Chapter 5

Hey hello, do you remember the memories we made in that summer?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunggyu threw himself to the ground, a few meters away from the lake, staring at the sky, trying to calm down his racing heart. He took a deep breath before closing his eyes.

What is it with Woohyun? Why did a guy make my body react like this? I’m a straight male! 100% straight… right? Or not? Wait… am I attracted to Woohyun? He is a very good-looking boy… Okay, this, he’s perfect, everything about him, from the black hair, over the beautifully shaped, brown eyes and straight nose to his plump lips. And let’s not talk about his ing god-made body…. OH MY GOD, SUNGGYU, STOP! That’s not helping. I need to calm myself down not make myself more excited!

His thoughts were interrupted when he noticed a shadow looming over him. Sunggyu opened his eyes to see Baby Soul stand over him, a smirk on her face. “What,” the older said, staring at her.

“Sunggyu-oppa has a crush,” she sang as she sat down next to Sunggyu, now grinning.

He just rolled his eyes before closing them again. “Yeah, right. I don’t even like guys, give me a break.”

Baby Soul smiled. “I didn’t even tell you whom I was talking about. I’m glad that we both realize that you’re not as straight as you think you are. And let’s not talk about how obvious Woohyun-oppa’s crush on you is.”

Sunggyu snorted. “Sure, because a guy like Woohyun would be gay. Or… bi or whatever. Please. Look at him. He can have any girl he wants, he’s not gay.”

“Yeah, because that’s how it work.” Baby Soul said, a condescending tone coloring her voice. “You can look good and still be gay. Believe me. I know my way around these people.”

The male raised an eyebrow. “Why, what do you mean? You’re 13, how much experiences with gays could you possibly have had?”

At that, she just shrugged. “Not important. But honestly, oppa. uality is something fluid. Sometimes your heart makes exceptions and maybe Nam Woohyun is the exception your heart chose.”

Sunggyu sighed. You know, sometimes he really hated Baby Soul. She was way too young to be this smart and understanding and considerate. “Okay, let’s pretend that I do feel… something for Woohyun… what do you think I should do? I mean, I have never been with a boy or anything… And for all we know, he might not even look at me that way. Hell, he might not even be gay!”

The petite person next to him rolled her eyes. “Kim Sunggyu. Believe me when I tell you that he is and he does have some… kind of feelings for you. When Mijoo hugged you just now… you know why he came over immediately, hanging onto you like some kind of slug?” Sunggyu just stared at her dumbly and Baby Soul groaned. “Jealousy, oppa! He was jealous!”

“Why would he be jealous of an eleven year old? She’s a child, does he really think I would—“

“Jealousy is not known for making the person feeling it act rationally. It’s just… just that. Jealousy. He probably didn’t even really think in that second. He just knows you’re a man- so when he saw a girl clinging onto you, his brain just short-circuited.”

“I’m not a man-!”

Baby Soul gave him the ‘are-you-kidding-me’ look before she shook her head. “Come on, oppa, no one is stupid enough to believe you that. But as I said, realize that you have feelings for Woohyun-oppa and confess to him and be happy for once in your damn, miserable life!”

Sunggyu stared at her, mouth agape, eyes large, not believing his own ears. He had never heard Baby Soul talk l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter