• CHAPTER EIGHT

  「 ONE MORE HAPPY ENDING 」
 
CHAPTER
EIGHT
 
 
 
 
author's note ↓
 
 
hey everyone, i'm back!! did you miss me? anyways, i was looking back at the character profiles and please do not delete your app or put it on draft! i found a few that were either on draft/deleted... if you delete your app then i can't write for your character.... anyways, remember the rules of reading the chapter and to comment everyone! remember to read the updates page too!!
 
 
 
 
 MIN YEONHA'S POV 
 
It was now 6 PM and I'm rushing to get everything done as I remembered that I wanted to meet the person that was handling the case of my cousin's divorce. I quietly cursed at my computer to shut down faster as I was scrambling to put away files while looking at left and right to see if the person I was looking for was going walking passed my desk.
 
She wasn't walking towards my desk but someone else was heading my way to leave the floor, "Hey, hey! Jeongsu!" 
 
He snapped his head up from his phone, "Oh hey, Yeonha, what's up? Anything you need?"
 
"You work with Park Haejin," I tried to prevent the disgust in my voice as I said that man's name, "and Jung Naeun, right?"
 
"We're in the same department! Not so much working together but I talk to Haejin a lot and stuff. I can't say that same for Naeun though." he said as he feigned sadness, "Why? What's up? Are you... perhaps trying to hook up with Haejin?"
 
I snapped my head back, I can't believe he just said that! 
 
"Oh no. I'm not. I'm married, remember?" I said as I held my hand that had the ring on my ring finger, "But anyways! Did Naeun leave yet?"
 
"Oh yeah, gotcha," he said while pointing a finger to my hand, "I think she's about to. She was packing her things."
 
"Oh okay! Thanks!" I said as I hurriedly looked at my turned off computer and the clean desk. I grabbed my purse and scurried off to Naeun.
 
I slowly approached the room where Naeun's department was at. I entered the room to see Haejin walking towards the door that I was standing at. .
 
He didn't say anything to me, just gave me a short nod as he saw the awkward expression that I had. I shook off the short acknowledgement from Haejin and continued to walk towards Naeun's desk.
 
"...Hey?" I greeted silently but bit my lip as I realized how awkward that sounded. The female that was putting away a folder into a compartment looked at me with a furrowed brow.
 
"I'm sorry but do I know you?" the woman asked and I only smiled nervously at her which she only returned with a confused face.
 
"It's totally fine." I gave her a smile, "I'm actually a lawyer and I work at the department on the left! I'm Min Yeonha. But I heard that you're working with a divorce case—Ahn Woori's divorce case with Kim Sooyoon."
 
Naeun only gave me an eyebrow raised as she looked at me cautiously, "Sorry but it's against the policies to talk about client's cases." She shut her drawer shut and started to walk away with her purse hanging on her arm.
 
"Wait!" I cried out quietly and ran after her in heels, "I'm actually Woori's cousin so I know about her and her ex-husband."
 
"Prove it." she said as she walked off towards the escalator and I walked besides her, getting my phone out as I was already prepared for this.
 
I showed her my phone as the screen had my conversation with Woori: "Yes, Min Yeonha is my cousin. I apologize for in advance if she does anything weird, Naeun". Read Woori's message.
 
A faint laugh came out of Naeun as she read the message which I grinned in return. 
 
"Well, I guess that's proof... But what did you want..?" She asked as her tone was significantly softer than before.
 
Walking out of the building I suggested, "Do you want to have dinner?"
 
She looked at me with surprise but accepted my offer, "Sure but where?"
 
I looked around, "Where do you want to eat?"
 
We ended up taking a cab to a restaurant that specialized in pasta. After we were seated and ordered our meals I started to ask Naeun a bunch of questions.
 
The woman in front of me only laughed, "I'm sorry but one at a time, please?"
 
I covered my mouth as a gasp escaped, "Sorry! Sorry! I tend to run my mouth when I'm worried, you know? But I'm sorry to just ask all of these questions I'm worried with Woori, you see?"
 
"Has she been acting weirdly?" a small ounce of worry was heard in her voice.
 
"Yes but I'm not sure..? Does that even make sense? I'm not even sure... Basically, she seems like she's okay and ready to move on but then she's mute on the whole situation... It's kind of why I was asking you for updates about their case."
 
Naeun only nodded and took a sip of her water, "We can't force her to talk about the situation. Maybe it's her way on dealing with the situation..."
 
"True," I admitted, "but then Woori is not showing one hint of hatred towards her ex-husband..! I'm scared that she's going to blame her disability for the result of this marriage."
 
"She shouldn't," Naeun said with a frown, "But I think that all that we can do is wait for her to talk about it. I mean I haven't really talked to her since the last time I went out with her... And that was when she gave me the last of the documents of ending her marriage with Sooyoon."
 
I only nodded in response as the waiter came back to our table and set our meals on the table.
 
"What about you?" the female asked as she was twirling pasta onto her fork, "How's your marriage?"
 
I only looked at her with confusion mixed with shock. How on Earth..? I then realized that Naeun was really well known in our company. Lots of people talked about how sharp she is. 
 
"...It's going... I guess you can say, alright?" I said as I stared at my dish. She didn't say anything in return but waited a few minutes.
 
"If you say so." she murmured as she looked away.
 
I continued to look at her as I was debating the options that was presented at the situation: confide with my coworker about a personal problem or to just let it go and talk about something else that may or may not bore her.
 
After thinking about it for thirty more seconds I decided to confide with my coworker.
 
"Can I tell you something personal?"
 
She looked at me with a straight face and nodded, "I might not able to give much feedback depending on the situation though."
 
I only gave her a failed attempt of a smile, "...Just listening is good enough for me."
 
Naeun waited for me to tell her about the problem. The reasons why I don't want to go home to my husband recently. 
 
"Oh gosh..." I mumbled and she looked at me with worry, "I can already feel my heart sinking as I think about it."
 
"Don't force yourself to tell me. You don't even have to tell me."
 
I shook my head quietly, "Let's start with a question, how long would you be able to last if you have to always return home everyday? You come home to your husband—but recently, it's like a routine to just expect some sort of argument... It's like sleeping by yourself also became a habit..."