Chapter 5!

Otaku Love!

"B-B-B-BOYFRIEND?!?!?" I practically screamed. I turned to Keido who was glaring at the girl. Of course, Keido would have a girlfriend. With his looks, he could get anyone...I suddenly felt like a complete and total idiot.

"That's right, boyfriend!" The girl continued to flame. "As in, we're dating, hello!"

"No, we're not." Keido retorted, obviously annoyed, while coming between me and the girl. He turned to me with an almost pleading look on his face. "Trust me, Aiko, this girl is just delusional."

"Oh, please!" The girl continued. "Are you telling me that KISS was just a delusion?"

"It was a stage kiss." Keido sighed while running a hand through his Usui wig.

"With that much passion behind it, you're not fooling anyone." She said while crossing her arms stubbornly.

"What passion?!" Keido exploded.

"Wait..." I began. The two turned to look at me. "Can someone please tell me what's going on?!"

"Now, now, darlings!" Miss Hikari said while coming up to us. "Myou-chan, can you please keep personal matters aside till the end of the shooting?"

"How can I when this...this...this AMATURE is practically throwing herself at MY boyfriend?! It's despicable!!" Myou spat.

"For the billionth time, I am NOT your boyfriend!!" Keido exclaimed.

"Good heavens..." Miss Hikari sighed. A loud bell suddenly went off and she pushed her glasses up higher on her nose. "Ten minute break, everyone!" Keido sighed while taking off his Usui wig.

Turning to me, he said, "Aiko, let me explain. Last year the C.A.W. put on a small theatrical act to advertise their products. Of course, it was a romance. I got cast as the male interest while Myou here was cast as the main girl character. As we were going along in the script, we came to a kissing scene. I didn't know there was going to be a scene like that, but by then it was too late. I couldn't back out. So I kissed her, but she's crazy to actually believe there was anything behind it."

"Oh, well then why did you keep mumbling my name over and over when we were hugging, huh?!" Myou balled her delecate hands up into tight fists. She dropped her voice in a failed attempt to match Keido's strong, deep voice. "'Myou, oh Myou. If this is too much, then just pull away, okay?' What was that about, huh?!?"

I felt a pang in my chest as I realized that was the same line he'd given me. I turned to face him, but his eyes were shooting daggers at Myou.

"That's what I thought." Myou said triumphantly while crossing her arms.

"Keido...but I thought..." My words slipped from me. I really believed we'd actually had a moment back there. My hands balled into fists. I felt humiliated, hurt.

"You thought, what?" Myou laughed. Her words cut deep like blades. "That Keido was actually into you? Why in the world would he waste his time with a ridiculous girl like you, when he's one of the elite? Just like moi. Don't kid yourself! Just because you put on the costume and the makeup doesn't make you one of us!"

It was like a slap in the face. I felt the sting of tears behind my eyes, but held them back.

"Myou, that's enough." Miss Hikari said with a tight, set jaw. "Don't be like thi--"

"...You're right." I said while forcing a smile. "You're absolutly right."

"Aiko?" Keido breathed. He finally looked at me. Miss Hikari placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Aiko, are you okay?" She asked. I ignored her.

"If this is what it means to be 'one of the elite'..." I took a step closer to Myou, giving her a challenging look. "Treating feelings like trash...Then I want no part in it. Keido is all yours." I turned and looked him straight in the eyes. Refusing to let go.

"You two deserve each other." I spat bitterly while ripping off my Misaki wig, letting my hair fall loosly down my neck. I handed the wig to Miss Hikari and gave her a small smile. "I'll return the uniform tomorrow, is that okay?"

Without waiting to hear her response, I made my way to the exit and pushed my way out. The thought of looking back never even crossed my mind.


When I got home, I immediately fled to the safety of my bedroom and buried my face into a pillow. I wanted to cry, but tears never came. Instead, I went from feeling humilated, hurt and embarrassed to absolutely outraged. Who do they think they are?! Especially that Myou chick! Especially Keido! And every stupid member of the C.A.W.!!! They were "elite" just because they acted like stuck-up snobs and seduced every girl that walked in their way?! Whatever! An image of Keido popped into my mind and I banged my head against a wall to get it out.

"Okay, that was a stupid idea." I mumbled, touching a hand to my throbbing forehead. I sat on my bed in silence, thinking about Keido. He never "seduced" me, what was I thinking? I was the fool that fell for him. No, I'd never fallen for him! I'd fallen for Deidara and Usui!! That's who I fell for! I never even got to know the boy behind the costumes...and I never would. I didn't want to know. Myou said he'd whispered to her the same line he'd given me. How many other girls had he given that line to, I wonder? I peered out my window and saw that the sky was filled with gray clouds. A spring storm, then? It was so bright and sunny just a few hours ago. I closed my eyes, realizing just how perfectly the weather went with my feelings.

"What a detestable pig..." I muttered silently. "erted slime. A terrible, horrible, awful person who I never, ever, ever, ever want to see ever again for as long as I liv--"

Ding-dong!~

The doorbell chimed and I sat up. My parents were at work right now, so I was home alone. Quickly, I ran downstairs, opened the door, and who else was I to see but the person I wanted to see least. Keido.

"H-hey." He said between gasps. He looked like he'd just been running and was still in his Usui cosplay. Minus the wig. I slammed the door in his face and was right about to return to my room when he began banging on the door while ringing the doorbell at the same time. The noise was to great to ignore and I ripped the door open again.

"What?!" I shot angrily in his face. "Come back to piss me off even more?! 'Cuz honestly, right now, just seeing your face is doing a pretty good job of that!" He'd caught his breath and stared at me without flinching. I held back some of my anger and glared at him. "How did you even get here?"

"I followed you, how else?" He answered. The sky looked like it was about to rain...

"I couldn't just let you leave without knowing why you were so upset. If it was because of Myou, I'm really sorry..." He trailed off and the look on his face told me this was a genuine apology. Then again, he'd seemed pretty genuine when he was holding me in his arms before. I wasn't going to fall for it again.

"Yeah, well you can take your apology and shove it up--" My threat was cut off as he suddenly leaned over and kissed my cheek. I shoved him away and he fell back on his .

"You...Why...!! How dare you!!" I cried at him while wiping my cheek with the back of my hand. Now the tears were flowing. "How dare you play with my feelings like this you...you...BAKA!!!!"

"Aiko?" He stood up again and reached a hand out to me. But this time, he knew better and dropped it. "...I have no idea what you're so upset about..."

"Well of course you don't!" I snapped, hating the humilating tears running down my face. "You're so oblivious, it's incredible you even know I exist!! Screw you and your fancy job! I hate people like you!! I hate them!" The first drop of rain fell and hit my cheek. Keido looked up and frowned.

"...Is that really how you feel?" He asked me with a gentle tone. "Then I'll be honest with you right now, Aiko. You're driving me insane. Ever since I saw you, I couldn't get you out of my mind. I've never felt this way about anyone before...Aiko....I think that...I'm falling in love with you." I blinked back in surprise then shook my head.

"Let me guess, you said the same thing to Myou?" I asked while looking down at my feet. He seemed taken back and his brow furrowed.

"Is that why you're so upset?" He asked. The side of his mouth twitched up then back into a straight line as if he was trying not to smile.

"This is stupid." I said then went to close the door in his face. He was faster though, and stuck his foot in the doorway before I could close it. I wiped away my tears then opened my mouth to yell at him. Once again, he was faster.

"Okay, fine. I admit it." He said between the small open space of the door. "I use to like Myou. But we never dated, and my attraction to her lasted less than a week! I liked her, I didn't love her. Aiko...you...you're different."

"How do I know your affection won't ware away in less than a week?!" I challenged. He smiled then opened the door wider. Now the rain was pouring.

"Because it's been more than a week since I met you." He said then wiped away a stray tear on my cheek with his thumb. "And I can tell my feelings will never disappear. I promise, Aiko. One chance. That's all I need. Please?"

I scanned his face, looking for the slightest clue to see if it was all an act. I found none.

"...Maybe if you can prove yourself to me..." I mumbled and he sighed.

"You'd think that when a guy pours his heart out to a girl, she'd at least crack a smile or something." He joked, but I didn't find it funny in the least. Keido relized this then became serious. "You won't regret it, Aiko. I'll show you I can live up to your expectations. And...I really am sorry for not understanding your feelings."

"Whatever..." I mumbled. He gave me a small smile.

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot." He said, holding a plastic bag out to me. I was so upset with him, I hadn't even noticed he had something in his hands. "It's your clothes. You forgot them at the studio."

A crash of thunder sounded and I jumped in surprise. My hands shook as I took the bag from him. Crap.

"...Are you okay?" He asked, tilting his head in concern. I nodded quickly.

"F-fine." I lied. "Just fine." Another loud crash of thunder boomed and I dropped the bag in fear.

"...You're afraid of thunder?" Keido said as more of a statement than a question.

"Will you j-just get out of here?!" I cried in frustration while picking up the bag. Keido shook his head and water flew out of his hair.

"You're going to make me walk in the rain?" He asked and I glared at him. "What if I get a cold? Aiko, you're so cruel." He gave me puppy dog eyes that made my heart stop. So unfair that he just happened to be wearing Usui's uniform!!

      

(Sorry, I had to. >////<)

I felt my face flush. Dang him and his perfect model looks.

"...O-okay, fine!" I stuttered with a red face. "You can come in for just a sec! U-until the storm passes and not a second later! Now get it, hurry!" He immediately grinned then walked right past me and into my house. I slammed the door behind me and realized my hands were shaking. Mostly from the sound of thunder outside...but also because something or someone else...


DUM DUM DUUMMMMM!!!! Keido loves Aiko!!~ Woot woot! He confessed! x3 Haha, sorry to leave you at a cliffhanger with the whole "boyfriend" thing just to find out it was something else entirely~ xDD

And now, Aiko and Keido are alone....What kind of crazy things will happen next?!?

Thanks a bunch for reading!!!! Please comment and subscribe!!! ( ^0^)/)

heart

(BTW: What do you think about the new background? ^3^)