• CHAPTER NINE

  「 ONE MORE HAPPY ENDING 」
CHAPTER NINE.
park haejin's pov
 
Today was my day off, strangely enough, I have plans with Ella, again. It's like she can't get enough of me. But as always, she's the one that dragged me out of the house.
 
About thirty minutes ago she called me and I remembered how panicked she sounded when I answered her fifth call.
 
"What?" I asked with exhaustion and irritation from the amount of calls that was sent to my phone.
 
"Don't you what me. I'm picking you up in a few minutes. Get ready, make sure you at least look decent. We're going out to eat." I rolled my eyes, she wasn't at least apologetic for calling me so many times. But what was I expecting? This is Ella Chan that we're talking about, she'd never feel remorseful about anything unless someone guilt tripped her. 
 
Within a few minutes of waiting for the younger female, she quickly pulled over on the road and started to honk, "Hurry! Get your in here!"
 
Jesus, lady. Will you at least be mindful of the neighborhood? 
 
I quickly walked over to the passenger seat and sat there while glaring at her.
 
"What happened for you to be this rowdy?" I questioned and she shrugged in return.
 
"Sorry, did I ruin your weekend?" She started to drive out of the neighborhood and I heavily sighed.
 
"Yes, now what happened?" 
 
She snickered, "I'll tell you later."
 
"Where are we eating at?" she asked as she was looking at the road and I sighed at her.
 
"I don't know, you're the one driving." I remind her with my eyebrows pulled together with a frown. 
 
She only laughed with nervously, "You're right... Well then, where do you want to eat at?"
 
"Doesn't matter to me. You're the one who wanted to go out." I gave her full control of lunch and she looked happy with the freedom of what type of food that we are going to eat.
 
"Seriously?" she was excited now, I remember how urgent she was to drag me outside.
 
I nodded in return and she smiled, "So... Mind explaining all of those calls?"
 
The driver's mood darkened and I wasn't sure if I regretted asking the question, but I want to know. We're close friends afterall, I have the right to ask her questions, right?
 
I started to chew my lower lip at the awkward silence. , I shouldn't have asked her such a question.
 
Feeling regretful of what I asked I started to play with my thumbs, "Nevermind, just tell me later."
 
The rest of the drive was just about her complaining about her job, not that I minded though. It's hilarious of her to talk about how annoying her manager was at the company that she works at. 
 
"So what about you?" she asked as we entered the fast food restaurant, "Complaints about your job?"
 
"I don't know about complaints," we were now waiting in line, "But there's this person at the company that kinda glares at me whenever I walk by..."
 
"Are you overthinking things? Like maybe she has a resting face but you think she's glaring at you." I shrugged at her suggestiong, she did have a point. But I don't think it's her normal expression that this coworker is giving me.
 
"No... I mean, maybe, but then if she continuously gives me this type of look then I don't think it's her 'resting face.'" I explained and she only laughed.
 
"I think you're overthinking it." she looked at the menu, "What do you want?"
 
I looked at the menu that was on the wall, "Surprise me."
 
"You sure? What if I get you something nasty on purpose?"
 
I nodded, "I know you're not that messed up to do that to me. Besides, you actually like me."
 
Ella laughed and shrugged nonchalantly, "You're right about that."
 
After ordering, Ella quickly swiped her card through the card reader, signing the screen quickly about the purchase. I only looked at her with surprise.
 
"What?" she was walking off to the side as we were waiting for the food now, "Why do you look like someone just stole your food?"
 
I started to rummage through my wallet, "Lemme pay you back."
 
She stopped me, "My treat. I did bombard your phone with dumb calls."
 
Something was weird. Usually, she'd ask me to pay. She wouldn't really drag me out somewhere without asking for me to pay. Or asking for me to pay half of the bill. What happened?
 
She continued to talk about how I should let her treat once in awhile and I only eyed. Something was up. 
 
"Order 37!" An employee shouted from behind the counter and I quickly grabbed the tray while Ella went to grab a table.
 
Setting the tray of food onto the table, I took the seat across from her. "So what happened?"
 
She started to feign a cough, "Wow, don't you just love to get straight to the point?"
 
"I'm serious. You're acting a bit too generous today."
 
"What?" she crossed her arms, "A girl can't be nice once and a while?"
 
"It's a bit uncalled for if that girl is you." I popped a fry into my mouth, "So what are you hiding now?"
 
"Nothing." she muttered and took a sip of her milk shake.
 
I raised an eyebrow, "Where's Sehun? He didn't come today."
 
She widened her eyes. Bingo, it was about him. 
 
"Let's not talk about him."
 
"What? Why not? He's your boyfriend, what's wrong?"
 
"Actually, it's fine. Okay, you know what's up?" I was going to open my mouth and reply but she talked over me, "I know you wanna know so I'm not going to let you answer. But anyways, Sehun and I. We've been dating for like the longet time, right?"
 
I nodded quietly.
 
"He asked me about marriage." 
 
Marriage? I raised an eyebrow, I didn't see what was wrong with that topic.
 
She continued: "And like I didn't mind. We were just watching a show and then he talked about marriage since these characters got married. But then he said something like, 'I'd like it if we got married.' Is that some sort of sign that he's going to propose or something? 'Cause I'm not ready!"
 
My raised eyebrow was higher now, "Why not? If anything, you're the one who really really loves him."
 
She shrugged, "I don't really know. I just feel anxious just thinking about marriage and stuff."
 
"...Well we're old. I can see why he'd bring up marriage. But I wouldn't think about it too much if you think he's going to propose to you," She was nerviously playing with her straw as I was talking, "If it helps, I'll tell you if he mentions the idea of marrying you to me."
 
Ella gave me a smile but it still had a hint of anxiousness to it. "Thanks. Please do tell me if he does..."
 
I didn't know that Ella was so against—or nervous to the idea of marriage. I thought it was something that every women would dream of. I didn't think Ella was the opposite. Personal reasons, I guess.
 
author's note this is such a lazy layout lol but sorry. here's an update. idk if you guys read ch8, but i posted ch8 when i announced my come back haha. so make sure you read ch8 before this. though, if you made it down here i'm guessing that you guys spoiled it. but it's fine. i avoided talking about stuff in ch8 in this chapter.
make sure u comment bc thats the rules haha
REMINDER please don't delete apps, chosen characters. if you do i'm just going to drop your character since i can't write your character!!