The coffee house.

Jaesica one shot.

 

She have had a hard day today at the office, being scolded by the boss in front of your co-workers in the meeting room is not actually the start of the day that she had in mind. On impulse, she went out of the office with only her wallet and cell phone just to calm her annoyed mind. As she walks around the busy city, she stumbled upon cute café.

The café was situated at a small quiet alley which is a contrast of the constantly busy city. Somehow she was attracted to walk into the café. As if something was calling for her. She’s still dumbfounded to realize after 5 years working at that company, never once did she realize this café ever existed.

She walks into the café just to find herself mesmerized with the layout of the café. The simple yet elegant design is so much to her liking, wood flooring, the white woody furniture, a black ceiling and small chandeliers hanging at some places in the café all looked so perfectly placed. She then walks toward an empty seat near the window. Not long after, a waiter came to her.


“Welcome to Jae’s café miss, here’s your coffee.” He said as he placed a cup of freshly made coffee on her table. Jessica who was a bit shocked to see the coffee since she never actually ordered anything yet. In a matter of fact, she just came into the shop. “But I didn’t even ordered anything yet, I think you mistaken me with some other customer.” She said to the waiter.

“Ah,” He chuckles as he explained to her. “Actually, I am the owner of this café. And when you walks in, I saw your expression and it somehow triggers me to make a coffee out of your expression”.


“Really? That’s a weird but at the same time interesting way to make a coffee.”

“I guess that’s a compliment then?” He said with a smile on his face.

“I guess you can say so.”  Jessica replies as she took a sip of the coffee. She can smell the smell of hazelnut, a faint taste of cinnamon and the sweetness of honey from her coffee.  Somehow the coffee just mixed with her emotions perfectly, it actually calms down her disturbed mind over what happened earlier. “Thank you for this coffee, it’s perfect.” She said with a sweet smile plastered on her face.

The owner smiled back at her with a satisfied look. “So, what would you like for dessert? I bet you’re not just going to have coffee only right?” He said with while flashing his white pearls at her.

“Umm, I’m new with this café. So what do you recommend for me?”


“Then, that’s it. I’ve got the perfect dessert for you.” He said as he hurriedly went to the kitchen.

From her table she can clearly see what’s happening at the counter. She saw the man making something but not clear enough to see what he was making.

“Here’s your dessert.” He said as he placed a cup on her table and sits across her.

“Is this a cake?” Jessica asks while looking at the cup enthusiastically.

He chuckles over Jessica’s cute expression. “Well, technically it is a cake but it is also not a cake. Haha. I don’t even know what it is. I’ve just created it yesterday and somehow I feel like you’ll like the taste of it.” He said with a serious face.

Jessica saw his expression and suddenly burst out laughing. “Do you have to make that face? Hahaha. Okay, okay. I’ll eat it.” She then scooped out a spoonful of the cake and took a taste of it. It was made up of 3 layers, the bottom layer is a layer of vanilla sponge cake, the second layer was a mix of jelly and strawberries while the upper part was whipped cream.

“Wow, this is actually delicious.” She said looking at the owner with sparks in her eyes as if she just found treasure.

“Haha, I’m glad that you liked it. By the way, congratulations on being the first ever customer to taste it.” He said with a grin on his face.

“So I’m a tester then? Haha. I’m honored. What’s the name of this dessert?”

 
“Well, I haven’t thought of one yet. Since you’re the first one to taste it, why don’t you name it?

“Really?? I would love to!” Jessica replied to the owner with a smile plastered on her face. “Then, why don’t you name it snowflakes? Since the top is made of whipped cream which looks a lot like snows and when you eat it, it actually melts in your mouth. Just like a snow.”

“Wow, that actually makes sense. Then that’s it. Snowflakes it is. Thank you umm, miss?”

“It’s Jessica, just call me Sica.”

“Thank you Sica. I’m Jaejoong.” He extended his hands towards her for a handshake. Once their hand grabbed each other, both of them suddenly felt a tickles in their hearts as if indicating a special bond is forming between both of them.

“It’s nice knowing you Jaejoong.” She said. Smilling ear to ear looking at the man in front of her.