008

Trying
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Your eyes and hands have been glued to your phone every chance you've gotten today. Either something huge is going on or you're just smiling at cute animal pictures."

Jennie didn't seem to hear her, too busy typing up a reply on her phone. Chaeyeon sighed and peered over Jennie's shoulder to see what exactly-or rather who exactly-it was that was taking Jennie's undivided attention.

"Is it a boy?"

Jennie quickly pulled her phone close to her chest, hiding the screen from Chaeyeon's wandering eyes.

"Yes, but it's not what you're probably thinking," Jennie looked at Chaeyeon who grinned suggestively, "It's just this guy that lives next door to me that also goes to my school."

"Oh," Chaeyeon seemed to deflate a little, "Did your mail get swapped or something?"

Jennie laughed, "No, we're just having a casual conversation. Also, I haven't been on my phone every chance I've gotten. I'm talking to you right now, aren't I?"

"Well, yeah, but-"

Jennie's phone buzzed in her hands. Chaeyeon could see Jennie fighting herself to keep her eyes focused on her as opposed to the device.

"-as I was saying," Chaeyeon cleared , crossing her arms with a mischievous smirk, "You've been on your phone every time we've gotten these little breaks. What could your neighbor possibly have to say that's so important and requires all of  your attention?"

Jennie raised a brow at her friend who was smirking, as if she had Jennie trapped to tell the truth.

"I don't know what's going on in your mind right now, Jung Chaeyeon, but I know what you're implying and it's none of that."

"You're no fun," Chaeyeon pouted, crossing her arms.

Just as Jennie was about to look at her phone, the girls were called back from their brief water break to resume the lesson. Jennie sighed and put her phone down back into her bag, walking back to the center of the room with Chaeyeon.

When the lesson ended, Chaeyeon could see Jennie trying her best not to look so eager to check her phone. It was quite amusing to watch, as Jennie was more aware of Chaeyeon's gaze and would be more careful about her actions.

"Ready to go?" Jennie looked up at the other girl once she was done sending the message.

"Yeah, let's go," Chaeyeon nodded and walked with Jennie to the exit of the room.

As they walked down the hall, one of the practice room doors opened and a familiar looking boy stepped out.

"Oh, just the person I was looking for," he smiled at Jennie. Chaeyeon looked at her friend curiously, who just rolled her eyes at the boy.

Wow, he's really attractive, Chaeyoung thought to herself as she watched the two of them converse. She could see how relaxed Jennie's posture was, how naturally a smile graced her face as she talked and bantered with him.

"Chaeyeon," Jennie waved her hand in the girl's face, pulling her out of her thoughts. She hadn't even noticed that the two were staring at her, "This is Taeyong. Taeyong, Chaeyeon."

"Hi," Chaeyeon waved to the boy. He smiled and waved back.

"So listen," Taeyong turned to Jennie, "My friends and I are performing this Saturday at a festival downtown. Do you wanna come?"

"I don't know," Jennie looked hesitant.

"You can bring your friends. I know my friends definitely want them there," said Taeyong, "And I want you there."

Chaeyeon's brows quirked as she looked at her friend who seemed unfazed by his comment. Were they a thing? He said it so casually and she reacted as if he said things like that to her all the time.

He looked at Chaeyeon, "And you can come too, if you want. It's a free event. Our group performs at one in the afternoon."

"I'll ask them," said Jennie before turning to look at Chaeyeon, "Do you wanna go?"

Chaeyeon shrugged, "I don't know, we'll have to see."

"How lame," Jennie frowned, her shoulders deflating, "Well, let me know, okay?"

Chaeyeon nodded with a smile.

"Alright, well, we're leaving now," said Jennie as she looked at Taeyong.

"Alright, see you later, neighbor," Taeyong grinned cheekily as Chaeyeon connected the dots in her head while Jennie rolled her eyes with a soft scoff, "and it was nice meeting you, Chaeyeon."

Chaeyeon smiled and nodded, "It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter