Evil Eye

Dark

*Based on Dynamite 

 

There was a time where VIXX was underappreciated. There was a time where people would say "VIXX who? ". 

But those time are from the past. 

Now, everyone knows VIXX. 

They're the concept-dol. They're the model-dol. They're the six people who sets trend instead of following them. 

But those fame comes with a price. A price that not everyone is willing to pay. 

But N does. He's willing to pay the price as long as his brothers get the recognition they deserve. As long as his brothers's sacrifices doesn't go to waste. 

Even if it means he must sacrifices himself. 

 

 

"Why did you do it? "Leo has questioned when one day, N returned home from his vacation with a tattoo of a blue eye behind his left hand. 

N smiles. "Because I want to. "He says simply. "Don't you think it's time for us to get what we deserve? We've worked so hard all these years only to be continuously looking down upon. "

"I know that. "Leo sighs. "But this is not the way, Hakyeon. "He disagrees. "We should just continue working hard instead of taking an easy way to achieve fame. We really shouldn't--"

"For how long?! "N lashes out before shaking his head slightly. "How much longer do we need to continue working our off? We've been doing it for years, Taekwoon! Years! We're not getting any younger! "He argues and Leo couldn't find any words to argue back. 

"We don't want to lose you, Hakyeon. No, I don't want to lose you. You're my life long friend. "He says truthfully, almost begging yet N just presses his lips into a tight line before walking away from him. 

 

 

"What's this, hyung? "Ken has asked when he notices the eye tattoo behind N's hand when they were eating. He knows their leader values his skin so much so for him to taint his own skin in such way is very unexpected. 

Hearing the question, Ravi approaches them and after setting his eyes on the tattoo, he immediately looks up towards N's face. And when he sees those slightly mismatched eyes of the leader, he knows his fear is confirmed. 

"HYUNG, WHY?! "Ravi screams, grabbing onto N's shoulder and shaking him violently, ignoring the surprise he gave Ken, who's still completely clueless. 

N looks away, pushing Ravi off of him. "It's for us. "He says. 

"For us how?! "Ravi demands. "Do you know what's going to happen because of that eye, hyung?! Do you?! "

"I know, Wonshik. "N whispers. "And I'm ready to accept it. "

 

 

"You can't see, can you? "Hyuk asks, waving his hands over N's left eye which is now faded from its originally dark brown colour. 

"I can. "N says, not completely saying the truth but not lying either and Hyuk just scoffs.

"I'm dissapointed, hyung. "He says, pulling onto N's hand and guiding him to sit down on the couch properly instead of continuing to bump into each of the furniture present in their dorm. 

"Dissapointed? "N echoes quietly. 

"Yeah, dissapointed. "Hyuk repeats. "You used to tell me to work hard to achieve my dream but now you yourself are using the easy way. "He says, causing N to look down, avoiding his gaze. 

"I'm sorry. "

 

 

Hongbin reaches out and unties the blind fold over N's eyes. He knows the blind fold has no function now that the leader's world is already dark but since it makes the leader feels better, he suppose that there's nothing wrong with it. 

"What's up with that look, Hongbin? "N asks playfully, almost as if he can see the face Hongbin is making but Hongbin knows better. 

His leader is blind. 

"I still don't understand why you did what you did, hyung. "He mumbles and N chuckles. 

"I want you to be happy. "

"Well, I'm not. "Hongbin denies harshly, throwing the blindfold he was holding onto the floor. 

"Why not? "N asks. "You're famous now. Everyone knows you. Everyone knows VIXX. Isnt it worth being happy for? "

"There's nothing to be happy about when we lose you to fame, hyung. "Hongbin says. "You can't see. You can't dance. Soon you'll no longer be able to hear us and after that, you can't speak either. "He blurts out the truth they've been avoiding and N smiles sadly. 

"At least I'm still here with you. "

"And for how long is that? "Hongbin retaliates . "How much longer will you be able to stay with us? "

N haves no answer to that so he keeps quiet and Hongbin chose to just answer his own question. 

"The more fame we get, hyung, the lesser time you have. "He says." I know you know that. And I know you know that we all know that. "

"Hongbin --"

"I'm not happy, hyung. I'll never be happy again. "He says sternly. 

But soon, he will know that his happiness no longer matters as they received all the fame there is in the world. 

And the price for the fame? 

N.