Sixty days

Jaesica one shot.

Sixty days ago, he saw her sleeping at the school's rooftop. It was his private space and she was an invader. He was annoyed but somehow fascinated by her. Her milky white skin, blonde hair and pinkish lips. She looks like a sleeping doll. Seeing her sleeping soundly, he decides not to disturb her and walks away quietly.

 

Fifty days ago, he saw her again. This time, in her class. He was going to the teacher's room when he saw her sitting under the aircond. Smilling. It was cold that day, wasnt she cold?

 

Fourty days ago, they met again. She was hugging a few books and she seemed like in a hurry. She didnt notice he was walking through the corridor and they bumped into each other. She drops all her books on the floor. He helped her picked it up, she took it from his hands without saying a word and left. Was she angry?

 

Thirty days ago, he saw her walking outside his class. She was staring at the floor. With runny nose and red eyes. She must've catched a cold. But, she was.. smilling?

 

Twenty days ago, he was eating at the cafeteria with his friends. She was sitting a few tables away from him. He can see her clearly from his seat. She was holding a slice of cucumber. Apparently, she took it out of her sandwich. With a disgusted look, she threw the cucumber on the table. He furrows his brows as he watch her. What's wrong with the cucumber?

 

Ten days ago, he went to the library to borrow some books for his homework. He was roaming around the library for awhile before he found the one he was looking for. He pulled the book out from the rack and saw a familiar blonde sitting across him. She didnt notice him, she was too focused with her books. Or so he thought. His eyes were drawn to her. He stares at her for a while until he saw her head bobbing back and forth. She was falling asleep. In a few seconds, her forehead hits the desk. She immediately sat straight and rubs her hurting forehead. Her face blushing uncontrollably. He close his mouth with his hand, walking away from the scene, trying his hardest to supress his laugh. 

 

Nine days ago, he saw her walking outside his class again. She was smilling again, like usual. His eyes followed her and suddenly, their eyes met. She turned away as fast as she cant but not before he saw the red tint on her cheek.

 

Eight days ago, he changed his position. This time, facing the hallway, with his friend sitting in front of him. It's a perfect cover up, he can look at her without her realizing it. In, three, two, one, she appeared. He was talking but his eyes were looking at her. She was walking but her eyes were fixed at him. This time, he can see that smile clearly.

 

Seven days ago, he was sick. He didnt come to school. Lying on his bed. He kept thinking. Did she walked pass his class again this morning?

 

Five days ago, he's still feeling unwell. He took another day off from school. All this while he was at home, he cant help but to think about her. Did she falls asleep in the library again? Did she throw the cucumbers again? Did she walk pass his class again?

 

Four days ago, he stayed at the same position. Waiting for her to walk pass his class. And there she was. She was walking in the hallway but she wasnt smilling and she's not looking inside the class. He was dissappointed but just then, she turned her head to her left and looked at him. Their eyes met, she looked away but he saw that blush. A smile form on his face.

 

Three days ago, he decide to atleast say hi to her. Just right in time when she arrived, he walked out of the class room. She saw him, she looked at the floor and walks away. He didnt even have a chance to say anything. He sighed and walks back in.

 

Two days ago, He was walking home, he saw her at the other side of the road. They were walking at the same pace but she didnt notice him. He was staring at her. With her hair untied, it was flowing in the breeze. The moment she tuck the wild strands of hair behind her ears, he can feel his heart skipped a beat.

 

Yesterday, she walks pass his class again with her hair tied up in a bun with loose strands. Without realizing, he have this sheepish smile on his face. He was teased by his friends. Now they know he has fallen for her.


Today, all of his friends was waiting for her to walk pass their class. And when she did, they endlessly. They told him to chase her and say something. So he did. He walked out of the class and saw her. She was humming a song, and she looks so happy. He can feel his heart beating crazily and he cant mutter another word. So he went back in.

That afternoon, he saw her walking pass his class again. After a few minutes of contemplating, he decided to chase after her and talk to her. He bid his friends goodbye and walk out of the school compound. But he was too late. She was nowhere to be found and the rain starts pouring heavily. Feeling rather dissappointed, he ran towards the nearest bus stop for cover. He saw someone standing there next to him.

 

It was her.

 

He keep a straight face and wipe the water off his body as he thinks about what to say. He flips his hair to the back and he saw her flinch. He turned to look at her just to see her staring straight at the floor.

 

Say something. Just anything.

 


"The rain doesnt seems like it's going to stop anytime soon."

 

He feels like hitting his head when he realized what he just said. He was just trying to stike up a conversation but he failed. And so, he tried again.

 

"You're from the class next to me right? My name is Kim Jaejoong."

 

He stared straight at her, waiting for her reply and then their eyes met. She gave him a slight bow.

 

"J-Jung Soo Yeon."

 

His heart skipped a beat when he heard her reply. Her voice, that name. He smiled. He didnt want to make things more awkward with his words, so, he didnt say another thing for the whole 10 minutes they stayed there.

 

The rain stopped. He contemplated for a while but then decided to just leave.

 

"I'm going now. Goodbye then Jung Sooyeon."

 

Walking away, he decided to talk to her again tomorrow. But still, he wanted to hear her voice again. He walked a few steps but still he havent heard a reply. He sighed.

 

Just then,

 

"G-Goodbye Kim Jaejoong."

 

He felt like an arrow just struck on his heart. He was dead on his track. He decides, it's now or never. He turns around, with the wide smile plastered on his face.

 

"Do you want to walk with me?"