009

Trying
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you excited?" Lisa grinned mischievously at Jennie as the four girls sat on the bus headed for downtown.

Jennie shrugged casually, brushing off her friend's light tease, "I've never been to a festival like this before, so sure."

"You know that's not what she meant," Rosé smirked playfully as Jennie gave her friend a look.

"I mean, why else would I be excited? If anything, you guys should be excited too," said Jennie.

"What do you mean?" Jisoo looked at her friend curiously. Jennie scoffed.

"You don't think I haven't noticed how you all look at the other guys during lunch? And if I recall correctly, Jisoo, Yuta has been walking you to class in the mornings a lot lately," Jennie smirked. Jisoo's cheeks tinted a soft pink.

"Hey, this is about you and Taeyong," Jisoo playfully snapped.

"Yeah, plus we're surprised you notice anything other than Taeyong nowadays.

The girls giggled as Jennie crossed her arms across her chest, frowning at her failed attempt at changing the subject.

"Don't look so down, we're about to see Taeyong!" Lisa giggled girlishly. The other girls laughed with her as Jennie rolled her eyes, attempting to suppress the smile that was forcing its way onto her face. After all, Lisa wasn't wrong; Jennie was honestly looking forward to seeing Taeyong dance. However, she could never tell the girls that; they'd use it as leverage to even more.

The rest of the ride was full of light conversation and jokes. When they arrived at the large plaza downtown, the four girls stepped off the bus and were immediately greeted by crowds of people, stands of street food, and little booths of merchandise and trinkets. The whole plaza was filled with life and music and Jennie was in awe. She'd never come to anything like this but was glad she did. There was a stage in the center of the plaza with a group already performing.

"What time did you say Taeyong goes on?" asked Jisoo as she looked at her phone screen to check the time.

"At one," said Jennie.

"Oh, then we're right on time! If the dancers are on schedule, then they should be going next," said Jisoo. The girls made their way to the front of the stage, pushing through the crowds of people in order to get a better view of the boys. The group performing finished as the girls reached the front of the stage and Jennie could feel the excitement and anticipation building. This would be the first time she'd see Taeyong perform as well as his friends, at least in front of people.

"It'll be weird seeing the guys not in their athletic and school uniforms," said Rosé. The other girls nodded in agreement as a man jogged up onto the now vacant stage, holding a mic and a cue card in his hands. The girls watched him in anticipation as he spoke a few words of enthusiasm to get the crowd hyped up for the next group. It was hard to hear him over the crowd noise, but everyone knew when to clap once he jogged off the stage and the boys all came up onto the stage.

"There they are!" Lisa exclaimed with excitement. The girls began to cheer and clap with the rest of the crowd, waiting in eager anticipation to see what the boys had in store.

The boys were wearing coordinated black and white outfits, each one in their own individual styles yet managed to all look like a team.

"They look so focused," said Rosé as the boys got into position. The other girls nodded in agreement as the music began to play.

The music was powerful and their dance looked extremely complicated (A/N: refer to the SR15B dance practice), the boys all looking focused and charismatic. Jennie found herself focusing on one boy in particular; the boy who she usually saw with nothing but a smile on his face, his eyes that had always been forming crescents had turned into a powerful dancing machine, his eyes hard as he focused ahead. The way his body moved was so fluid, almost hypnotizing as Jennie couldn't get herself to look away. The song ended but very shortly jumped right back into another song, the boys not even stopping to catch their breaths as they continued to dance once again (A/N: refer to BASSBOT by SR15B as well). The second dance didn't seem as aggressive as the first one, yet looked just as complicated.

"They're really good," said Jisoo, her vo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter