Chapter 1!

Otaku Love!

Your name is Aiko! (Pic of you above. ^^)

Age: 17

Occupation: High School Student and Captain of the Otaku Club!

Interests: Cosplay!

Favorite Anime: Na-ru-to!

Okay, I think that's all I really need to write for you to get that you're a total anime crazy lover! Let's begin! ^^


"That's right!" I cried angrily, rehearsing a line from Durarara!! (Haven't seen that anime? CHECK IT OUT.) "I have no head; I'm a monster!"

Oooh~ Even I gave myself goosebumps! I was totally going to do amazing at my voice acting audition! Quickly, I tied on my (authentic!) Naruto cosplay headband and ran out the door. The anime con would be starting, and I needed to get there early! There was just so much to do! My auditions of course, were going to keep me pumped, plus, I was going to help out and be a maid at the Cosplay Cafe opening up for the day, so much to do! Not only that, but Johnny Yong Bosh, my favorite voice actor of ALL TIME would be there at the Naruto panel!!! I held in a fangirl scream as I butted the people waiting in line to pay the entrance fee. ers. Didn't they know it's so much easier to pay for the pass online BEFORE the con, instead of waiting in line?

"H-Hinata-ch-chan!!!" I heard someone cry to my left. I turned and saw someone dressed up as the Vocaloid Kaito, holding an ice cream cone in one hand, and a camera in the other.

This is it! I thought excitedly in my head. I quickly changed into my set character and shifted my feet around nervously.

"U-um..." I mumbled, acting like how Hinata would in a situation like this. "H-hello. Ah..."

"Do you mind if I take a picture?" The Kaito cosplayer asked eagerly, stars shining in his eyes. I could tell he was impressed with my dedication to BE the character, not just look like them. "Your cosplay is AMAZING!"

I blushed, half flattered, half being Hinata. He SHOULD be impressed by my cosplay! I refused to buy a wig, so I cut, and styled my hair myself, spending hours trying to find just the right hair dye color. I also spent a total of 500 hours, hand-making the outfit! This was by FAR my greatest cosplay accomplishment!

"W-w-well..." I said, poking my two pointer fingers together, just like Hinata. "A-alright...!"

"Kyaah..." He said dreamily as he snapped pictures from different angles. "You're so incredible! T-there! Hold that pose! Just like that!"

"L...like this?" I asked quietly, holding my fists up in front of my chin.

"Exactly!" He said, practically jumping out of his clothes from excitement. A few minutes later, he left, thanking me, and I walked around the crowded building, full of cosplayers.


"Ooof..." I said, exhausted as I flopped down on a couch placed in the lobby. I'd just finished my auditions, and got nothing but high praise from the judges. Not only that, but I got accepted to go onto the next auditions! This is so great! Suddenly, the colors black and red caught my sharp otaku eyes and I spotted a group of people, cosplaying as the...the....AKATSUKI!!!! I jumped up from the couch and ran after them, pulling my cell phone from my pocket.

"E-excuse me...!" I said eagerly as I stopped in front of them. They all looked at me and I couldn't help immediately looking at the Deidara. He was the best Deidara cosplayer I'd ever seen! So many times before, I'd seen those 5,000 pound cosplayers, dressing like my lovely Deidara! Absolutely tragic (TT_TT). But this one...not only did he look like my DeiDei,but he was, in a word, HOT! I blushed.

"Ah...m-may I...um...take a--" I began, slowly holding up my cell.

"Sorry." The Deidara said and I tilted my head. "If you wan't a picture, you'll have to pay, hmm."

"P...pay?" I asked in astonishment. I lowered the phone and placed my hands on my hips. "Why? I can just snap a quick photo and leave!"

"We'd prefer it if you JUST left." The one dressed as Sasori said snobishly. He examined my cosplay from top to bottom and smirked. "What are you wearing?"

"H-huh?" I asked annoyed. "What are you trying to say?"

"And I see you don't really act too much like Hinata, huh? But that's fine. I mean, you don't look like her, so..."

-SNAP- (##-__-)

"Yeah?!" I shot back furiously. "Well where'd you get YOUR cosplay? Wal-Mart?!"

"Tsk." He said coldly. "You're such an annoying little brat...but if you must know..."

He suddenly pulled out a slip of paper from his cloak and I took it from him. My eyes almost popped open at what I was reading. They were members of the Cosplayer Association of the World?! Only the most elite cosplayers were part of something this big! My face flushed as I handed the paper back to him. This could be my only chance to become an offical member!

"Oh." I said sheepisly. "I see. Still! Why should I pay? That makes no sense! Cosplaying is just for fun!"

"For fun!" The Deidara scoffed. "Cosplaying is art, hm! Then again, an amateur like you wouldn't understand the depths of something so complex..."

"Haah?!" I said in surprise. "Unlike you all, I put HARD WORK into my cosplay! Did any of you spend 500 hours sitting in front of a sewing machine, pricking your fingers who knows how many times with a needle?!"

"We have no need for that." The Itachi said in a calm, low voice just like the real Itachi would.

"(insert swear word here)! People like you do all that ______ work for us!" The Hidan cosplayer said.

"Hmph." I said, totally pissed off. "You know what? I don't even WANT to be in a group full of snobbish, egotistic, stuck-up, can't even thread a needle to save their lives, people like you!"

I turned abruptly, ripped out my cell, snapped a quick photo of them then ran and disappeared into the crowd before any of them could stop me. As I slipped away, I looked at the picture and saw that I had only gotten the Deidara cosplayer. I was a little unhappy, but totally satisfied all at the same time. Deidara was my favorite character ever! His looks, his voice, everything about him, I loved it all! And this cosplayer displayed him perfectly. Now if only he hadn't been such a jerk...

I dropped my phone back into my pocket and pushed the thought of those Akatsuki cosplayers far out of my mind. I wasn't going to let them ruin a perfectly good con!


Thank you so much for reading!!! Hm. I guess this WON'T be all that short...oh well! What will happen next? Stay tuned to find out!! >:D ...please? ^^ Subscribe and comment too!!!!!!!!!!!!!~~~