Outro

REPLY 2012
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 62: Outro

 

2037

 

"Doesn't it funny to hear that Hyunbin still calling Jonghyun as ahbeoji?" Dongho started the conversation as soon as they gathered in a living room.

"Why? He's literally Jonghyun's son." Minki commented.

"Yah! He's my blood related son." Minhyun protested.

Hanna came to join the teasing as she served drinks for Jonghyun and her husband, "Oh really?"

"Hanna, you don't join them to tease me in front of our kids." Minhyun told Hanna.

"Why not?” Hanna responded fast as she sat next to her husband. “I still remembered clearly how you give me hard times by leaving to military while I'm struggling with my pregnancy. Jonghyun even was the one who accompanied me when I'm giving birth."

"He was only waiting outside the delivery room!" Minhyun protested again.

"But he was there, not like you." Hanna was persistent in teasing her husband. "Oh, he also held baby Hyunbin before you, what would you say to me again?"

Minhyun rolled his eyes. "Woah, seriously, it was 20 years ago. You still holding grudge at me?” He poked his son as he said, “Hyunbin ah, see your mom still angry at me."

Hyunbin could only laugh.

Finally Jonghyun had to speak up, "Stop teasing Minhyun, you all.. It happened because I did my co-assistant in that hospital."

"Doctor Kim, you're my best best friend!" Minhyun was directly giving Jonghyun thumbs up.

And it made them all laughing.

"But seriously, seeing your interaction always got me smiling. The three of you." Dongho commented.

Minki replied, "Yes, they got through such a rollercoaster ride when they were teens."

"Hey, don't start talking about it, again." Minhyun told Minki and Dongho. He then told his sons, "Kids, just go to your room, the adults needed to talk about serious things."

Dongho laughed, "Why'd you send your kids away? Are you embarrassed?"

Minhyun ignored Dongho and told his sons. "Just go, kids.."

Hyunbin then got up and bow to the adults. Then he tapped his little brother’s shoulder to follow him. "Let’s go, Byeongie.."

Seonho actually didn’t want to leave, but since his older brother has asked him to, he had no other option to follow him.

 

After the kids went to their room, Minhyun told Dongho and Minki, "Don't talk about it in front of Seonho, he's my biggest fans, I don't want him to look down on me after knowing the story."

Jonghyun chuckled. "Why? In the end you win."

Minhyun frowned, "I didn't feel like I'm winning by the way."

"Yah! Just sleep outside tonight!" Hanna directly responded by hitting her husband’s arm softly.

Dongho laughed again, "See? It's always amusing me to see how drama you three."

Hanna, Minhyun, and Jonghyun were laughing.

"Fortunately we got the happy ending, right, Dongho ya? Could you imagine, what would happen to us if they didn't get back as friends?" asked Minki.

"Yes, it would be Hanna's fault." Minhyun simply responded.

And it got Hanna chuckling, "Me? Okay, I'll take all the blame."

"Ah, I miss that year. Everything seems so exciting and free." Minki said as he was reminiscing his teen days.

"Yes, if I was asked, I will go back to that time again with you all." Said Dongho firmly.

"Let's go back to 2012!"

 

Flashback.

2012.

 

"I'm sorry, Nyeon, I'm sorry I just realized it."

Hanna could hear him asking, “R-realized? Realizing what?”

Hanna said it soft but firm, "I like you. I like you, too, Hwang Minhyun."

"W-what?" Minhyun was beyond surprised. He even stuttered, "B-but? how about Jo--? Hanna, are you serious??"

Hanna then pulled apart from the hug. "If you don't want to believe it then don't." She said it shortly and left while hiding her smile.

"Yaah, say it again!" Minhyun ran to catch her.

"No."

"Come on, say it again!"

"Nooo.."

 

Few meters from the spot Hanna and Minhyun were running around, Aaron and Sujin were looking at them. Aaron commented, "Geez, look at them, Sujin ah.. The fools finally being together."

Sujin said shortly, "Yes.." But then she turned to see Aaron who was holding Mel in his arm and smiled. We’re too.

This twilight was witnessing how the feelings that apart become one again.

 

[Scene of Hanna running around with Minhyun at the beach and Sujin looking at Aaron with Mel while smiling]

#BGM: Nuest – bickering

 

-00-

 

Since the sky was getting darker and there might be jammed in their way back to Seoul, Sujin asked Hanna and Aaron to sleepover.

At first, Aaron refused. But since Minhyun also supported his noona’s idea, then Aaron agreed.

Hanna and Aaron were then having dinner with Hwang siblings. They ate kimchi stew and fried eggs that Sujin cooked. They talked about many things but the reason of Hanna and Aaron coming to Busan. None of them are brave enough to touch that topics.

As night progressing, they finally decided to sleep. Aaron sleep with Minhyun, Hanna sleep with Sujin.

 

Sujin then lend Hanna her loose T-shirt and short, as Hanna came to Busan basically without bringing nothing.

 

As they were lying on the bed, Sujin asked, "Hanna, are you already feeling sleepy?"

"Ah, no, unnie." Hanna answered fast.

Sujin turned to see Hanna and asked, "Then you should tell me what's going on until you came here like this.”

Hanna could only grin. Actually she felt embarrassed to tell Sujin about her love triangle drama.

But Sujin persuaded more, “Aaron Oppa and I deliberately didn't touch that topic in the dinner for you not to feel awkward in front of Minhyun."

"Ah, thanks, unnie."

Sujin then smiled before turning her body and looking at the ceiling. "I actually also senses that you like Minhyun."

Hanna was surprised, "Really? Why does everyone can sense it but me?"

Sujin laughed. “Maybe because you’re too obsessed with your first love.”

Hanna was silent. Could it be? Could it be the reason I was feeling happy when Jonghyun confessed to me but losing that feeling afterwards?

"Sometimes Aaron oppa and I talk about you, Hanna." Sujin told Hanna.

"Aish, Oppa must have talked bad things about me, right?"

Sujin chuckled. "No.. Your oppa might seem always teasing you, Hanna.. But he really cares with you."

Hanna nodded slowly. Yeah, I know. If he didn’t care with me, then I won’t be right here, right now.

Sujin was then saying something that surprise Hanna, "Actually I want to thank you, Hanna."

Hanna frowned, "Why? Why does people like to thank me?"

Sujin turned to see Hanna and said, "Because you have given me chance to know Minhyun more."

"Uhm?" Hanna was confused.

Sujin was looking back at the ceiling, "You know that my relationship with Minhyun was a bit awkward. Really different with you and Aaron oppa. That's why I really adore your siblings’ interaction."

Hanna stared at Sujin who was staring at the ceiling. Minhyun ever told me about this. But this is the first time Sujin unnie open up like this.

Sujin continued, "As I only a year older than Minhyun, I felt that Minhyun took all of my parent's attention from me. I was kinda jealous." She chuckled softly before continuing, "Moreover he often get sick. After finding out that Minhyun has salt allergy, my parents started to think to move out from Busan. But I disliked the idea. I love Busan. I love beach. I love sea. I love watching birds flying at the sky in accompany of the breeze and the sound of wave." Sujin smiled as she explained how she love Busan.

But then she drooped. "When they offered me to move, I declined it firmly. I asked them to stay. But they have no other option, they needed to settle things for Minhyun. So as I reached 7 years old, as I was old enough to go to elementary school, my parents asked me again whether I want to follow them to Seoul or not. But I chose to stay. In the end, I chose to live with my grandma. But silently I resented Minhyun because of it. I used to think that he took my parents from me.”

Minhyun also think the same, unnie. He thought that you dislike him because of it. Hanna said in her mind.

"So after my grandma passed away, I didn't have another option but to move to Seoul. At the beginning, I was really cold to Minhyun. But looking at how you interact with Aaron oppa warmed my heart. I wanted to have that kind of siblings’ relationship too with Minhyun. And moreover when I found out that my parents even left Minhyun to another family, to your family when they needed to settle the chicken shop, I realized that I was jealous for nothing. Minhyun never intended to take my parents from me."

Hanna smiled.

"But no matter how I tried to melt the awkwardness between me and Minhyun, you might still see it, right, Hanna?” She turned to ask Hanna and smiled, “But it was all disappeared few days ago. I was already surprised to hear that he wanted to come with me to Busan. But I was more surprised to see him cry in front of me. He broke down in front of me, Hanna."

"Broke down? T-that's because of me??" Hanna carefully asked.

Sujin nodded. "He told me everything. Maybe it sounded bad, but I'm glad that you've hurt him, Hanna. So that I have a chance to console him and being closer to him."

Both Sujin and Hanna chuckled.

Sujin continued, "So we can open up…. He told me his secret, and I told him my secret." Sujin turned at Hanna and said,  "Maybe I should also tell you, Hanna.."

"Uhm?"

"I broke up with Aaron oppa." Sujin told Hanna soft but firm.

It surprised Hanna. "W-what?? S-since when?"

"Since the night before Uncle Kim pass away."

Aaah. That was the time, Hanna rarely seen Aaron in the house. "B-but.. may I know the reason why?"

Sujin took a deep breath before telling Hanna, "Because it will be better if we stay as friends.” Sujin smiled bitterly before explaining more, “No. Actually it's more because I'm tired.”

Tired? Hanna asked in her mind.

“I'm a pretty possessive person, Hanna. You know what I've been through with my family, right? It turned out making me a possessive person. I'm afraid the person I love will leave me. I'm afraid he left, so I unknowingly tied him with me. And you know yourself that Aaron oppa is free-spirited. He has many friends. And he is also very loyal to his friends no matter man or woman. Soyeon ssi, Hyerin ssi, Amber. If they ask for help, oppa will work it out. I don’t like it, he's mine. Aaron oppa is mine. But oppa cannot understand my fear. He repeatedly told me to believe him, that there's only me in his heart. But it’s hard for me, Hanna.”

So that’s the reason they fought in the alley back then. Hanna said in her mind.

“Oppa even tried to introduce me to his circle but I cannot blend with them. I'm not a person who can easily be friends, you know that, right? So day by day I'm getting tired of our relationship. So finally I asked to break up." There was clearly seen a glimpse of sadness when she said it.

Hanna carefully asked, "And he said yes?"

Sujin shook her head. "No. He firmly refused to break up. Even the day after, the morning when Uncle Kim pass away, he asked to meet me again. He begged me, he tried to convince me, that he really liked me and didn't want it to end. But I have made my decision. It's the best for us." Sujin paused to sigh. "So we separated ways that time, but had to meet again in the hospital as we both came to see Uncle Kim’s condition."

"And after that Soyeon unnie came.." Hanna said.

"Yes, Soyeon ssi.." Sujin nodded as she smiled bitterly. "I know that he ever had crush on her. I know that they only friends because Soyeon ssi asked him a favor to taking care Jonghyun. I know, but I didn’t know that I would be really jealous when seeing her right in front of my face. As I looked at how care Oppa with her, I felt burning. I felt really jealous, Hanna. But at the same time I had to remind myself that he's no longer mine. I don't have any rights to be jealous."

It reminded Hanna to the time Uncle Kim pass away, how awkward it must be for Sujin to see Aaron really close with Soyeon.

"And as I think about it. The reason why I loved Oppa is because he cares. He looked ignorant, but he actually really cares, Hanna, if you know." There was clearly seen that Sujin still admire Aaron.

"Do you still like him, unnie?" Hanna asked carefully.

Sujin was silent for a moment, before taking breath to answer, "I do still have a feeling for him, Hanna. That's why I created a distance for the past week, so I didn't fall for him again. But I was surprised to see him coming here with you." Sujin then turned to see Hanna, "We've talked, Hanna. And he told me that he came here to erase the distance, he wanted me back as friend." Sujin smiled.

"I'm sorry unnie, in my brother behalf."

"Hey, no need to apologize.. I had good times with him, Hanna. I don't have any regrets to like him." Sujin told Hanna firmly. "So, you shouldn't also feel guilty to Jonghyun. I guess he didn't have regrets to like you."

Hanna smiled and nodded.

"As I think about it, triangle love story always come to us, Hwang-Kwak-Kim. But I'm happy that my little brother win it this time." said Sujin.

Hanna laughed.

Sujin then caressed Hanna’s hair softly as she said, "Then good night, my sister in law."

"Mwoya, unnie.." Hanna laughed shyly.

 

-00-

 

At the daybreak, when the sun started to rise, Hanna went out to the beach.

Aaah, it’s really nice. Guess

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter