001

Trying
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie sighed as she stood at the entrance of the school. Students walked past her, not even batting an eyelash as they looked at her and carried on with their day. They didn't seem particularly nice, but who was Jennie to judge? She had to leave her last school because some girl tried to fight her and when Jennie tried to walk away, the girl hit herself and blamed it on Jennie. It was pretty pathetic, but Jennie didn't mind; she didn't like the school anyways.

Jennie made her way inside and ignored some of the blatant stares students were giving her. There was no doubt that some of them had heard of her reputation, seeing how the school she got kicked out of was actually only a couple blocks away.

So much for a fresh start, she bitterly thought to herself.

The rest of the morning was mostly routine for her: being assigned a homeroom teacher, getting to class, being assigned a seat next to a student she probably wasn't going to ever connect with, and just take notes until each break time where she would play on her phone.

"Hi, I'm Rosé."

Jennie looked over to the girl next to her. It was the last break before lunchtime and Jennie was expecting to just play on her phone like all the other previous breaks. She was smiling politely, waiting for her response.

"Jennie."

She wasn't offended that this girl didn't know her name, even if she did introduce herself when she first came into the classroom. Nope, not offended at all.

"You should sit with my friends and I at lunch."

Jennie raised a brow at the girl. She was assertive, straightforward, but Jennie liked it. She didn't seem intimidated by Jennie at all, which was actually refreshing.

"Okay."

Jennie cracked a small smile, which may actually have been the first smile she's shown all morning long.

Lunchtime finally rolled around and Jennie grabbed her brown paper bag that held her lunch from her bag and followed Rosé out of the room.

"My friends are weird, but you'll learn to like them," said Rosé as she led Jennie out to the school's soccer fields. Jennie saw two girls sitting in the shaded bleachers by the field as some boys played soccer.

"Rosé!"

The two girls sitting waved Jennie and Rosé over to them. When they arrived, Rosé cleared to introduce the two of them to Jennie.

"Guys, this is Jennie. Jennie, this is Jisoo. She's a grade above us," said Rosé, pointing to a girl who was already eating. was full, but that didn't stop her from smiling and waving cheerfully. "And this is Lisa. She's a grade below us and is from Thailand."

"Hi, Jennie!" Lisa jumped up and grabbed Jennie's hand, pulling her over to her spot. Jennie sat down between Lisa and Jisoo who began to ask Jennie all sorts of questions. Jennie wasn't necessarily comfortable sharing all the information they wanted,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter