Sejeong's birthday (SeChung)

I.O.I Ships
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM SEJEONG!! PLEASE STOP KILLING ME, I STILL NEED TO WRITE FANFICTIONS!! 

 

 

Sejeong sighed for the upteenth time that day. She had just came back from work and she was really beat. Her boss was being such a today. Sejeong literally forgot to add the line “Thank you for your attention.” in her speech for the powerpoint presentation and her boss freaking fired her. Like… what?! 

Shaking her head at the reminisce of her irritating yet slightly heartbreaking memory from the morning, Sejeong groaned - her birthday was ruined and she hated it. 

She walked to her door and opened it, the sight in front of her making her immediately drop her files and her jaw. 

There, in front of her, on her couch, was her girlfriend, Kim Chungha, being straddled by this girl that Sejeong reconises as Kim Jisoo from Chungha’s work place. 

“If you wanted to cheat on me, you could actually do it at your own house you do know that right? KIm Chungha?” Sejeong stated, voice laced in anger and jealousy but mostly betrayal. The thought of Chungha cheating on her never crossed Sejeong’s mind. She always thought that she was an understanding girlfriend and Chungha would tell her if she had a problem with her. But Sejeong guessed she was wrong. Looking at the scene in front of her was more thna enough evidence. 


And in her ing house for God’s sake.


On her couch. 


Ew.


“Care to get out?” Sejeong growled. 

“Wait never mind, enjoy your time. I’ll just throw that couch away.” Sejeong added on, not caring if Chungha was asking her to wait. Sejeong just shot Chungha a glare, not bothering about the other girl as she most probably didn’t know about Chungha being in a relationship anyway. So Sejeong knew she couldn’t blame the heart-shaped lip girl. 


Sejeong slammed her door and ran. 

 

She didn’t know where she was running. 


She just ran. 

//

Well it looks like her legs took her to her bestfriend’s house as she was greeted by a brown door with small white numbers written on it, saying “28-08”. 

Sejeong sighed again, but this time it was for another reason. She carefully knocked on the door and waited. 

Not long later, the door flung open and revealed her bestfriend in a casual white shirt and gym shorts. Not being able to contain her emotions any longer, Sejeong flew into the slightly shorter girl’s arms, weeping and wailing. 

“Why… why Jennie?! Why did she leave me?!” Sejeong coughed between cries. 

Jennie just patted and Sejeong’s head, whispering words of comfort into the latter’s ears. Jennie didn’t care that her white shirt is being soaked, she also didn’t care that her neighbour might come out of their own respective houses to check what was going on. Sejeong was crying really loudly, but Jennie knew there was a reason why her usually strong friend would break down crying. At 6pm, the time where she should be with her girlfriend. 

Oh . 

Suddenly Jennie had a strong feeling why Sejeong was crying. But she didn’t want to jump to conclusions.


//


“Sejeong, are you okay now buddy?” Jennie asked, a worried expression pasted on her face. Many people would think that Jennie was a cold hearted but if you were her close friend, you would know that she actually cared. 

“Yeah… I guess. I’ve been better though.” Sejeong said with a sad smile on her face.

“Remember, everyone goes through ups and downs. Wanna talk about it though?” 

Sejeong started, “Girlfriend cheated on me. In my ing house, on my couch and most importantly, on my ing-” 

Sejeong was cut off by Jennie who said, “Birthday”

Sejeong let out a low chuckle. Sad reality right? Getting cheated on her birthday. The day where she was actually supposed to be cuddling with Chungha on her bed, maybe watching some cartoons. But not having a break up. This was so wrong on so many different levels. 

Jennie shot Sejeong a sad smile when she saw how tears were starting to well up with tears. “Hey, I haven’t celebrated your birthday with you yet, let alone give you your birthday present.” Jennie said, trying to lift the atmosphere. 

Thankfully it worked as Sejeong wiped away that tear that had fallen and looked up at her and gave her a small nod and a small smile. 

Well, better than nothing right?


-

For the next 4 hours, Jennie and Sejeong were laughing in the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter