Unsaid

Dark

"We're proud of you. "

"You did well. "

"You were doing great! "

"You're the best! "

Those are the words he longed to hear but those are also the words that are left unheard. 

Those are the words that they are supposed to say but those are also the words that they left unsaid. 

 

 

"Guys! I'm going to be on the Law of The Jungle! "

That day, when they come home, that was the first thing that N tells them, that he's going to be in a survival show. 

"Oh, really? Great for you, hyung. "That was what Hongbin tells him. He seems disinterested. No, he is disinterested. Nothing about uncivilized place excites him. 

"Careful, hyung. It's going to be really hard. I kinda regret going to that show actually. "Hyuk says with a mischievous smile, teasing his leader and N huffs. That maknae of his can be really mean sometimes. 

"You shouldn't say that, Hyuk. You should encourage me. "He exclaims and Hyuk just grins before walking away. 

"Good luck. I'll cheer for you from here. "Leo says, patting N's back before disappearing into his room. 

"All the best, hyung! Bring home some souvenir, okay? "Ken cheers with a wide smile and N had to fought the urge to tell him that he's not really going to have a vacation. 

Meanwhile, "Fighting! " was the only word that Ravi says before he once again leave the dorm. 

"Thanks for the support! "N says in sarcasm and they laugh. 

Of course they wish the best for their leader, of course they wish him to go and come back safely, of course they will miss him but well, of course they wouldn't tell him that. 

'He knows. We don't have to say it. '

Yes, he knows. But he wished they would say it anyway. 

 

 

"I'll be home in a few hours! See you soon! "

After a week of being isolated from civilized world, those words are the first thing N said to them through their group chat. 

No one reply, though. They don't feel like they need to since they're going to meet him soon anyway.  And once they do, they'll make sure to give him a warm welcome. 

"Guys? Are you ignoring me? Are you not happy that I'm coming home? "

Thats not true. Of course they're happy to have their leader back with them. Without him, it feels incomplete. Without him, they feel empty, like something's missing. But well, there's no need to say that because he knows it already. 

"No 'welcome back'? No 'we miss you'? No 'you did great? 'Nothing? "

Yes, he received nothing. He received none of the words he wished to hear. But it's not because they don't care, it's because they have a surprise waiting for him at home. That surprise would say all those words for them.

But later, they wished they say those words when he asked for it. 

 

 

"Hey, hyung. We're proud of you. "

"Yeah. You did great! We're proud to have you as our leader. "

"You're the best, hyung! "

"We miss you. "

Those words that were left unsaid could finally be said 3 months after his last message to them. But they didn't get to say those words at him, they only get to say it to the sea; the sea that took him from them. 

He may not hear them but at least, that soul trapped inside the waves of the sea could finally rest in peace; no longer grounded by guilt and regret and words that are left unsaid. 

 

 

 

A/N A friendly reminder, everyone! If you love and care for someone, if they're important and means a lot to you,tell them when they're still there with you. Don't let those words left unsaid and unheard