Naive

REPLY 2012
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 58: Naive

 

Wednesday morning, Dobong-dong kids went to school together again. Hanna has adjusted the time with Jonghyun's coming out from Minki's house, so she didn’t have to get caught in an uncomfortable situation with Minhyun. But fate loved to play with them. Because in the bus, circumstances forced Minhyun to sit next to Hanna. Knowing Minhyun sat beside her, Hanna's hand instantly sweated. She was very nervous. Her heart was pounding. What's wrong with you Hanna? He's just Minhyun! Calm down!

 

They studied as usual and at the first break, Jonghyun invited Minhyun to go to the library to borrow the book that the English Teacher asked for review. However, once they got the book and went to the book rent counter, Minhyun confused where his student card is.

"You lost your student card?" Jonghyun asked.

"Yeah .. I usually keep it in my wallet, but it’s not there.." Suddenly he remembered that his card was with Hanna when they wanted to buy zoo discounted tickets. Hish.

"Just use my card to borrow two books." Jonghyun then handed out his card to borrow Minhyun's book.

“Thanks.” Minhyun said shortly.

After getting the books, Jonghyun told Minhyun. "Just remember where you left it last time, and if you still didn’t remember it, I think you should report it to the school and make the new one."

"Yeah .." Minhyun replied shortly when actually in his mind he said, My card is with your beloved girlfriend, Jonghyun ah. Hish, how do I ask for it?

 

Arriving at lunch, Ong was so happy to join the kids. And the topic Ong brought up is always about the new couple, Jong-Han.

"What have you been doing as lovers?" asked Ong with teasing tone.

Not Hanna or Jonghyun, but Daehwi was the one who protested. "Huh? What kind of question is that?"

"They're dating just three days." Daniel also protested with Ong’s question.

Ong defended himself with saying, "I kissed my girlfriend right away when I confessed my feelings."

"Well, you're crazy!" Dongho shook his head.

"Hanna, how does Jonghyun express his feelings to you? I wonder how our School Representative confess his feeling." Ong suddenly asking Hanna.

And Hanna was suddenly nervous. Not because she was embarrassed to remember how Jonghyun confessed to her, but she remembered that night. The night when Minhyun kissed her lips. Hanna reflexed shaking her head, trying to get rid of the thought.

"Woah, Hanna, you're really not fun! Spill a little.." Ong insisted.

Jonghyun came to help Hanna. "Don’t force her.. I don’t confess in a special way, I just gave her flower."

"Giving her flower? Woah, I don’t know Kim Jonghyun could be that romantic!" Ong was amazed.

"Mmm.. I’m not quite sure if it can be called romantic." Jonghyun chuckled.

Trying to make up for her mistake, Hanna commented, "It's romantic! I think it's very romantic, Jonghyun ah.. I've never got a flower from a guy before, so getting it from you makes me very happy." Hanna ended it with a smile to Jonghyun.

And it made the kids harmonically responded, “Ommooooo .. "

Meanwhile Minhyun could only smile bitterly.

Dongho was the one who protested. "Yaa, did you forget, we all gave you flowers during your junior high school graduation? Dare to speak you never get a flower from guys.."

"Woah, Kang Dongho .. of course it's different!” Ong snapped Dongho. “She got it from the person she likes.. You can comment once you tried dating."

"Yaa, Ong Seungwoo, wanna die??!”

Minki heave a heavy sigh. "Can’t we have a good quiet lunch?"

That made the kids became quiet, but it was only for a couple of seconds. Because then Daehwi started another conversation, "Oh, Minhyun hyung .. how about your improvement with Jisoo noona?"

Daehwi’s question made Ong clapped his hands. "Ah! Right! I haven’t get the updates for long.. How is it, Minhyun ah?"

Minhyun paused for a moment before answering, "I give up."

That answer got everyone shocked. "Huh?? Why??”

Still didn’t look up, Minhyun answered, "Timing .. I never got the right timing."

Listened to Minhyun’s answer, both Hanna aand Jonghyun were silent. They felt like Minhyun’s answer was more to Hanna and not to Jisoo.

Ong then gave his Casanova remarks. "You think too much.. If you like her, then just confess. If she accepted your feeling then good. But if not, then just go get another girl!”

Namjoo directly commented, "Woah, you're seriously a Playboy."

"Am I wrong?? I mean, love itself is already complicated why should we make it more complicated with our action?" Ong the Casanova started giving his lecture.

The kids were rolling their eyes, except Minhyun. He only chuckled with asking himself in his mind, Why should my love life complicated? Minhyun smiled bitterly.

 

At the break time of the day class to night class, Hanna and Namjoo went to the library to borrow books for English task review. Arriving at the counter, Hanna pulled out the card from her wallet and gave it to the librarian.

But he was shocked. "Oh, this is Minhyun’s."

Hanna was more shocked than the librarian. "Huh??"

"Yeah, it’s Minhyun’s.” The librarian showed the card to Hanna and asked, “Where's your card?"

Seems wanting to add the confusion, Namjoo asked Hanna, "How is Minhyun's card in your hand, Hanna?"

Didn’t wait for Hanna to respond, the librarian told them, "Yeah, Minhyun wanted to borrow a book this morning but he couldn’t find his card."

You fool, Hanna! Hanna hit her head for her carelessness for not giving Minhyun’s card back at that time. She grinned at the librarian as she gave him her own card. "Ah .. yes, I’m sorry .. this is my card."

 

Upon returning from the library, Hanna wanted to return Minhyun’s card but when passing class 3A, Minhyun was sitting with Jonghyun. Hanna didn’t know how to explain it to Jonghyun when she returns Minhyun's card. So, she postponed her intention.

 

When they went home together, Hanna was actually also looking for time to return the card to Minhyun but she was confused how to do it. Even until the end, Hanna still couldn’t return the card.

 

As she reached her room, Hanna plopped her body on the bed and staring at Minhyun's student card in her hand. Hanna took a deep breath, thinking, Supposedly if I want to return Minhyun’s card then I could just give it back. Why should I hesitate? After all, the kids have known that Minhyun and I ever went to the zoo to accompany Grace. So it shouldn’t matter.

But somehow, Hanna didn’t want Jonghyun to remember it. Hanna didn’t want Jonghyun to ask about that day, because that day is actually Hanna's special day with Minhyun.

Hanna then remembered the times they spent together at the zoo. How Minhyun acted like Grace’s father and Hanna as her mother. Hanna also recalled how she asked Minhyun to go out a second time without Grace. God, what did I do that day? Am I really crazy??

Hanna sighed again, Why now can it be like this?

Is the timing Minhyun refer to this afternoon about me? Not about Jisoo?

Ah, meolla!

I already have a boyfriend. Yes, Kim Jonghyun, my first love. I love him. I love him so much!

Hanna told herself firmly.

But then she remembered Minhyun again. Besides, Why Minhyun is really stupid?? Didn’t we meet at lunch?? Why didn’t he ask for the card from me? Hish ...

 

-00-

 

Morning came and Hanna was determined to return Minhyun’s card because she knew he would need it for English task. But it was still difficult for Hanna to do what she wanted. She still didn't know how to give the card back to Minhyun in front of Jonghyun. Until finally she found another method.

During the second lesson Hanna sent a message to Minhyun.

In the next class, Minhyun was surprised to get a notification message from Hanna. It's been a few days, he and Hanna not even talk to each other. Why’d she suddenly send a message?

Minhyun quietly read the message from Hanna.

 

Minhyun ah, can you get out of class now?

Just for a moment, meet me near the toilet.

 

If getting a message from Hanna alone was able to make him surprised, after reading the contents, Minhyun was startled. What does she want to see me?

But without thinking, Minhyun raised his hand as he asked the teacher, "Saem, may I go to the toilet?"

Jonghyun who sat next to Minhyun frowned. It was unusual for Minhyun to take a leave to the toilet this early morning. But he didn’t say anything, because Minhyun had gone away immediately when the teacher gave him permission.

 

Minhyun walked to the location Hanna told him to come. And there, Hanna was standing, leaning against the wall, eyes staring on the ground.

She just looked up when Minhyun was approaching.

"Oh, you've come .." She was surprised to see Minhyun.

Minhyun tried to maintain his cold expression. "What’s wrong?"

"Mmm .. I want to give it back to you.." Hanna answered as she handed the card back to the owner.

"Aaah.." Minhyun just understood Hanna’s intention, then he took the card from Hanna.

"Sorry I can only return it now .." Hanna said it softly without looking at Minhyun’s eyes.

Minhyun also couldn’t look at Hanna while replying, "It’s okay.."

There was a silent for a moment. None of them brave to talk and none of them wanted to leave.

Until Hanna said, "Minhyun ah .. I’m sorry."

Listening to what Hanna saying, Minhyun looked up. He asked, "This time, sorry for what?"

Hanna couldn’t say anything than "Just because .."

Didn’t want Minhyun to ask her more, Hanna made a light bow while saying, "then, excuse me."

To stop Hanna from leaving, Minhyun grabbed her hand. "Hanna .."

Hanna was surprised by Minhyun action.

Moreover when Minhyun saying, "If you don’t have any feelings for me, you don’t need to avoid my gaze. You don’t need to feel guilty."

Hanna was stunned. Eyes locked in Minhyun’s stare.

And it was like not enough, Minhyun even added, “And you don’t actually need to return this card to me behind Jonghyun’s back. You seriously don’t have to.”

Hanna couldn’t believe Minhyun could say that words to her.

Minhyun then let go of her hand as he said, “Let's go back to the class. "

But Hanna was still standing nervously, still couldn’t believe that Minhyun have said. How could you---?

 

-00-

 

At lunch, Ong came to eat with the kids again and it got Minki commented, "Why are you eating with us again? Where are your Social friends?"

"They're there..” Ong simply pointed out Taehwan and his group, then he continued, “I just want to eat here with you all .. It’s more exciting .. Why? Can’t I? I'm your friend too..."

Looking at Ong sulking like a little kid, Jonghyun replied. "Yes, yes .. surely you can join us, Seungwoo yaa .."

With that, Ong smiled broadly while giving Jonghyun a thumb up. "Kim Jonghyun, you're my favorite!"

The kids could only shake their heads to see Ong’s behavior.

But with him in the group, it got more cheerful. He always have something to talk about. And this time, he brought up about summer holiday that will start next week. "Well, have you made plans for summer vacation?"

"Not yet .. I guess from all of us, it’s only Jonghyun hyung who have a clear plan." Answered Daehwi.

Dongho protested, "I have a plan too!"

"Yes, practicing Kendo with Master Bumzu, right? We all know that.. It's actually your daily agenda." replied Namjoo.

"That's a holiday plan too .." Dongho insisted.

But suddenly Jonghyun said something, "Ah, I just remember!" He looked at Hanna and told her, "Hanna ya, last night mom asked me to go to Japan before the internship. So...." Jonghyun couldn’t finish his words.

But Hanna understood his meaning, "Ah, I see.. When will you go to Japan?"

"Maybe next we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter