Phonecall

Jaesica one shot.

Phonecall.

 

It was late at night, she was strolling at the river bank, just wasting her time alone, admiring the night view of Han River. It was the perfect day for her. A perfect birthday she could ever wish for. But something felt off, something felt incomplete. Rather than feeling happy, she feels.. gloomy.

 

She walks around for a few minutes before she sat on the grass near a hawker stall. She sighed once and glances at her phone. It’s already 2.30 a.m. It’s late, it’s boring, there’s nothing to do here, but she didnt feel like going home yet. She likes the quietness; she likes how the night describes how she feels right now, empty.

 

Half an hour passed just like that, as she was about to get up and leave, her phone rings. She looks at her phone; it was from an unknown number. “Who could be calling me this late at night?” She thought to herself before she answers the phone.

 

“Hello?” She said. But there was no answer; all she can hear was rumbling sounds from the other side.

 

“Sic-Sicaa.. Hiks.” A voice suddenly surfaces.

 

That voice.

 

“Sica-yahh. Happy Birthday. Hiks.”

 

She didn’t reply. She was shocked. Why would he be calling her? After being 2 years of not a single phone call or text message from him, why now?

 

“Sicaaa.. Hiks. Why didn’t you hiks say anything?

 

He was drunk. She knew. She can hear it from his voice. But still, she kept quiet.

 

“Sica,  Are you hiks. happy hiks. with you life?”

 

“I hope you are. Hiks. Arent you going to ask me how I was? Hiks. Well, hiks. I was fine too. Hiks. JYJ is fine too. We went around the world last time you know. Hiks. Concerts eeeeeeeeverywhere gehehehe. Junsu and Yoochun are fine too. Hiks. Hehehehe.”

 

I’m happy for you.

 

“Everything was awesome. Hiks. My life couldn’t be better. Hiks. Hehehehe. I heard So Nyuh Shi Dae is doing well too these days huh? Hiks. Good for you guys, my cutie dongsaengs made it. Hiks. I guess, we all got what we wanted huh?. Hee…”

 

Somehow hearing those words from his mouth made her feels glad but also sad at the same time. She’s glad that everything is going well for Jaejoong but sad that, he’s doing well even when she’s not there with him.

 

“I went to a date earlier tonight you know. Hiks. My date was beautiful. She was nice too. Hiks. You know, she’s a lawyer. Hehehe. It was a blind date set up by YooChun. Good choice huh? Hehe hiks.

 

She felt like a knife was struck straight into her heart. Bastard, stop telling how great your life is without me in it damn it.

 

“It was a great date. She was a great person..”

 

She decides that she’s heard enough. As she was about to hang up the phone, Jaejoong started mumbling something.

 

“But then, I remembered you.”

 

His voice suddenly changes to a more serious tone.

 

“I remembered the first time we met at SM academy. You had that straight long hair. You always have that hair band on your head. Hehe.”

 

Why?

 

“I remember the time we sneak out from practice just to eat ice cream at the nearby shop.”

 

B-but.

 

“I remember the first time you started calling me oppa. With that sheepish smile on your face, you would be calling me oppa again and again just to see me blush.”

 

I remember that too.

 

“I remember that time when I ate cucumbers infront of you, you ran away from me and stopped talking to me for a few days. Keke. You hated cucumbers so much Sica.”

 

I still do.

 

“And then, I remember the time when you cried in my arms because of those hurtful words from my fans. Remember? We broke up for the first time that day.”

 

She can feel her heart skipped a beat.

 

“We haven’t talk to each other for a while right Sica? What happened to us?”

 

I don’t know.

 

“Sica. I miss you.”

 

A drop of tear falls down her face, and another one, and another until her vision started getting blurry. She’s waited for him to say those three words for 2 whole years now.

 

“I miss you so much. I’m sorry. For everything Sica. For being a stupid jerk. I’m sorry. I tried to be the man. I tried to let you go and forget about you so that you can move on. But I cant even move on myself. And tonight I broke my own promise and call you because I cant contain all these feelings anymore. I miss you Sica. I miss you too much.”

 

His voice starts to waver.

 

“Sica.. You know I cant forget. I’m sorry. Well, sorry for ruining your night. Happy birthday. Good-“

 

“Stop saying you’re sorry you ing bastard!” Jessica suddenly screamed into the phone.

 

“W-what?”

 

“Yes, you are a jerk. You left me without saying anything, you stopped calling me, you stopped texting me, you stopped picking up my calls and most of all you changed your ing number you jerk!”

 

“S-sica?”

 

“YES! YOU SHOULD BE APOLOGIZING. YOU SHOULD KNOW HOW HURT I WAS. YOU SHOULD KNOW HOW MUCH OF A DOUCHE YOU’VE BEEN TO ME. YOU ARE ING GUILTY YOU FOOL! YOU’VE BEEN QUIET FOR TWO YEARS DAMN IT. TWO DAMN YEARS! AND NOW YOU THINK CALLING ME WHEN YOU’RE DRUNK AND STARTS TALKING ABOUT THE PAST CAN FIX EVERYTHING?!”

 

“Im sorry.”

 

“I SAID STOP SAYING SORRY TO ME DAMN IT! I DON’T NEED TO HEAR THAT. I DON’T WANT TO HEAR THAT!”

 

Tears fall endlessly from her face, she bit her lower lips trying to control her voice from wavering but she failed.

 

“Si-“

 

“I loved you Jaejoong. I loved you. And I still do.”

 

She can’t control her feelings anymore and starts to cry her heart out.

 

“And I missed you so much.”

 

Jaejoong was taken aback from Jessica’s words. They’ve been missing each other so much but both are too much of an egoist to admit it.

 

“I miss you too Sica. I really do.”

 

“Kim Jaejoong, you pabo.”

 

They spent the whole night talking until the sun rises. Yes, she spent the whole night at the river bank just talking to him, catching up with each other’s life.

 

It was the perfect birthday for her indeed.

 


Sorry if it was kinda lame. Lol. I wrote this after I heard the song "No Gain" that Jae wrote for Junsu's solo album and his new OST for Dr.Jin's drama. It was sad and kinda reminds me of Jaesica. So, here you go ^^