding on to that, I shall reveal some funny epic original ideas of this fic in the author's note area ~~ :D