Chapter 2

Otaku Love!

Does anyone else think this cosplay is incredible?


"Ahhh!!!" I squealed excitedly. The Naruto panel was over and I'd managed to get my Sasori plushie signed by Johnny!! He's so amazing! I looked at a nearby clock and beamed. Time for work! I quickly ran to the east wing of the building where the Cosplay Cafe was open.

"There you are!" The Manager said cheerfully. She guided me to the back of the cafe and handed me a lolita-styled maid outfit. "Put this on and get to work!"

I did as she said and placed my Hinata cosplay in my assigned locker. Before I left the locker room, I checked myself in a mirror and smiled. I don't know what those Akatsuki jerks were talking about! I had bought Byakugan contacts online, did my own make up, and styled and dyed my hair, too! If you ask me, my Hinata cosplay was spot on!

"W-welcome home, Master!" I said shyly, repeating the line we were given whenever people entered the cafe. I smiled, took a deep breath and left the locker room. Immediately, someone walked in and every maid in the cafe bowed to them.

"Welcome home, Master!" We all said in unison. When I stood up straight from my bow, I froze. The Deidara and Sasori cosplayer were standing in the doorway!

"This is your chance!" My Manager whispered to me. "Go get 'em!"

"Ah, r-r-right!" I said nervously and began walking towards them. They looked my way and I stopped.

"H-hello, M-Masters...!" I said shyly. Awkward... "I-I'll be your um...s-server, so..."

"Better." The Sasori cosplayer said with a smirk. I looked at him and he crossed his arms. "Now that you're acting like your character, you look much more like Hinata."

I gave him a small smile then directed them to their table. So that's how it is...

"Ahh..." The Deidara cosplayer sighed. "I'm TIRED of acting like Deidara! I'm going to take a break for a while."

"I might as well take a break too." Sasori said as he leaned back in his seat. "This way, i can eat."

"Are you two ready to order?" I asked, coming back after a few minutes.

"I'll have the Moe Moe Omlet." The Deidara said and I blushed. It was like as if the REAL Deidara himself had just said that! ~KYA!!~

"Same goes for me." The Sasori cosplayer said. I took their menues, bowed then walked away.

"Uh, hey wait!" The Deidara cosplayer began. I turned and looked back at him. "Ah...sorry for earlier...we were just playing our characters. You get that...right?"

I looked at the Sasori cosplayer and he blushed.

"S...sorry." He mumbled while looking away.

I couldn't help breaking out in a grin.

"I see." I said cheerfuly. "That's fine. I'm still not going to pay you, though." I winked then continued on my way. I returned in a few, holding their orders. "Two Moe Moe Omlets!"

"Hmph." The Sasori cosplayer said with a stuck up attitude. "You kept me waiting. How annoying. I have no need for food. However, I might as well eat it. It better be good."

I see he got into his character again... I thought as I smiled nervously. ('^-^';;) I placed their dishes in front of them then said the lines we were required to say:

"Moe, moe, kyuun!" I said, making a heart with my hands. I blushed then left for them to eat in peace.


"D-did you two enjoy your meals...?" I asked, acting as best as I could like Hinata.

"It wasn't terrible." The Sasori said. "Deidara. Pay for our meals. I'm going now, but don't make me wait."

"Y-you've got to be kidding me!!" The Deidara complained. But by then, Sasori was already gone. He sighed then looked at me. "How much will this cost?"

"$30." I said with a smile.

"Sheesh..." He complained as he took out a cloud-shaped wallet. "Eating here is no joke..." He opened it up then suddenly went pale.

"What's wrong?" I asked after a moment.

"Ah...it seems that...I spent all of my money on this wallet...hm." He said sheepisly. I slapped my forehead.

"You bought a wallet to hold NOTHING?!" I snapped. A few people looked my way and I remembered I was a maid. "I mean...M-Master...you have to pay..." I said, calming myself.

"I've only got ten bucks, hm!" he cried desperately. He looked up at me and my heart seemed to drop.

"Well, either we turn you in." I said, looking away from his adorable face. "O-or you help out in the back to pay off what you owe."

"...Or..." He said, suddenly standing up.

"Eh?" I asked as he leaned his face closer to mine. I blushed and backed up a bit.

"Maybe it could be on the house...hm?" He asked, sounding almost exactly like Deidara.

"I..." I began nervously. "I-I-I u-uhm! I mean, i-if I do that, t-t-then-then I'll loose my j-job...!"

"Please...?" He begged sincerely. He suddenly leaned in even closer and closer until...

"No harassing the maids!" Someone cried as they smacked the Deidara cosplayer to the ground using a broom. I smiled as I saw it was my manager! "Didn't you read our cafe's rules? Our maids have a right to defend themselves if our customers become too pushy!"

"Oww...!" He cried, holding the top of his head where she had struck him.

"Either pay up, or get to work!" She said, pointing the broom in his face.

"F...fine." He said unhappily as he stood up. "I'll--"

I secretly placed a twenty dollar bill in his hand and he smile.

"Here." He said, handing the manager $30. She snatched it from him and smiled sweetly.

"Thank you, Master!" She said, changing from boss to servant. She bowed her head sincerely and Deidara glanced at me. "I'm terribly sorry for harming you, Master. I pray you'll please forgive me."

"Whatever, hm." He said then walked out of the cafe, glancing at me one last time.


"Aw crap!" I cried as I ran down the street. I ended up staying up late last night playing the latest Final Fantasy game that I got at the con. Because of that, I slept in and missed the bus! "That's the last time!" I swore again. For the 10th, and definately not last, time.

BRRINNNG!!!!

I gasped for breath as I sat down in my seat. BARELY making it in time. Turning to my right, I noticed a boy I'd never seen before sitting next to me. He had short, spikey dark brown hair, gray eyes, and a model-like face structure.

"Okay, settle down." The teacher said, quieting down the class. She motioned for the kid next to me to come up in front of the everyone. "Why don't you introduce yourself?"

"My name is Keido." He introduced with a slight bow of his head. I furrowed my brow. Where had I seen him before?

"Tell the class something about yourself, Keido." The teacher said encouragingly.

"I'm an otaku." He said easily. A few of the kids snickered and I heard someone mumble "nerd". Jeez, some people were just so cruel. He didn't seem to mind though. "Also," He continued, "I'm a member of the Cosplay Association of the World."

The world went silent as my eyes opened. No way. No. Freaking. Way.

"W-well," My teacher said, astonished. "That's quite incredible!"

Keido only shrugged then took his seat again.

"Anyways." Teacher continued while straightening her pose. "I hope you'll all be kind to Keido and welcome him into the school."

After that, she began rambling on about something I didn't care about. I quickly ripped out a piece of paper and began scribbling on it.

Are you the person who cosplayed as Deidara at yesterday's con?

I wrote then folded the paper up as small as possible and passed it to Keido when the teacher turned her back to us. He glanced at me before quietly opening the paper back up. After a moment he took out a pen and scribbled on it. Passing it back to me, my heart was pounding as I unfloded it.

Yeah. It said and I silently grinned. I knew it! How did you know?

I was the Hinata! (^o^)/) I replied.

Really? Wow. Your cosplay was great. I didn't even notice that you're the person who cosplayed as her! Sorry about being a jerk. (;;^w^)b I'll pay you back once I get my paycheck, I promise. What's your name?

Thanks, but your cosplay was a lot better. $30. Don't forget the tip, too. (^v~) My name is Aiko. It's nice to meet you. Do you go to cons often?

Tip... (;>w<) Nice to meet you too, Aiko. Ha. I WISH I could go to cons more often...

What's that suppose to mean?

The only reason I went yesterday, was because I had to advertise cosplay for the Cosplay Association of the World. C.A.W. Dang, that's a bad acronym, haha. (-3-)

So you don't just get to go for fun? (owo) C.A.W? Reminds me of a crow. Caw! Caw! ~~( ^)>

You're so weird! XD and, no. Before I joined, I went for fun...but now it's just strict business. ('~')=3

(;A;) sad. Is it any fun though?

Is what any fun?

Doing professional cosplay! Being part of an elite group! O(*Q*)O I'm sure it's fun SOMETIMES, right?

Elite? I'd trade you places in a heartbeat...

After reading the last part, I looked at him in confusion.

"Aiko!" I heard then snapped my attention back up to the teacher. "Pay attention, please."

"Y-yes ma'am." I said sheepisly. I stole a quick glance at Keido once she turned her back to the class again. I wonder. What was his story...?

 


Frick, that was short. >< I'm sorry. I know what you're thinking: "I waited a month for THIS?!?"  |||OTL Please forgive me. The thing is, I have two computers at my house. One, I have all my files on, but it's old, crappy, and SUPER slow. And the other one that's new and fast, but it's my Dad's. If I try typing up this story on the old computer, it slows down and my internet dies. So I have to use the new computer. But because it's my Dad's, I hardly ever use it. I know it's a stupid reason, but.... >< it's what I've got. Sorry. Regardless, I hope you'll still read my stuff! (~;A;)~ <3

 

Sasori: What took you so long to upload? (#-_-)

Me: m(_ _)m I'M SORRY!!!

Sasori: Hmph.

Me: -thinks: The cosplayer in this picture is a girl, but.....DANG, SASORI IS HOT. *Q*-