Epilogue

Imprisoned

  The day the Dome fell was about a month ago. The ships were destroyed and no one came to our aid. We managed to escape and camp in an underground base.

  It was strange being outside of the Dome. For the first time in so long, I felt the cool breeze tickling my skin and the fresh scent of moss filled my nostrils. The Dome from the inside was an interesting sight as it looked exactly as how I pictured it when I first entered here. All I could see was metal that is surrounded by buildings and trees of all kind. We met with others who managed to escape. Most were the guards and a few were criminals. I did not see many with the marks of the Doll. It was no surprise as every Doll was usually with their master. They were probably the first to die.

  I didn’t see Jongup until we settled at a camp far away from the Dome. Apparently, our ancestors predicted this event and prepared the base with plenty of equipment and supplies that were switched out every 5 years. Although the weapons were old, they were still effective. Plus, Yongguk and his crew brought a few more just in case none of them worked. Here, there were recruits willing to fight while the rest are placed at a safer zone, deeper into the base. I found out L and all the rest of the Daehyun's servants were saved and sent there. I was honestly quite confused as to why Jongup was not at the safe zone, but with others who were willing to risk their life to protect the remaining people here. However, he told me he was willing to fight no matter what it took. He said, he wasn’t going to be on the front lines, but be part of the communication team that stayed at the base to make sure there was no threats going on from the outside.

  Zelo does the same as he was not equipped to fight. It made me feel a bit better. After all, I knew where they would be, but I was worried that the Bloodline group may attack our base while we’re away. Yongguk assured me that would not happen, but that didn’t ease my uncertainty.

  As for me, I conducted missions with Yongguk like in the old days. Most of the time, we just scouted the area to see what the vampires were doing. However, since the Dome was sealed, we did not know what was happening on the inside. All we could see were vampires entering and leaving to bring prey for blood. Most of them were humans that we didn't get to rescue. We don’t do anything as we were still trying to find a better way to attack them. If we ambushed them now, we won’t know what their motives are for keeping the Dome. And it would blow our cover. It's a risk we couldn't take.

  As each day passes, I am constantly thinking about Daehyun. I still have no news about him whether he’s alive or not. I like to think he is, considering he is a vampire, but with Himchan as their leader, who knows what will happen to him. Is he locked up? Was he executed? I don’t know, and it hurts me. The last thing I said to him was “Goodnight, Daehyun.” Nothing more and nothing less.

  Oh, how I wish I can turn back time and make him not go. Or at least let me say those three little words for him. It’s too late now. We’re in separate worlds.

  “Youngjae, get up.” I hear Yongguk call while I'm in the middle of my nap. Every mission so far is draining and at night I rarely sleep as I'm not used to sleeping at night. Let's not forget that I am still worried about Daehyun, too. I just want to know if he's safe or not. I want to know if he's still alive.

  I rollover on my side and groan. Although the old mattress is not comfy, I was sleeping peacefully. “What?”

  “It’s time. It looks like they’ve found what they’re looking for.” From this view, there seems to be a dark shadow casting over Yongguk's face. His bangs stuck to his forehead and his breathing was hard as if he came here running.

  I give him a questioning look. What did they find for him to wake me up like this? "What do you mean."

  He doesn't hesitate to say the next few words: “They found Jaebum.”


Author's Note:

  The END! Well, not really. I actually have a sequel for you. This story was literally only the beginning. (; Just be patient for the next announcement! Stay subscribed for now!

With Love, 

LokiCraze123