Chapter 3!

Otaku Love!

Hmmm....I don't know why, but I was in the mood to put a Kiba in here. ^-^ Not bad~


 

Elite? I'd trade you places in a heartbeat...

Those words had been ringing in my ear all week. What did Keido mean by that? Was being part of the C.A.W. really all that bad? Sure, I guess you'd be really busy a lot of the time, but you got to do what you love: cosplay. Plus, I found out that only the elite of the elite in the C.A.W. do the modeling. All the other members get to do cosplay, but it's mostly for advertisement. And Keido was one of their models. It made me wonder how he could dislike his job so much when he was so...so...first-class.

"One Strawberry Burst, please." I told the guy manning the ice cream stand. His back was turned to me and he had a baseball cap on. At the sound of my voice, his body suddenly went stiff and he pulled his cap down lower on his face.

"R-right..." He muttered, scooping up some ice cream and plopping it on a cone. I looked around as I waited for him to finish up. The sun was high in the sky and I was standing on a white bridge, overlooking a shimmering lake. The guy's ice cream stand was on the edge of the bridge, against its railing. I walked to the left of the stand and leaned over the rail, letting the breeze wash over my face.

"It's almost summer, isn't that great?" I asked the boy who slowly nodded in reply, his back still facing me. "You probably don't care, but I really love this place. It's amazing, isn't it? The lake especially. It makes me wonder why not very many people come here."

He nodded again and I tugged on the edge of my shorts, smoothing out the wrinkles.

"Um, h-here..." The boy said, offering the ice cream out to me. He was still avoiding eye contact and facing downwards. "That'll be two dollars..."

"Sure thing." I said, reaching for my wallet. "Not only is this place beautiful, but the ice cream can't be beat. Tell your boss that for me will y..." I trailed off as I handed the boy the money. My eyes nearly popped out of my head and my jaw dropped open. "K...Keido?!"

"N-no!" The boy denied, pulling the cap down lower over his face. "I-I don't know what you're talking about. Just take your ice cream and go, okay?"

"Oh my gosh!" I cried in astonishment. "It IS you! What are you doing here?!" He slowly tipped his cap up and sighed.

"I guess it's no use hiding anymore." He sighed, his cheeks bright red. He looked at me and frowned. "I needed another job, okay? I don't get paid until the end of this month, and I'm barely making ends meet. D-don't tell anyone about this though! It's bad enough I have to wear this stupid uniform apron, but if word got out..."

I brushed my finger over my heart making an X, then put up my right hand.

"Your secret is safe with me." I assured and he sighed in relief. I took my ice cream then studied him.

"...Wh-what!?" He snapped awkwardly, his face still red from embarrassment. "I-I mean...what are you looking at? Jeez."

"Oh, sorry." I apologized with a smile. "Didn't mean to stare. It's just...weird, ya know?" I my ice cream and he pulled on his cap. "I mean, here I thought you were super elite and stuff, and then I see you running an ice cream stand. No offense."

"None taken." He sighed. "Honestly, you've got the wrong idea about me. I'm not 'elite', so quit saying that. Now if you'd kindly leave." He said, brushing his fingers at me to move. Suddenly, his eyes flashed to my tee and I grinned.

"Like it?" I asked, then did a neat little twirl. He blushed from being caught then turned away.

"I...guess..." He mumbled and I laughed. It was black and had a chibi Miku Hatsune on the front with music notes floating around. I rubbed a finger on my necklace that had the Leaf symbol from Naruto dangling on it.

"Is there something you want?" He asked and I tilted my head in confusion.

"Not really." I said, gesturing to my ice cream.

"Then leave." He said and I placed a hand on my hip. "I'm not really in the mood to talk."

"Whatever." I said while rolling my eyes. I walked over to the bench opposite the stand and on the other side of the bridge. Sitting down, I crossed my legs and Keido frowned at me from the stand.

"You're just doing this to bug me now, huh?" He said and I shrugged while my ice cream. I smiled at him and he turned his back to me.

"So when is the next time you're doing a cover shot?" I asked and he turned to look at me. "Not to sound stalker-ish or anything, but I saw a few magazines with your face on the cover. I swear your cosplay is just too amazing."

"They give us what we wear." He said then wiped a bead of sweat off of his brow. He took off his baseball cap then began fanning himself. "As for my work...none of your business."

"Why don't you like your work?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Just forget about it." He mumbled and I frowned, eating more of my ice cream. His wristwatch suddenly beeped and he ripped off the apron he was wearing.

"Done with work?" I asked as he began putting everything away to lock up the stand.

"Yeah." He said once he was done closing up the stand. He sighed then began walking. Suddenly, he turned to look back at me. "Are you coming or what?"

I finished up the last of my ice cream then began walking with him.

"Were are we going?" I asked and he shrugged, pulling his cap down on his head.

"Let's just...walk." He said as we reached the edge of the lake. It was shimmering in the sunlight and my mouth opened into a smile.

"Wow..." I sighed dreamily, letting the warm breeze wash over me. I spread my arms out wide and took a deep breath. "Isn't this amazing?"

"It's...something." He agreed with a small smile. We stood there in silence, taking in the beauty when the sound of screeching tires caught our ears. We whirled around to see a white van come to a halt on top of the bridge we were previously on. Keido swore under his breath then took my wrist and began running.

"Keido, where--!" I began as we ran under the bridge and ducked behind thick bushes.

"Shh!" He hushed me, covering my mouth with his hand.

"Keido-san!" A voice above us on the bridge called out. "We know you're here! Please come out! You're late for your cover shoot! Don't do this again, please!"

I gave Keido a bewildered look as a drop of sweat ran down his face. I'll tell you later. He mouthed silently then held a finger to his lips. I hesitantly nodded and we listened to the people above us call out to him. After a moment, their calling voices died out and we waited in silence. Suddenly, Keido's cell phone began ringing and he ripped it out of his pocket to shut it off. I couldn't help grinning in delight at his ringtone: the 8-bit version of "Rolling Girl". 

"He's under the bridge!" Someone exclaimed just as Keido shut off his phone. Just as the people searching for Keido came into view, Keido took my hand and yanked me to my feet.

"Run!" He commanded and we took off.

"Keido-san!" One of them called to us. "No! Come back!" Suddenly, I heard the sound of...laughing? I turned my head and saw Keido's head was flung back, as light-hearted laughs escaped his mouth. At the sight of him so carefree and happy, I began laughing as well. We rounded a corner, gasping for breath and crying from laughing so hard. He looked at me and grinned. I grinned back and suddenly, he took my hand.

"Come on." He said cheerfully between breaths. "I'll...I'll take you out to lunch...fwooh! My treat!"

"Okay." I giggled. "Don't forget...you still owe me $20!" He nodded then beckoned for me to follow.


Yaaay~~ First off, thanks a million for reading!!! <3 You rock! I know this story takes a while to update, so thank you for your patience! (*^o^*)/) I hope you enjoyed reading! Comment, message, and subscribe!!!

heart

  This is Keido doing...some sort of cosplay! :D Thanks for reading!~~~