007

Trying
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"See you guys tomorrow," Jennie waved to her friends as she got ready to join Taeyong who waited patiently for her by the school gates.

"Have fun on your ice cream date!" Jisoo said, giggling. Jennie rolled her eyes, but smiled anyways as the other girls also bid her goodbye before she turned around, walking over to Taeyong.

"It's about time. I thought you'd never leave them," Taeyong grinned boyishly as Jennie joined his side. She rolled her eyes again.

"Patience is a virtue," she mocked, sticking her tongue out at him.

Taeyong chuckled as they began walking, "Hey, I waited when I could've left. Plus, it would be rude of me to go get ice cream by myself."

"I wouldn't have been offended at all," said Jennie, shaking her head as they waited to cross the street amongst other students, "And we both know you wouldn't dare walk alone; you'd bore yourself to death."

"You know me so well," Taeyong continued to grin as they began to cross, "But don't forget that this is your treat to me."

"Oh no, I left my wallet at home!" Jennie gasped. She didn't actually leave her wallet at home, but she sure wish she did. He looked at her and shook his head, clicking his tongue.

"Who knew you were so bad at lying?" Taeyong began to laugh as Jennie's shoulders slumped.

"You sound like my mother," Jennie grumbled as she folded her arms across her chest. Taeyong continued to laugh as they continued to make their way to the ice cream parlor along their walk home. "You said I owed you, but I didn't ask you to save me, so why should I owe you?"

"Think of it as my prize for being a good citizen. Plus, I made the goal earlier!" Jennie was still unconvinced, "How about if you ever save me from a crazy person and score a goal of a scrimmage game, I will be more than happy to buy you ice cream," Taeyong smirked, nudging Jennie with his shoulder. She scoffed and gave him a look, doing her best to keep her lips from forming even the slightest smile yet failed miserably.

The two continued to engage in small banter scattered between conversations here and there until they stood in front of the ice cream parlor.

Jennie walked in, feeling the cool air conditioned breeze hit her face. Taeyong walked in behind her and joined her in the line of students from schools all over the area, all waiting to get their hands on the cold, sweet treats.

"What flavor are you getting?" Taeyong asked, looking at the variety of flavor options with wide eyes.

"Probably the milk flavor," said Jennie, not paying as much attention to the menu as she was paying attention to a small group of five girls sitting at a table by the window towards her left. She tried to hide her face with her hair as she faced Taeyong, "Have you decided?"

"No, I still have some time," said Taeyong, tapping his chin with his index finger thoughtfully, keeping his eyes glued to the menu. Jennie looked ahead of them impatiently and saw at least seven more students taking their time picking out flavors.

"Maybe we should go to another place, this place is so busy," Jennie tried not to look too suspicious, "Why not just go to a convenient store? Convenient store popsicles are just as good."

Taeyong tore his eyes away from the wide array of flavors and looked at Jennie, raising a brow at her.

"Is there something wrong?"

"No! I mean, uh, no," Jennie shook her head. She didn't mean to draw attention to herself; that was truly the last thing she wanted to do. However, she had yelled a little louder than she intended to and that probably wasn't the best decision she's made all day.

"Jennie Kim?"

Great, Jennie thought wryly to herself, inhaling deeply and exhaling slowly. Taeyong looked at Jennie with confusion before she turned around to face the source of the familiar voice, mustering up the best smile she could.

"Joy!"

"Oh my goodness, it is you! It's been so long!" Joy hugged Jennie who went rigid, clearly uncomfortable, "How have you been? How's the new school treating you? Cause any trouble yet?"

There was an underlying mocking and sarcastic tone in Joy's voice that Jennie knew all too well.

"School's been great, actually. No, sorry, no trouble for me. But how's your eye? It looks a lot better than when I left. Who knew someone could inflict so much pain on themselves with a single punch?" Jennie gave the girl a tight smile. Two could play her game.

Joy's smile faltered a bit, a sneer threatening to replace the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter