Prologue- Kyuhyun’s first Diary entry.

Diaries of a Demon's child

28 april 20**

As I turned the rusted and squeaking doorknob, entering the living room, an empty wine bottle smashed into the doorframe a millimetre from my head. She missed today, I thought gladly.

On the wheelchair just a few metres from my feet across the empty floorboards was a wheelchair and its owner… My mother.

 

I turned away walking into my room, making sure that I sustained the poker face that I present in front of her. My rage was bursting in my chest, but I forcefully pressed them back down to the deepest corners of my heart. As I shut the unfeeling door that cuts all excess anger from my mind; that isolates me into the area of my bedroom, I heard her shout her ‘favourite’ words; ‘YOU DEMONS! BOTH OF YOU! YOU’RE F**K’N DEMONS!’

 

It was at my birth when my father left us. I presumed she had called him a demon ever since… I didn't think I’d ever understand what I did to her to make her hate ME so much too. Maybe I don’t belong here at all.

 

I stared out of the window while the sun set slowly into the crimson clouds at the edge of the world. I always felt surprisingly calm as I watched sunsets. It brought about a feeling that I could’ve never experience anywhere else. Like a feeling of home, like the dying sunlight whispering ‘welcome home’ to my ears. If I had one wish I would wish to be free in the broad sky, away from this rotten house and away from her…

 

I guess I could understand why my father had left us, because I felt the same way. I wondered if my ‘father’ left for the horrifying look of mother’s aging wrinkles that formed way early for her actual age or because of her brute personality that haunted me day to day. I’d like to ask him personally someday.

 

The cold breeze gently brushed my face and grey messy fringe, reminding me the pain I had to suffer for my unique colored hair. For the fourteen years of my life I had endured this torture, and believe me, I really want to end it. Today, I just shivered with the chilling wind of nightfall.

 

All the streetlights flashed on as the flaming orange sun kissed goodbye to the darkening horizon. I carefully climbed down the peeling wallboards and landed onto soft green grass. It was the first time I ever sneaked out of the house like this. I felt that if I were to return, only violence and death would await at my door. I walked across the deadly quiet streets softly brightened with streetlights. I couldn't help but stare blankly at those shining lights with full curiosity. I’ve never been out after dusk. Not that I didn't want to, but she never ever let me out after night has fallen.

 

That soundless night was when I met Boggy; who I shared a close bond with over only the period of three days…

 

I can still remember his thin brown skin that shone gold under the faint tinge of light; his weirdly structured bones which horns stuck out at the top of his head visibly clear under his slim coat of skin; and the bone chilling fear I felt from those dark pupil-less eyes.

 

He flapped his mythically beautiful wings under the dim shades of streetlight. His arrogant, yet disgustingly bony body gently lifted from the dusty path, and beautifully roamed into the welcoming dark night. It’s a pity that no others were to witness him fly.

 

It was the first time I encountered the demon named Boggy, and the first time I felt the holy presence of this kind…


 


 

Thanks to the subscribers who subscribed this fic before it even started ~ XD i wowed. seriously.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed this so-called long as 'prologue'... if not confused you completely... I can understand if some of your reactions are along the lines of 'WTF!' =_____=

and just to conclude, plz continue reading at least a few more chapters... i shall promise more intense plots --- later >_>

and also comment and subscribe... as it is essential for an 'author' to feel warmth at heart and gain encouragement to keep writing... :P

 

yea that's it.