Fate

Jaesica one shot.

 

Fate

 

“But why?”

Her lips shiver as she tries her hardest not to cry. Warm tears can be seen flowing down her cheek as she tries her hardest to keep her tone stable.

“I’m sorry Sica. But..” The voice paused. “We’ve gone too far, there’s no way of turning back now.”

“Jae.. what about Changmin? What about Yunho? What will happen after this?”

There’s a silent for a moment on the other side of the phone. The only thing she can hear is the sound of her breathing and her heart pounding so hard as if it’s going to burst any minutes now.

“Jae?”

.

.

“I don’t know Sica..”

She can hear clearly the change of his tone it was as if he’s trying to surpress his sadness and frustration.

She paused for a moment as she gathers up her courage to ask him the question that has been running in her mind ever since the first day she heard the news.

“What.. What about us? What will happen to us?”

She wanted some reassurance from him. Some words from him, any kind of words that would make her feel like things will not change between them, that everything will get better.

Even if he asked her to run away with him, she would, because deep down inside she knew that she can’t live another day without him.

 

 ****

 

He can hear her voice wavering with little sobs from the other side of the phone as he laid his head back on the pillow and stares at the ceiling.

He frowned as he hit his forehead thinking about what he should say to her. He knew that he can’t drag her into this mess. He knew that she will leave everything she had for him, but how can he ask her to run away with him? She has her 8 other sister, how can he break them apart. Deep down inside he knew that the only thing he can do is the only thing he wishes not to.

He shakes his head as he gathers up the strength to give her his reply.

“Sica..”

“Umm..”

“You know how much I love you right?”

“I know.” She said with a sad smile on her face as if she knew the next thing he’s going to say.


“I still do and forever will. Even if we didn’t have what we have today, you will forever have a special place in my heart. Forget about me and move on with your life. Live happily Sica.” I love you

Jessica can feel her heart breaks to pieces when she heard his last words before he cuts of the call. All she can hear now is the dial tone, and not the voice of the man she loved. She buries her face in her hand as she cried as hard as she could.

 

****

 

He put the phone down next to him with his eyes fixed on the ceiling. Somehow the memories they shared together kept replaying in his head like a broken DVD. Playing the same scene over and over again before it finally stops and an image of a beautiful woman with a fair skin and blonde hair showed up next. She was smiling happily as she playfully calls out his name. Before he knew it, tears start flowing down his cheek. He closed his eyes with his arm as he cried like how a heartbroken man would.

“Ugh! Damn it!” He hit his bed out of frustration.


“ Sica.. I’m sorry. I’m really sorry”

 

****

 

“Jessica shi? It’s your solo stage now.” Said the staff as he hand over a microphone to her.
 

She was lost in reverie when the staff's voice startled her and brings her back to reality.


“Ahh, yes.” Jessica  said as she took the microphone from him and breathes in heavily to get rid of her nervousness.

She steps on to the stage and walk towards the grand piano at the middle of the stage. Before she starts playing the piano, she glances over the crowd of people wearing pink that makes the whole place looks like a beautiful ocean chanting her name in unison.

She smiles at them sweetly as her fingers make their way to the piano and starts playing the song “Almost.”



“Jae, fate works in a much unexpected way, they let us meet, break us apart and someday, somehow, I believe they will bring us back together.”

 

“I miss the times that we almost shared

I miss the love that was almost there
I miss the times that we used to kiss
At least in my dreams just let me take my time and reminisce

I miss the times that we never had
What happen to us, we were almost there
Whoever said it’s impossible to miss
What you never had, never almost had you”


 

Just my two cents

This story based on something that have lingered in my mind ever since I saw her solo stage. Well, the song could mean something but also could mean nothing. But there must've been a reason why she chose this song as her solo stage right? ^^