• CHAPTER TWO

  「 ONE MORE HAPPY ENDING 」
 
CHAPTER
TWO
 
 
 
 
author's note
 
 
very very long chapter yikes... okay, so i didn't add ella and naeun. bc you'll see in the next chapter for naeun, and from reading ella's relationship with woori compared to haejin it just seems that ella and haejin met first than woori and ella meeting. so c; 
comment comment guys~ sorry it's a bit angsty for the first few chapters but we're powering through the first few bits to actually get this show on the road!!
 
 
 
 
 CHAE HWAYEON'S POV 
 
Here I am, sitting next to my best friend with loads of junk food around us while she was crying and I attempted to cheer her up. She's in tears about the sudden news of her husband wanting to divorce and I felt helpless since I didn't know what to do. I wasn't in a relationship nor was I ever married. I mean, when I was dumped all that I did was cry, called my friends over to my cramped apartment, and ate junk food like tomorrow was the day I was to die.
 
I rubbed Woori's back and she was still crying about what happened. Her hearing aids aren't on her, she's just crying while hearing nothing. I wanted to talk to her, since I knew her talking it out would help, her hearing aids aren't the problem. She refuses to sign back to me too, it's like yesterday's sudden text message to the group was all that she wanted to say about what happened.
3 SLEEPOVER 
ahn woohoori
honestly... what the guys - i'm just so baffled and confused idk what to think anymore
 
so i got home like not too long ago, but then i found sooyoon in his office, and then when i tried talking to him - out of no where he's just like: "i want a divorce" and then he just passes me the divorce papers!!!!
 
i pretty much have like a week to sign the dumb papers and to give it to him. and then he signed to me that he'll be staying in a damn hotel in the meantime during that week.
 
sighs what to do now... but sleepover at my place tomorrow, i literally have the whole place to myself. see you tomorrow.
Of course everyone in the chat bombed her with questions about her divorce and what she's going to do though she only just said that she doesn't know what's going to happen. Yeonha started talking bad about Sooyoon, which everyone in the group ended up doing too.
 
It broke my heart to see Woori cry, I haven't seen her like this since years, the time that she broke down this badly was when we were still kids. When she first gushed about Sooyoon I felt cautious but I was glad for her, she met someone that truly loved her and didn't mind her being deaf. Then the fact how he reached out to the girls and I about needing help to propose to Woori maybe me relieved that she found someone like him. She was so in love with him too, I wonder what went wrong. They both seemed happy, but maybe that was just a mask for their relationship. 
 
I hugged her tightly again and felt the tears forming too, seeing her cry makes me want to cry. Having these negative thoughts on her relationship with Sooyoon made me upset too since I dared to think of that.
 
Ding dong. Ding dong.
 
The doorbell rang and one of the lights flickered repeatedly with the rings, Woori shot her head up due to the lights and I motioned to her: "It was probably the Yeonha and Sena, you should put on your hearing aids. They might ask you questions right when you walk in." She nodded and started to put on the ear pieces as I quickly ran to the door to let the girls in to comfort the heartbroken broken. Right when I open the door, they saw Woori still sobbing which made them take off their shoes faster to comfort her.
 
"Are you serious that he said that he wanted to divorce?" Yeonha asked, "He didn't say 'just kidding' afterwards? He just said he was going to a hotel?"
 
She nodded silently. I sighed with frustration with Yeonha as we clearly were not going to accept the crap that Sooyoon just pulled without an explanation, but then again it's not like we can just run into him and ask him why he wants to divorce her.
 
"Did he say anything to you about it?" I asked Sena and she only shook her head with disappointment. 
 
"No, sadly, I didn't even know that a divorce was going through his head." Sena frowned and gave Woori more tissues.
 
I wanted to cry with Woori since the Woori that Sena, Yeonha and I saw was a broken Woori who felt empty. Yeonha quickly grabbed Woori and hugged her showering our friend with comforting words as Sena quickly followed and joined the hug. I hopped onto the group hug train after Sena and the three of us could hear Woori breaking down into more tears.
 
We were all hugging Woori since we have nothing more to say. We didn't want to bad mouth Sooyoon, though I still have the urge to do so; but knowing Woori it'd just make her upset even more. We felt Woori moving in our mini group hug, we broke the embrace to give her space (and some air).
 
"I'm sorry... I'm crying to much." She mumbled and brushed her tears away as she looked up at us. Her eyes were glossy red, cheeks stained with her tears and her eyes being puffy.
 
"Oh Woori... You're going to be okay, I know it! Cheer up." Yeonha said as she passed her another tissue.
 
Woori quickly blew her nose and dismissed herself to the bathroom. While she was in the bathroom Yeonha was spouting out how much she wants to sock Sooyoon for this, though Sena intervened her thought by saying, "Violence isn't the answer to everything. For now, we just have to make sure that Woori is okay."
 
Woori entered the living room, looking a bit better; a washed faced and she looked like she was done crying.
 
"I'm hungry." Woori voiced out as she was walking back to the couch, and I was already opening a bag of chips for her.
 
"Thanks." Woori said as she popped a chip into and she started to explore the bags' content.
 
"Wow, you guys only brought junk food."
 
"Junk food is the best food." Yeonha said as she started to open drinks for us.
 
"If you don't want junk food we can order food later?" Sena asked as she the TV, giving the remote to Woori.
 
"That's a good idea," Woori said as she took the remote, "Now, what do you guys want to watch?"
 
"Hmm... I don't really care." Yeonha said, "I just want food."
 
"Of course you would. Who's sleeping over tonight?" I asked as I took a sip of my soda.
 
"Everyone but me, I have to go in early tomorrow." Yeonha said as she sighed with irritation.
 
"I can't believe that we're still doing sleepovers at this age." Sena said with a monotone voice, I couldn't tell if she didn't mind or if she was embarrassed.
 
"Hey, hey, don't shame the beauty of sleepovers!" I said proudly getting ready to explain how sleepovers are great.
 
Woori only laughed lightly and agreed.
 
"Guys, I don't mean to kill the mood. But... About Sooyoon, what are you going to do, Woori? You're going to have to see a lawyer you know that? Do you want me to be your lawyer?" Yeonha snapped us back to reality and looked guility for asking that question.
 
Woori was taken aback from the sudden topic back to Sooyoon, but I agreed that Woori needs to think of a plan.
 
"As much as I would love you to be my lawyer I don't think that would be a good choice because you're a relative of mine. I need someone that doesn't know me or Sooyoon so I'll probably meet up with them this week. But... Thank you guys for being here. It really warms me up, you know?"
 
"Oh honey, we're always here for you no matter what. Even if we're busy." I said and gave her a small hug.
 
"Of course we're here for you! Even if you just want to eat we're still here." Sena said with a smile on her face.
 
Yeonha only smiled and hugged her cousin since Woori seems to be handling this well.
 
"We're here if you still want to talk about it, you know?"
 
"Of course." She said, "Thank you guys again."
 
 
 
It's been two days since the day we cheered up Woori. She rarely talks about what happened unless she needed advice. I don't really mind since it she's handling this well, right? She tried talking to Sooyoon and he's still stuck on the damn divorce. Bummer, but Woori mentioned that it's not like she can change Sooyoon's mind since 'it seemed like he was thinking about a divorce for a long time.'
 
I'm currently sketching out my storyline for my next chapter for my Webtoon comic. After the latest events I'm not sure if I want to go for an angsty feel, I probably shouldn't. It's going to make me upset, but it'll make the readers upset. And I like that type of reaction... Hm... Decisions decisions.
 
My phone interrupted my thought process from the texts that Woori sent to the group chat.
3 SLEEPOVER 
ahn woohoori
guys!! i'm on my way to meet my lawyer
 
i have a consultation w the lawyer that's supposed to help me take care of the divorce fiasco that i have with that jerk lol
 
i can't say much since i'm only walking to the building of the company, but i just hope things will go nice and well. very smooth. hopefully not everything will be complicated hahaha
 
wish me luck guys. i hope my lawyer is like really chill and they will give me some great advice with this divorce aihfgifhadg and i hope i can end this with a happy ending or something
I smiled with the texts that Woori sent to the group chat and I said good luck to her.

"Of course, if you see someone hot there make sure to take a photo... I need character material for my Webtoon." I voiced out while I typed this text to the group chat.
 
I sighed, "Happy ending, huh..."
 
I'm sure that everyone will get a happy ending, everyone but me maybe.