Bottled Up Feelings

Imprisoned

  After telling Daehyun about my past, our bond is a lot closer, but the way we interact is always the same. From time to time, he would tease me, and I would be too stubborn to give in. I’m glad that he’s still treating me the same despite knowing about my past. I was afraid that he would avoid me.

  It’s been a week since I told him about my past. Daehyun is going back to the bank to view the reports. I decide not to go since I don’t have much to tell Jongup and I just am not in the mood to leave the mansion today. Also, it’s been awhile since I sat outside in the garden.

  After a long Night of just walking around and helping out in the mansion, I lie on the sitting wall and stare up at the Moon. My mind wanders and I’m still reminded about the night I betrayed Luca, but my heart doesn’t feel as heavy as it did before. I guess letting it all out definitely helps. That still doesn’t mean I’m not guilty for what I did. He should’ve lived a normal life with his mother. But then, what would have happened if I wasn’t the one who was assigned to that mission? Would he have died earlier? Would he have been able to run away? What about his mother? Where is she now? There’s so many questions I want to know, but I can’t get the answer to.

  Deep down, Luca is still in my mind, but Daehyun’s face constantly appears, making me forget about the past, even if it’s just for a moment. At least I know I will have something new to protect. This time, I will do my best to make sure he’s safe even if it costs my life.

  “I thought you will be in the library,” Zelo’s voice breaks my trance.

  I sit up. “Just changing the setting. It’s a quiet Night.”

  “It always is.” Zelo sits next to me. “I don’t know if it’s weird to say this, but I can’t imagine what my life will be like once I leave this place. I have about two months left here now, and I’ve already grown accustomed to it. Yeah, we have blood-thirsty vampires and criminals roaming the place, but we live in an area where there is mostly peace.”

  “Yeah.” Even I can’t imagine what I will do once I leave the place. Well, I will be here for a long time, considering what I did, but just thinking about leaving this Dome seems surreal. “We were placed at a decent area.”

  “I heard that other sections have to deal with fights and bombings and whatever, but here, you don’t hear much.”

  No, we don’t. It’s comforting, but within that comfort, I can’t help but get uneasy. Nothing can ever be too peaceful especially in a place like this.

  “I’ve noticed Young Master and you have been spending more time with each other,” Zelo comments.

  “I guess you can say that.”

  “Don’t deny it. You know more about Young Master than I do.” He forces a chuckle and scratches the back of his head. “I’m kinda jealous, actually. You haven’t been here that long and yet Young Master trusts you enough with all his secrets.”

  “It’s more like I’m too stubborn to just let him get away with what he wants,” I confess. “But you know, I think Daehyun prefers being with you more than me.”

  “Why do you say that?”

  I grin. I think it’s obvious. “Well, first of all, you do what Daehyun tells you to do without complaint and you don’t get annoyed by him as much as I do.”

  He huffs and crosses his arms over his chest. “Yes, but because of that, I never got to see what you see. And Young Master always brushes me off whenever I want to understand him.”

  I shift closer to Zelo and sit cross legged on top of the wall. I pat his head. He’s definitely taller, but he’s still younger than me and doesn’t understand the small hints Daehyun does to show affection. Daehyun was right. He wants to protect him. Who knows what Zelo will become if he learns the truth.? “Don’t think about it too much. There’s always reasons why people do what they do.” I can’t say more. It’s best if I don’t push this conversation further.

  However, Zelo continues, “I just hate being weak.”

  Everyone does, even me. That is why I promise myself that I will protect Daehyun since I couldn’t with Luca.

  “I’m tired of living in this fantasy where I imagine Daehyun as some strong figure.” This is the second time Zelo has called Daehyun by his name rather than Young Master, and like before, it comes off his tongue weirdly. “I want to be able to see what you see.”

  “It’ll take time.” Daehyun thinks he’s not ready and I think it’s for the best. I sigh and drop my head towards the Sky. “You know, I’m really tired of seeing all these pixelated Moon and Stars. They could at least make it a little bit realistic by adding constellations and stuff.” At this point, I should change the subject.

  Zelo follows up on my diversion. “I don’t really pay attention to the Stars that much. I didn’t even notice that they’re just in random places.”

  I throw my arms up. “Of course I would notice! Stars and flowers are the most beautiful things in this world!”

  He laughs. “That’s your opinion.”

  “Then, what do you find beautiful?”

  “Daehyun.” Zelo gazes at the Stars with such sad eyes. He brings his feet up on the ledge, pulls his knees close to his chest, and hugs them. Why is it that both Daehyun and Zelo appear like children in my eyes when they have this look of longing? Just what is Zelo’s story? Why is he so attached to Daehyun?

  I purse my lips. “Can’t blame you for saying that.” It’s true that I find Daehyun absolutely gorgeous, but I will never have the guts to say that outloud. In fact, I will most likely bottle up those kinds of feelings just because I’m embarrassed to even express them. “So, what was it like being with Daehyun when you first came here?”

  He smirks and looks beyond the garden. “Like I said before, I hated vampires until I came here. Young Master took me in because I had trouble finding a job. I don’t know how he knew, but he came up to me with an offer. I refused at first, but he was persistent.”

  That sounds like Daehyun.

  Zelo squints his eyes. “I don’t really remember why I decided to accept. I think it’s because he was starting to annoy me. For a while I was not happy with helping the Young Master because I thought he was a spoiled brat, but the more we visited the Bank and the more I got to know him, the less angry I became. He showed me another side of the vampires and proved that they live like we do. The main difference is they’re active at night and they need blood for survival.” He sighs. “I guess, after some time, I decided to be devoted to him. And here I am.”

  Everyone has their own stories. It’s just our choice on how we want to interpret them. “I guess it was a good thing when you ran around , huh?”

  A cloud casts over him. “Please, don’t remind me of that.”

  I laugh.

  Zelo looks at me and glares. I think he's going to scold me, but, instead, he gives me a curveball. “You’re in love with the Young Master, aren’t you?”

  My heart drops and I freeze. How can he tell? I don’t think I showed that much affection towards Daehyun. Plus, every time we’re together, Zelo isn’t usually with us. “What makes you say that?”

  “I can see it in your eyes. Just because I’m silent about it, doesn’t mean I don’t notice. I had my suspicion when we went to The Red Rose, but you confirmed it when you ran after Daehyun after he met with his father. I think that’s enough proof that you love someone.”

  I swat my hand. “I was just worried, that’s all.” I hate denying it, but I just don’t want anyone to know because this is taboo. I can’t fall in love with another vampire. Sure, I want to protect him, but actually be together with him should be out of the question.

  Zelo shakes his head. “And there’s more.”

  “Let’s not talk about this. What about you? I think you and Jongup have a thing together. I mean, it’s clear that you two are starting to get along last time we met.”

  He glares at me. “Don’t avoid the situation you’re in.”

  “I’m not in love with him, okay?”

  Zelo continues to give me a look.

  “I’m not!”

  He shakes his head and scoffs. “Whatever you say.”

  “I’m going inside.” I stand and make my way back inside the mansion.

  “Hey, wait!”

  I ignore Zelo and head to the foyer. At that moment, Daehyun enters the mansion, looking tired. I stop.

  Zelo does the same and stands next to me. He bows. “Welcome back, Young Master.”

  Daehyun smiles upon seeing us. “I’m back.” His eyes shift towards me as if expecting a greeting.

  I stiffen and say the first thing that comes up in my mind. “Hello.” Is that really all I can say? I can at least say a sarcastic remark or something, but all I say is hello? Good job, Youngjae.

  “Anything interesting happened while I was gone?” Daehyun asks as he s his shirt a bit and loosens his tie. “You two seemed in a rush to get somewhere.”

  “It’s nothing,” I in before Zelo can speak. “I just have to use the restroom.”

  “With Zelo?”

  Crap. I’m so bad at making up an alibi when under pressure.

  Zelo steps in front. “I was just making sure everyone was doing their job. We just happen to be walking at the same time.”

  “Right.” Daehyun tugs his tie further, showing a bit more skin.

  I gulp. Pull yourself together, Youngjae! Remembering that I’m supposed to be going to the bathroom, I announce, “I’ll see you for dinner, then. Bye!” I rush upstairs while slapping my cheeks. I’m such an idiot. If that wasn’t obvious enough, then I don’t know what is! What Zelo said is getting to me!


  I meet Daehyun at the dining room. Like always, he has a glass of animal blood while I’m being fed with such high quality food. He could drink my blood, but no matter how many times I suggest it, he would push me away and order L to get him a glass of animal blood.

  Now that I think about it, at least I won’t have anymore bruises on my neck.

  As I’m eating, Daehyun sits there, watching me.

  “What?” I ask with my mouth full. I swallow and around my mouth. “Is there something on my face?”

  He shakes his head. No. You just eat like a pig.”

  I glare at him. Raising my fork, I pretend to poke his eyes out. “I'm hungry, so I don't care.” Plus, I'm a little nervous ever since Zelo told me he noticed that I have fallen for him. Does that mean other people did, too?

  “You know, you can sleep next to me again if you want. You were so cute, cuddling next to me.”

  I blush. Now I really want to poke his eyes out, but then I won't be able to stare into those beautiful eyes. I puff up my cheeks. “Hell no. I only did that because… because I had a nightmare.”

  “So? That doesn't mean you can't sleep next to me again. My bed is always open.”

  “Oh, shut up. You're only saying that because it'll boost your pride if I give in. Well, let me tell you, Jung Daehyun, I won't give in.”

  He takes a sip from his glass and leans back in his chair. As he swirls the remaining contents, he gives me that same smug look. “Sure. You always say that, but next thing I know, you come running next to me. I'm not bad company and it's not like I'm going to do anything while you sleep. Unless you want me to.”

  My cheeks flush. He needs to stop teasing me. No matter how many times I find out about his weaknesses and no matter how many times we share intimate moments, he still has the guts to tease me like this. It makes me wonder what he actually thinks about me. He treats me different from the other Dolls, which I'm perfectly fine with, but does he think of me the same way as I do or just someone he feels he needs to take care of. I stuff a piece of meat in my mouth. “I'm not going to sleep with you again,” I repeat with a full mouth. I chew and swallow before pointing the fork at him. “I don't care what you say, but I won't trust you.”

  “Why not? I didn't do anything last time. All I did was hold you. It was nice because you felt so warm.”

  This time my body heats up. “Sh-shut up.” Damn. It's so hard acting cool now. Before I could easily reject him without burning like a tomato.

  Daehyun sets his glass down and leans forward, towards me. That playful smirk is on his lips. “Why are you burning up so much? Are you thinking of something erted?”

  “Wha- No!” I shout. This time I really did jab my fork at him.

  He evades it and laughs. “I'm just kidding! You really do take everything seriously. You should understand that I always mess with you like this, but then I'm always entertained by your reactions. So just keep doing what you're doing.”

  I pout.

  He pokes my bottom lip with his gloves hands. “You're really the strangest human being I ever met.”

  I swat his hand away. “And you're still the strangest vampire I've ever met!”

  Daehyun laughs. It slowly fades. The same finger he poked me with trails down my neck and his eyes stare at the bare skin. There's some kind of longing in his eyes, but he doesn't take a step further. I know he wants to bite me. Why doesn't he do it?

  “What's wrong?” I ask in a hushed tone. I want him to touch me more, but I know these thoughts are inappropriate. Daehyun and I can never be more than just what we are now. It will be best if I resist him from biting me or else I'll fall in too deep.

  Daehyun pulls his hand away. “Nothing.” He raises his glass and gulps the rest of it before standing from his seat. The seat scratches against the ground, causing a shiver to run up my spine. “Make sure you tell L or Zelo when you're finished so someone can clean up the table. I'm going back to my room.”

  “O-Okay.”

  I watch Daehyun go. Just what is going on in his mind? We know so much about each other, but we know nothing about what each other is thinking. Deep down, I want him. I want him to touch me. I want him to hold me, to bite me. Hell, I even want him to kiss me. But I don't know if he wants anything like that.

  Suddenly, I don’t have an appetite and drop everything on my plate. I get up and tell L that I’m done with my food. He tells me he will ask someone to take care of it as he’s meal prepping for tomorrow. With a slight bow, I head back to my room, a bit sluggish. My mood suddenly drops as I’m thinking about Daehyun. Really, what does he think about me?

  His door is shut, but I’m compelled to see him. I step in front of his door with my knuckles up, but I don’t knock. Instead, I place my hand and ear on the wood and listen. There’s nothing coming from the other side. He must be sleeping.

  I don’t back away. My hand on the door slides down to the doorknob. If he’s asleep, I won’t bother him, but if he’s awake… If he’s awake… I don’t know what I’ll do. Bracing myself, I turn the knob and slowly open the door, hearing the slight creak from the somewhat rusty hinges.

  There, I see Jung Daehyun in his bed, wrapped up in his covers. His eyes are wide open and he stares at me.

  It feels like I’m in some horror movie because the light from the candle casts a shadow on him, making his dark eyes piercing. I step inside. “Uhm.” What am I doing here?

  Daehyun continues to stare at me without a word.

  “Goodnight.” Good job Youngjae.

  He sits up, letting the covers slide off him. For some reason, he’s not wearing a shirt, clearly showing his bare upper body to me. I blush and force myself to look away. What the hell, Daehyun? Why are you half on the night that I come to visit? You were always wearing a shirt, so why now while my heart is unsettled.

  “Goodnight, Youngjae,” Daehyun utters.

  I take a step back. My eyes glance at Daehyun. He just seems so perfect in this lighting. Every muscle and every vein is clearly shown even under this candlelight. His chest heaves up and down, rhythmically as he breathes and his stomach tightens as he settles himself up to a sitting position. My body gets hot and something down below begins to tighten my pants.

  All this admiration is ruined when he gives me that usual smirk. “Are you sure you don’t want to sleep next to me?”

  “No!” I shout and immediately flee the scene before Daehyun can notice. I even slam the door behind me, probably waking up everyone in the mansion. I run into my room and close the door. My heart is pounding as if I just ran a marathon and my emotions go flying. What is going on with me? Are these bottled up feelings starting to pour out all at once? I can’t let him notice what I actually feel about him. I just can’t.

  I quickly change into pajamas and jump into bed, burying my head into my pillow. I slam a fist on my mattress and let out a muffled scream. The image of Daehyun lying half flashes before my eyes. That same uncomfortable feeling courses through me and I roll over. I need to get that out of my head! I won’t be able to sleep if I keep reminding myself of Daehyun’s perfect body.

  I keep rolling around, hoping that will help. It doesn’t.

  “Ugh.” I find myself lying on my back and staring at the ceiling. Oh how I just want to touch that body of his. I bet it will feel great rubbing my hand along his- No, Youngjae. Control yourself.

  I shut my eyes tight and distract myself with rainbows and unicorns, but that doesn’t work for long. For some reason those rainbows and unicorns switch to Daehyun and him lying on top of me.

  “,” I mutter and get that strange feeling again down below. No. No, Youngjae. You need to stop thinking about him. I slap myself, but that doesn’t help. I roll on my stomach and groan as I accidentally rub myself against the covers. Should I take care of this now? I reach down and underneath my pants.


Author's Note:

  Sorry for all my innocent readers out there. >.< I may have gotten a bit carried away haha. Hope you liked it! (I didn't get to edit this, so I hope there aren't that many mistakes)

With Love,

  LokiCraze123