Instagram (DoSom)

I.O.I Ships
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: LONG CHAPTER AHEAD!! :D This idea was adapted by this Jensoo fanfic called "Nothing Special" :) any of you guys ship Jensoo? :> Well, that aside, hope you guys enjoy this longer Dosom chapter :D pls leave a comment!

 

 

It was a normal day, Doyeon just came back from university and she just finished  skyping her friend Sohye. Sohye was a little older than her and gave her good advice for university. And maybe a few tricks on how to text during lectures and not get caught.

 

Just like any other day, Doyeon plopped on her bed after showering and picked up her phone, fingers automatically tapping on the rainbow coloured app.

 

Doyeon scrolled through her feed, reading some of her friend’s Instagram stories and occasionally laughing when someone does something dumb, which was most of the time.

 

A new indication came up and she saw that this person, “somsomi0309” followed her. Doyeon’s account was on public so that person could immediately follow her.

 

Doyeon shrugged and continued scrolling through her Instagram feed. She has nothing better to do right?

 

Wrong.

 

And Doyeon just realised that when her phone started ringing and the screen lit up with the bolded word “Yoodaeng”.

 

A smile immediately worked its way up to Doyeon’s face as she clicked the “answer” button.

 

“Eyyyyy!” A loud shout could be heard from the other side just as Doyeon answered the call.

 

Doyeon chuckled before replying with her own “eyy!” Before asking, “What's up Yoojung? How's idol school?”

 

She heard Yoojung sigh dramatically and she could already imagine the smaller girl huffing and pouting. “It's tiring. But fun.”

 

Doyeon nodded, part of her forgetting that there was no way for Yoojung to see her. “Anyone cute?” Doyeon asked while wiggling her eyebrows.

 

Both Yoojung and Doyeon knew each other’s uality, and it was actually very surprising that they didn't get together yet. Best friends for six years, both slightly curved even though the number of guys lining up for them couldn't be counted, it was really surprising that none of them felt that way for the other. Yet in another point of view, being best friends were very good too. And Doyeon’s type wasn't Yoojung and vice versa.

 

“Hmm yeah… I think there was this one idol training with me who's quite cute. I think she's younger than us, ugh! I forgot her name! Stupid Yoojung.” Yoojung said the last line softly but loud enough for Doyeon to hear.

 

“Hmm, I'm going to guess that she's taller than you, given the fact that you are a hundred and fifty nine centimeters.” Doyeon smirked.

 

“Aish, but yeah she's taller than me you idiot. And she seems like your type.” Yoojung huffed.

 

“Oh really? Maybe you should introduce me to her next time.” Doyeon said with a hint of excitement.

 

“Ew gross.” Yoojung caught on and made a puking sound.

 

Both of them laughed heartily and Yoojung had to hang up the phone so that's what they did.

 

Unknowingly, it was already 10pm and a goddess like Doyeon needs to have her beauty sleep right?


 

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


 

*buzz* *buzz* *buzz*

 

Doyeon groaned — her phone was being a and buzzing, at freaking 8am in the morning. It was a Saturday and Doyeon didn't have school, why should she be awakened at such an ungodly hour?!

 

Covering her eyes with her forearm, Doyeon flipped over to her right and moved her right arm around, trying to find her phone.

 

Feeling a cold metal touching her fingertips, Doyeon picked up her phone, well tried to, because her somehow managed to flick the phone off the table instead of picking it up like some normal person.

 

“Ugh, fml.” Doyeon grunted before lazily dragging her perfect out of her comfy bed.

 

Rubbing her eyes cutely, Doyeon saw her screen light up again.

 

“What the hell?” Doyeon’s eyes widened when she saw that she had at least 10k more followers, in one night.

 

Cocking her head to a side, Doyeon unlocked her phone and went into her Instagram app.

 

She scrolled through the countless accounts that followed her. The question “what the hell?” playing in her brain constantly.

 

Slightly weirded out, Doyeon went to her home page and saw that she had a private message.

 

Clicking the small red button, she saw that the girl who had followed her yesterday had texted her.


 

A/N: I really can't be bothered to use the space bar so many times so I'll just do it this way :) hope you guys don't mind!!


 

Somsomi0309:

Who are you?

 

Kim_doyeon:

Shouldn't I be asking you that?

 

Somsomi0309:

I’m Somi.

 

Kim_doyeon:

And? Do I know you?

 

Somsomi0309:

I don't know, I just saw that you were friends with Yoojung so I felt like following you.

 

Kim_doyeon:

How did you know Yoojung?

 

Somsomi0309:

Idol school.

 

//

 

“What?!” Doyeon muttered under her breath.

 

“Idol school?”

 

Doyeon clicked on the girl’s profile picture, bringing her to Somi’s profile. Doyeon chuckled as she saw Somi’s status “the world has more problems than girls kissing girls.”

 

“I guess she supports gay then.” Doyeon said, a smile lighting her face unknowingly.

 

“Wait what the absolute ?!” Doyeon exclaimed when her line of sight fell on the number of followers Somi had.

 

Three hundred

 

And ninety six thousand.

 

That's a ton. And she wasn't even an idol yet! And it seems like Doyeon was the second person she followed, the first being Yoojung.

 

No wonder Doyeon gained so many followers in a day, well night.

 

//

 

Kim_doyeon:

Wow I guess you're freaking famous Somi.

 

Somsomi0309:

Yeah? Why? Did you look at me in a new way now?

 

Kim_doyeon:

Erm no? Why would I?

 

Somsomi0309:

Idk, maybe you thought I was creepy for following you but now that you know I'm famous, maybe you would want to be my friend!

 

Kim_doyeon:

Okay? What makes you think that I make online friends? Cute or not.

 

Somsomi0309:

Aww so you’re calling me cute? :>

 

Kim_doyeon:

Ew stop making me gag. Hey Somi i got to go now. See ya later.

 

Somsomi0309:

Mm okay :)

 

//

 

Doyeon chuckled to herself as she tossed her phone on her bed. She didn’t feel sleepy anymore. Thanks to that girl Somi.

 

The day went smoothly for Doyeon. It was a freaking Saturday. What could actually go wrong?

 

When the sky turned dark, Doyeon went out with her other friends; Chungha, Sejeong and Kyulkyung, to a nearby club to get a few rounds of drinks.

 

“Wanna dance?”

 

Doyeon looked up, a guy about in his twenties had his hand stretched out with a flirty smirk.

 

Doyeon glanced at her friends, Sejeong simply smirking at her with her arm around Chungha and Kyulkyung-

 

Where was that girl?

 

Doyeon quickly scanned the dance floor, eyes spotting Kyulkyung dancing with a tall girl.

 

Just as Doyeon was about to accept the offer, her phone buzzed, the screen lighting up, the notification “(Kim_doyeon): Somsomi0309 sent you a text!”

 

Doyeon locked eyes with the guy, an apologetic smile pasted on her face, hoping the guy got the message.

 

And it seemed like he did, because he nodded before saying, “But hey, if you want to dance later, I’m up for it. I'm Eunwoo by the way.”

 

Doyeon smiled more genuinely, really thankful that Eunwoo understood.

 

“I'm Doyeon. Thanks for the offer anyway.”

 

The guy combed through his hair and walked back to his bunch of friends, some of them patting him on the back when he sat down. Eunwoo looked up at Doyeon, eyes widening when he sees Doyeon already looking at him. He quickly smacked his friends’ hands away, not wanting that hot girl to think that he was sad just because of a rejection. Sure, he wanted to get a dance from that girl, smoky cat eyes drawing him in, but it shouldn’t be a big deal that she wasn’t up for it. He wasn’t going to force himself onto her like the typical guys at a club. Eunwoo casted Doyeon a smile and dismissed the topic with a wave when Doyeon mouthed a “I’m sorry

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter