011

Trying
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyong watched Jennie as she spoke animatedly about something he wasn't too sure about as they made their way to school; rather than actually listening to her, he was more focused on the eyelash that had fallen onto her cheek. Without even thinking, he raised a finger up in an attempt to lightly brush the pesky lash away.

"What are you doing?" Jennie asked, clearly flustered as she leaned away, shoving his hand away from her face. The previous topic of the one-sided conversation was soon forgotten.

"You have an eyelash here," he said, pointing to the same location on his own face. She eyed him skeptically before using her hand to swipe at her cheek yet failed to get rid of the fallen eyelash. "Just let me get it."

Jennie sighed and let him lift his hand back up to her face, allowing him to gently flick the annoying lash off her face.

"Thanks," she mumbled, still flustered and red in the face.

Taeyong simply smiled, turning his attention to the sidewalk as they walked with the other students headed for school.

"I forgot what I was saying," said Jennie, "But I don't think you were listening anyways."

"What? Sorry, were you saying something?" Taeyong teased with a grin on his face. Jennie scoffed as she playfully nudged him with her shoulder.

"Don't be rude," she said, "Speaking of rude, are you going to tell me what you were talking about on Saturday?"

Taeyong shook his head, "I told you, you'll find out soon enough."

"Yeah, so why not just tell me now?" Jennie crossed her arms across her chest with her lips forming the slightest pout. Taeyong smiled, unable to resist the thought that Jennie was undeniably cute whether she meant to be or not.

"Because once we get to school, you'll know."

"I don't like this game of yours, Lee Taeyong," Jennie frowned. Taeyong could only smile as she attempted to ignore him for the short rest of the way to school.

Upon reaching their destination, the two headed off to their respective friends as per usual. Taeyong greeted his friends as he sat himself down next to Yuta while Jennie made her way over to the girls.

"Does she know?" Yuta asked Taeyong, looking at the girls. Taeyong followed his gaze to see Jisoo and Lisa greet Jennie happily.

He shook his head, "Not a clue. She asked me plenty of times, but I doubt she has any idea."

"Looks like she doesn't have to wait any longer."

Taeyong followed Yuta's gaze to the gates where Jaehyun and Chaeyoung walked in hand in hand, looking happy as ever. Taeyong looked over to Jennie and saw her jaw drop, nudging Jisoo and Lisa next to her to turn their attention to the new couple.

"Oh my God," Lisa's voice could be heard across the courtyard.

Taeyong tried to stifle the laugh that came with Jennie's facial expression. Like he had thought before, she was cute especially when she didn't mean to be.

---

"I can't believe you didn't tell me. I can't believe she didn't tell me. I can't believe I didn't notice sooner."

Taeyong chuckled as he adjusted both his and Jennie's bags on his shoulders, "It's okay. Jaehyun only told us because he's a bad liar and we knew right away."

"Yeah, well I'm apparently as dense as a rock then."

"Don't be too hard on yourself, Jen. It happens to the best of us sometimes," said Taeyong. "Come on, you've had two days already to process this. Are you still not over it?"

"No and I won't be for a couple more days."

Jennie continued to grumble under her breath as the two continued to make their way to the dance studio. Taeyong checked the time on his phone and knew he was going to get it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter