005

Trying
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey! Back off!"

Jennie's eyes widened upon hearing another voice. Relief washed over her when she processed the voice and could see Taeyong walking up from behind the stranger under the dim street lights. He looked angry, an emotion Jennie had yet to be exposed to firsthand. In fact, she was so used to him being so happy and cheerful around her for the most part, that she momentarily forgot he was capable of other human emotions. Thinking back on it now, he was essentially a puppy to her–an annoying, happy puppy.

"Move along, kid. This isn't your business," the man sneered as he kept his grip firm on Jennie's arm.

"Sorry," said Taeyong as he walked over so he was standing next to Jennie, facing the man. "But seeing how she's my fr- my schoolmate, it kind of is."

Jennie wasn't dumb enough to not know that he almost called her his friend and she also wasn't heartless enough to not be bothered by this. However, she could only focus on the situation in front of her as Taeyong grabbed the man's wrist and roughly pried it off of Jennie, twisting it and causing the man to yelp in pain. Jennie gasped as she took a step back, instinctively hiding behind Taeyong as she rubbed her arm. She didn't want Taeyong to get hurt, as the man was drunk and unpredictable, especially not for her sake.

"Let me go!" The man angrily tried to free himself, but Taeyong only twisted his arm even more, causing the man to yell even louder in pain.

"We should leave," said Jennie as she tugged lightly on Taeyong's shirt sleeve. He turned his head slightly to glance at Jennie who was obviously shaken up, and felt his face soften a little.

The man, although drunk, was still able to keep his eyes fixed on Taeyong and saw that he had relaxed a little. Seeing an opportunity to escape, he took it by balling his free hand into a fist and waiting for the perfect moment to strike. When Taeyong turned back to look at the man, he sent his fist flying straight to the middle of Taeyong's face.

"Taeyong!" Jennie's eyes widened as Taeyong stumbled back, cupping his hand over his nose with one hand as the other let go of the man. Taeyong let out a low groan of pain, unable to shake off the subtle feeling of embarrassment.

"Next time, don't interfere!" yelled the man as he stumbled to get away, running in the opposite direction of them.

Taeyong straightened himself up, glaring in the direction the man ran.

"Are you okay?" Jennie looked at Taeyong, traces of concern all over her face.

"Yeah, I'm fine," said Taeyong as he lowered his hand. He looked and saw blood staining his hands and sighed.

"Your nose is bleeding," said Jennie.

"Thanks, Sherlock," Taeyong looked sarcastically at Jennie who scowled back at him, crossing her arms across her chest. He instantly felt a little regret for being sarcastic with her when she only meant well, but he couldn't take it back and it was pointless to apologize. He did just get punched in the face after all, so no one could blame him for being in a negative mood.

"Your lip is also busted."

Taeyong used a finger to touch his upper lip and felt the sting, wincing ever so slightly. Okay, so maybe he didn't know that. He used his hand to cover his nose and mouth, as the blood was starting to trail down his chin and he imagined Jennie wouldn't want to look at such a sight. Heck, even he didn't want to see it and was glad he couldn't. Jennie sighed, taking her backpack off and opening it, pulling out a soft pink handkerchief.

"Use this to help stop the flow until you get home,"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter