Voodoo Stick

Dark

"Why does Hyuk never get to hold the stick? That's unfair. "

"They never let the maknae hold that stick. Please just let him have it once. I want to see him hold it. "

"Give Hyuk the stick! "

 

 

In Voodoo Doll choreography,as everyone knows, Hyuk never gets the chance to hold the stick, the stick that is the prop of their dance. Whether to dance with it or to just pass it around to others, he never get the chance to do it. 

People who watch them dance to Voodoo Doll would probably think that the members are being unfair to their maknae by not giving him the spotlight with the stick. But that's not it. They have their own reason as to why they never give their maknae the stick, a reason no one wants to talk about. 

 

 

"Oh, cool. "Ravi says once N opens the box that they just received, revealing a metal stick with a figure of a skull at one end. 

"We're going to dance with this? Isn't it dangerous? "Ken voices out as N takes out the stick and inspects it before passing it around to them so they can have a look. 

"We might hurt each other with this. Isn't there a better prop we can use? "Leo somewhat complains when the stick is finally in his hold. His voice is soft but full of concern. 

"We won't if we're careful. "Hongbin retaliates, eyeing the new prop with awe in his eyes. "I can't wait to try this out. "He says excitedly, waving the stick over to Hyuk who's just sitting at the corner of the room, seemingly not interested. "Isn't this great, Hyuk?! "He asks and Hyuk, with sleepy eyes, nod absent mindedly. 

"Yeah, hyung. That's cool. "He says, yawning heavily before rubbing his eyes. 

N chuckles at their maknae adorable antic,he knows how tired Hyuk is from both school and his idol activities. "You can go to sleep first, Hyuk. We'll just clean up for a bit and we'll join you. "He says.

Hyuk nods as he stands up and walks off to their shared bedroom. "Good night, hyungs. "He calls out before closing the door behind him, leaving the rest of his hyungs to continue to fuss about their new prop. 

 

 

It's late at night and everyone is deep asleep,huddled next to each other on the futon over the floor. Soft snores occupies the space until suddenly, Hyuk sits up and promptly walks out of the room. 

"Hyuk? "Hongbin, being the light sleeper he is, is awakened by the sound of the door opening and he manages to catch sight of their maknae leaving the room.

There's no answer from Hyuk so he just assumes that the maknae is going to settle his 'bussiness' and he's just about to go back to sleep when Ravi's screaming startle him, causing not just him but the rest of them to be wide awake. 

"What was that?! "N demands, eyes wide as he surveyed the room. 

"Wonshik . "Hongbin tells him and in no time, both N and Leo rushes out of the room to the other room that is occupied by only Ravi, since he snores too loud. 

"Lets go and check on them. "Hongbin urge, holding his hand out to Ken who's still as confused as ever. 

 

 

Rushing to Ravi's room, the sight that greets them is something that they never imagine of seeing. Ravi is on the cold floor, having rolled off his futon and there, sitting on Ravi with their newly received prop held in a threatening manner, is Hyuk. 

"Hyung, help! "Ravi cries out, struggling to stop Hyuk from stabbing the pointy end of the prop over his face. 

Not wasting any time, Leo rushes over and pulls Hyuk off of Ravi by grabbing onto his neck. "What do you think you're doing?!  "He growls, louder than any of them has ever heard him talk as he pushes Hyuk against the wall. 

Hyuk just stares at him for a moment before he starts struggling and yelling words that no one understands but Leo isn't giving up to him. 

"What's happening here? "Hongbin demands upon seeing N comforting a shaking Ravi and Leo pinning their maknae against the wall while the said maknae yells gibberish words. 

No one answers but it's not like Hongbin expects for an answer anyway, not when Ravi looks so frightened and Hyuk looks like he's trying to curse a spell over Leo. 

Ken suddenly seems wide awake as he strides over to Leo and Hyuk and without a word, he snatches their prop away from Hyuk's grip and just like that, the maknae drops into a heap on the floor, completely unconscious. 

 

 

Hyuk doesn't remember what happened. He doesn't remember walking in his sleep to try to injure Ravi with their comeback prop. He doesn't remember fighting and struggling and saying incoherent words at Leo as the second eldest tried to snap him of whatever trance he was in. He remembers nothing of that night. 

He just woke up and proceed his day as usual, not realising the way his rapper hyung keeps avoiding him and the way the rest of his hyungs keep their watchful eyes on his every movements. 

"Can you give me that prop? I didn't get to see it last time. "He says, reaching his hand out to take the prop stick from N and before the leader could realise what happened, he has managed to get hold of the stick and in no time, his rational mind disappears. 

His mind is blank as he rushes towards Hongbin with the stick in his hand, attempting to stab the visual but luckily, there is Ken who quickly snatches the prop-turn-weapon from him, causing him to just drop unconscious like before. 

And again, just like before, he remembers nothing. And no one have the heart to say anything about it to him because they realise, he didn't do those attacks under his own will. The prop, somehow, affects him in a way no one would have imagined and they don't want to make him feel guilty for it. 

 

Thus, the best way the found to deal with it is to not let Hyuk get hold of the prop stick. One way or another.