006

Trying
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Buzz buzz.

Jennie frowned softly when she felt her phone buzz in her pocket, indicating a text message as she did her best to focus on the lecture being taught in front of her, scribbling down notes as fast as she could.

Buzz buzz.

She never really received messages during class unless it was her mother who had something important to say or had a reminder for Jennie, whether it would be to pick something up on the way home or do something else. After a few moments of sitting with distracted curiosity, Jennie pulled out her phone and placed it on her thigh under the desk so she wouldn't get caught by the teacher.

From: Taeyong
Hey

From: Taeyong
Want to get some ice cream on the way home today? You owe me for last night

Jennie rolled her eyes and turned the screen off, sliding her phone into her bag so she wouldn't get distracted again. However, she could feel her phone buzz once more, vibrating in her bag that sat at the side of her desk and sighed. She leaned over and took out her phone, seeing Taeyong's name flash across the screen once more before holding the power button down, shutting her phone off. Sure, it was only three messages but she had other things to worry about rather than thinking about replying.

After the lecture ended, Jennie leaned back in her chair as break time began. She wanted to keep her phone off, but there was always the chance that something important happened and her mother would need to contact her. Using that as an excuse, Jennie pulled her phone back out and turned it on, waiting for it to start again as she set it down on the top of her desk. She glanced down at her phone that was now running, Taeyong's name still on the bright screen. Rosé glanced at the phone and looked at Jennie with a grin, who was quick to turn her screen off.

"Taeyong, hm?" Rosé smirked, giggling as Jennie sighed, feeling her cheeks heat up.

"Don't look at me like that," Jennie avoided eye contact with Rosé who kept giggling and even began wiggling her eyebrows. Jennie found herself laughing after trying so hard to keep a straight face, the two getting a couple looks here and there for being so loud so early in the day.

"I didn't know you guys exchanged numbers," Rosé said after their laughter died down a little, "And I thought you said you guys weren't friends."

Jennie pursed her lips. She wouldn't classify their relationship as friendship yet, but she felt like they were past the point of acquaintances. What was this even called?

"That's because we're not," Jennie decided and shook her head, glancing at her phone. She was itching to see what else he could've sent and Rosé could see it in Jennie's body language.

"Well? What did he say?" Rosé smirked as she nodded towards the phone.

From: Taeyong
It's hot today anyways. We'll die of heat exhaustion if we don't

Jennie rolled her eyes. How dramatic.

"What did he say?" Rosé looked at Jennie curiously.

"You're nosy," Jennie teased, picking up her phone to type a quick reply.

To: Taeyong
Get it yourself and stop texting me during class.

"He just wants to get some ice cream on the way home," Jennie shrugged.

"Like a date?"

"No, like two students getting ice cream on the way home from school on a hot day," Jennie said as-a-matter-of-factly. "And before you even think about teasing me, don't."

"It's all in good fun," Rosé giggled as Jennie shot her a playful glare, "Plus, part of it is because no one has ever seen Taeyong invest so much of his time into a girl."

Buzz buzz.

"For all we know, you could be the only other girl in his phone besides his mom," Rosé giggled as a teacher walked in, signaling the end of their break. Jennie put her phone on her thigh and frowned, distracted by Rosé's statement. There was no way in Jennie's mind that someone like Taeyong had little to no interactions with other girls.

From: Taeyong
I'll stop texting if you say yes

Jennie scoffed quietly as she simply turned her screen off. He could text her all he wanted, but she wasn't going to say yes anytime soon.

When lunch time rolled around, Rosé quickly filled Jisoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter