Why

REPLY 2012
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 34: Why

 

"You should have known, this character of yours that makes me take that decision."

Minhyun was sitting on the edge of his bed, still thinking about what Jonghyun was saying at the park.

"Just take care of your own feelings!”

Minhyun sighed. “Does he know that I like Hanna?”

“Then he deliberately let go of her for me?” Just imagining that kind of reason made Minhyun’s blood boiling. “What the hell are you doing, Kim Jonghyun!! Why’d you have to be so selfless?!”

He covered his face in frustration. “Seriously Hwang Minhyun, what will you do now??!!”

 

 

At the same time in a different place, Jonghyun was also thinking what had happened. “Why does he need to tell me to like her back? Seriously, how could he ask me that?!” Just thinking about that kind of action made Jonghyun’s blood boiling.

“Why does he need to show me his huge love for Hanna? Why is he always making me so small? Why’d he even make me feel that I don’t deserve to take Hanna’s heart?”

Jonghyun was also covering his face in frustration. “You shouldn’t have to do that, Minhyun ah.. I know my place..”

 

[the picture of both Minhyun and Jonghyun in each of their rooms, covering their faces]

 

-00-

 

Night passed, Morning comes. It was already Friday. The day when the students feel a bit more energetic, because soon they will meet the weekend. But those energetic feeling didn’t apply to some specific students. Both Jonghyun and Minhyun were in silence since their first meeting after what happened last night. They still went to school together, sitting in class next to each other, but no words come out.

When they were having lunch together, both of them still chose to silent, but Minhyun couldn’t take his eyes off Jonghyun. He wanted to observe how Jonghyun act in front of Hanna, whether he really doesn’t have any feeling for Hanna like what he said, or he was just lying.

But Jonghyun kept avoiding Hanna’s stare, he kept bending his head down all the time. Minhyun cursed Jonghyun for not knowing that sometimes Hanna steal glance at him. Worry was seen in her face. Minhyun knew Hanna worrying Jonghyun so much. And he didn’t like it. He didn’t like the fact that Hanna has to worry about the guy who is hurting her. Someone who is stupidly being selfless in a wrong situation.

“Minhyun ah, Jonghyun won’t go anywhere, so stop looking at him the whole time?” Namjoo’s words distracted Minhyun.

But he was calm enough to reply, “No. Who knows he will run away again.”

Listened to that, Jonghyun stopped eating. He put down his spoon and glared at Minhyun. “Don’t judge me with your own narrow perspective. This is how I solved the problem.”

“P-problem?” Namjoo was confused.

Both of them were staring at each other for a moment, until Minhyun got up, “I lose my appetite..”

As Minhyun leaving, Jonghyun was also taking his napkin and getting up. “I’m done.”

“What’s wrong with them?” Namjoo directly asked as they left.

Minki added the question. “What’s the problem they were talking about?”

“Is it about math problem?” Daniel tried to answer. “I heard from Jaehwan that they had a Math test this morning.”

With Daniel’s answer, Daehwi nodded. “Aaaah, so it’s about math problems.. Surely, geniuses are different.”

“But, is that means Jonghyun hyung cheating?” Daniel asked unexpected question and he got yelled by Dongho.

“Ya, Jonghyun won’t ever do that!”

When the others were busy speculating what actually Jonghyun and Minhyun mean in their bickering, Hanna was also doing the same in her mind.

Run away again?

How he solve the problem?

Hanna was confused. She was actually quite surprise with what has just happened. Jonghyun and Minhyun are really close, and they were both in mature type, not like Dongho and Minki who always bicker. So looking at how intense their stares and arguments to each other made Hanna curious. What are they actually talking about?

 

-00-

 

Minhyun was trying to hold his emotion. He was mad at Jonghyun. He was mad by his stubbornness of keeping his decision. In the other point of view, Jonghyun was also trying so hard to calm. He was mad at Minhyun for insisting something so foolish. For insisting something he wouldn’t ever do.

So when the bell rang, signing that the day class was over, Jonghyun was beyond grateful. He was enough with this frustrating situation with Minhyun, so he packed his books fast and went out the class without saying anything.

But Minhyun wouldn’t just let him go. He couldn’t hold it anymore.

So he ran to catch Jonghyun.

 

Jonghyun walked fast enough for Minhyun to catch him even until the school gate.

"Kim Jonghyun, we need to talk." Minhyun grabbed Jonghyun’s arm and made him turn.

Jonghyun rolled his eyes. "What else would you say? Wasn’t last night clear? "

"You. You shouldn’t have made such a decision, Kim Jonghyun. Your decision is wrong." Minhyun told Jonghyun firmly.

Jonghyun scoffed, "I told you to just mind your own business."

"This is my business as well! There's me in your decision." Minhyun replied fast and firm. "Stop being so selfless. I’m not gonna thank you for that.”

But that made Jonghyun chuckle. “Selfless, huh? Doesn’t it suit you more? Tell me, what are you doing right now?”

“It’s different. She likes you, not me.” Minhyun told him firmly, before asking him a question, “Don’t you realize, that your decision is actually hurting us all. If you make a different decision, it’s only me who will be hurt, and that's better."

"You really??!” Listening to what Minhyun saying, Jonghyun just couldn’t hold it anymore, he threw a punch to Minhyun’s face. "Do I need to beat you to wake you up?!"

Minhyun didn’t want to lose, he was also flying a punch to Jonghyun. "You're the one who supposed to be beaten up to make you realize that your decision is wrong!"

Jonghyun might have given Minhyun his second punch, if Dongho and Daniel weren’t coming to separate them.

“Ya.. yaaa what are doing guys??” Dongho asked as he held Jonghyun’s body, while Daniel held Minhyun’s.

“Stop insisting what you want! I won’t ever do that!” Jonghyun screamed at Minhyun. Then he shoved Dongho’s grab on him as he walked closer to Minhyun. “You want her happiness, right? Then, you better stop. If she know what you’re doing right now, she won’t be happy.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter