Chapter 1

Hey hello, do you remember the memories we made in that summer?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Summer camp. Two words that Sunggyu hated when he started, but now got used to.

The first few years were horrible, he was forced to stay in a small bungalow with 8 other boys until he met Dongwoo, Hoya and Sungyeol, who let him stay at theirs. The four became good friends and even though there was still room for 3 more people in their tiny house, they’ve been lucky, the past 2 years. Now though... 

“Cabin 8?”

Sunggyu’s head popped up. Even though he was the newest addition to the cabin, his age made him the ‘leader’. And he acted like that too. Standing up, he asked: “Yes, sir?”

The fairly young man looked him up and down. “Are you guys ready to finally be a real team?”

Sunggyu didn’t understand. The four of them were always a team, they got along great... 

“Cabin 8. Kim Sunggyu.”

Sunggyu nodded, standing at the point where the line would begin.

“Jang Dongwoo.”

Dongwoo stood up to stand beside his friend. 

They waited for the man to call Hoya, but suddenly... 

“Nam Woohyun.”

Immediately, Sunggyu’s and Dongwoo’s eyes found each other’s. “Woohyun?” Sunggyu heard Dongwoo whisper until a figure pushed itself through the crowd.

And, , did he look good. 

Now, Sunggyu never thought of himself as... you know, gay. But whenever someone who looked like that Woohyun guy came near him, he needed to take an extra amount of breaths. 

The new guy came to stand beside Dongwoo. His smile was bright and sincere and Sunggyu felt the need to shield his eyes from the way he just... shined. 

“Lee Howon.”

Hoya nodded as he got up to stand beside Woohyun. He looked at him for a while until the new guy noticed and turned towards him. Another honest smile came from him and Sunggyu groaned audibly. It would be difficult to be around this guy. He just knew it. 

“Lee Sungyeol.”

Sungyeol got up as well, standing next to Hoya, keeping his hands behind his back. 

“Kim Myungsoo.”

Another new guy?! Sunggyu raised an eyebrow as he looked around.

The guy who came through was obviously a model. Not quite Sunggyu’s type, but handsome nonetheless.

He stood next to Sungyeol, his face almost emotionless. 

“And Lee Sungjong.”

“Are you serious right now?” Sunggyu asked before thinking. The guy who started moving suddenly stopped dead in his tracks. “You just filled our cabin. Are you telling me I’ll have to share my room now? I’m the leader, I...”

The camp leader raised an eyebrow at him. “Sunggyu. There is a single room in your cabin and you know that. You will welcome all your new teammates like a good leader does. You will care for them like you did with the other three. Do we understand each other?”

Sunggyu wanted to rebel, but he knew it would get him nothing. “Fine. Sungjong! Get your over here, we’ll have to decide on rooms!”

The obviously youngest, Sungjong, practically ran to stand by Kim Myungsoos side, who seemed to smile a little now. 

“Cabin 8,” the camp leader said. “Dismissed.”

 

“I will take the single room, because I’m the oldest and the leader.” The seven of them sat on the ground looking at each other. “We can go with age from here...”

“Or!” Woohyun leaned forward, a giant grin on his face. “We play Rock, Paper, Scissors.” 

Everyone shrugged and apparently that was enough for Woohyun. He threw his fist in the air and once everyone, besides Sunggyu, joined, the game started. 

Dongwoo and Hoya ended up together. They didn’t mind that at all, though. 

Myungsoo got with Sungjong which meant Sungyeol got Woohyun. 

“Okay, nice. Dongwoo and Hoya take the first room on the left on the second floor. Sungyeol and Woohyun take the second room on the right and Myungsoo and Sungjong take the one at the far end. I'll stay on the first floor in the single room.” He pointed down the hall where his room was before turning back to the others. “If there is anything you need, you can always come to me; I’m the leader after all.” His eyes wandered over everyone, but especially Myungsoo, Sungjong and Woohyun. The leader’s eyes stopped on the latter’s and for a few seconds they just looked at each other before Woohyun shot him a brilliant grin. “You got it, leader-nim.”

Sunggyu knew he was gonna have a hard time with that rascal. 

 

Once everyone was done with making their room their new home for 8 weeks, the group decided to meet up and sit at the lake, get used to each other. 

“Alright, I’ll start. My name is Kim Sunggyu, I’m 17 years old, born on the 28th of April, a Taurus and born in the year of the snake.”

Dongwoo grinned. “That’s why his eyes are so small.” Everyone started laughing, so Sunggyu punched him in the arm. “He also has the character of a snake.”

Sunggyu rolled his eyes before shoving him again. “Shut up, it’s your turn.” 

“Right. I’m Jang Dongwoo, birthday is November 22nd, 15 years old and a Scorpio. Ah, yeah, I was born in the year of the horse. I’m also an amazing rapper.”

Sunggyu, Hoya and Sungyeol all shook their heads immediately. “He isn’t that great,” Sunggyu said, rolling his eyes. He looked at Woohyun then.

“Woohyun. Your turn.”

The new guy nodded before sitting up. “Hey, I’m Nam Woohyun. This is my first time at any camp, so... don’t be too cross with me. I’m also 15 years old, born on the 8th February and therefore I’m an Aquarius. I guess I’d be a sheep, though I feel like it doesn't really fit me... My passions are soccer and singing.”

Dongwoo’s eyes lit up immediately. “Let’s start a band!”

Sunggyu shoved his friend away as he motioned towards Hoya. “Howon, please.”

“Of course, old man.” He earned a glare from Sunggyu, but he obviously didn’t care about that. “My name is Lee Howon, but I usually go by Hoya. I’m 15, too, born on the 28th of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter