P.E Lesson (SeChung)

I.O.I Ships
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sejeong smiled happily when Literature class finally ended, the incessant ring of the bell indicating the start of her second favourite lesson, Physical Education. Her most favourite lesson being music because of her angelic voice she was seemingly born with. 

Sejeong was also appointed as the P.E monitor because of how excited she seems for that lesson, compared to her classmates who looked like their about to die everytime they do the warm up - which is just 2 rounds around their school track, making it about 400m. 

Her friends were also like her, excited to get a break from sitting down and wrecking their brains, so they got along really well in P.E lessons and if it was a group game, no one could beat their group. 

Well, today was a different scenario. They still had to do a 2 round warmup, but the difference was that Sejeong was feeling extra “high” and her close friend, Zhou Kyulkyung, was always high. So… They ended up singing the whole two rounds, making themselves arrive out of breath. Even with their small handicap, they still ended up arriving first, proving how slow her other classmates were. 

Her teacher, Mrs Im, started explaining and no matter how much Sejeong loved P.E, she could not deny that her teacher was mostly sprouting nonsense and most of her information about how to do exercises was usually wrong.

Today must be their lucky day, because Mrs Im just announced something that they've been waiting for, for the longest time ever. “Girls, since we’ve just came back from the June holiday, I don't want to make you guys exercise and hate my lesson so early, so I'll let you play a game today!” All of them cheered loudly and some even jumped around. Mrs Im was very strict about their physical health and usually would not allow them to play games, unless it was preparation for the inter-class sports day. 

Mrs Im announced that the game they would be playing was “tail snatch”, Sejeong’s absolute number one favourite game. In that game, everyone had a tail colour of their choice, tail meaning a sash that they tuck into their pants, and they would group up into groups of 5 and start stealing other people’s tails and the group with most tails win. To make the game more fair and faster to end, when someone takes your tail, you're out of the game and only allowed to shout warnings to your friend. 

Sejeong knew what colour tail she wanted. It was her lucky colour and everyone knew. There were four colours; red, blue, yellow and green. Each “leader” would choose a colour and the students would choose which group they wanted to join. The four leaders were Sejeong, Bae Irene, Kim Nayoung and Park Chaeyoung. To Sejeong, all 3 other leaders were easy to beat, but it depends who were in their team. Seulgi, who has a huge crush on Irene, was torn between joining Sejeong or Irene. Sejeong knew Seulgi was a fast runner and one of the few people that could actually keep up with herself. Sejeong needed Seulgi in her team so she whispered, “Hey Kang, remember? Teacher said that the winner group can order anyone of their choice to do something. Let's win it together and choose Irene’s group and maybe you'll score some. I also want a certain someone to do me a favour so it's a win win situation.” With that, Seulgi smirked and immediately joined Sejeong’s team, along with Lisa, Kyulkyung and Ki Heehyun. Sejeong nodded her head in approval; the people who chose to be in her team wouldn't disappoint her. They would take this win easily. 

Seeing the other teams, Irene’s team consisting of Wendy, Joy, Yeri and Kim Chungha. Kim Nayoung’s team consisting of Im Nayoung, Jeon Somi, Kang Mina and Kim Sohye. Park Chaeyeong (aka Rose)’s team consisting of Jennie, Park Jisoo, Park Chaeyeon and Kim Doyeon. The only group that could actually try to stand a chance against Sejeong’s team was Irene’s team. All of them in Irene’s team were playful and great dancers, thus meaning they would have an okay amount of stamina. All the better to Sejeong because they would have more time to play with their crushes. 

Unknown to most, Sejeong found this girl in her class - Kim Chungha, to be really attractive. Sure, Sejeong only knew her through Kyulkyung, but Chungha had opened up to her and she had fun with the latter. And what’s a better chance then to beat them and get them to do them a favour? 

Sejeong picked 5 green sashes and passed it out among her group and signalled them to huddle together so no one from the other teams could hear their battle plan. Another thing good about her team was that they can have fun, but all of them wants to win to be able to order their crush around. Sejeong would choose Chungha, Seulgi would choose Irene, Kyulkyung would choose the stone Nayoung, Lisa would finally be able to approach Jennie and Heehyun could finally ask Chaeyeon out. 

After all of them gathered together and formed a circle, Sejeong whispered, “I know everybody here wants to win and by the looks of it, Irene’s team seems like the highest threat compared to the others since all of them are dancers and have some stamina. So since there are an odd number in each group, I’ll go with Seulgi and the rest of ya’ll will go together. Seulgi would attack and take their tails when they're not noticing and I'll defend, because she has faster movements while I have faster reactions so I can defend better. In your group, Heehyun would be on the defence since she's the strongest while Lisa and Kyulkyung would double team someone who drifted from their groups okay?” The rest nodded firmly and they fistbumped each other and got into a triangular defence stance at their so called “home”with Sejeong right in front, just in case some team decides to make a frontal attack from the start of the game. 

And it was proved to be useful when Rosé’s group came charging at them once Mrs Im blew the whistle. Sejeong, being the strongest one in her group, managed to push the girls who were charging at them with a simple flick of her wrist and her other members at the back were smart and fast enough to take their tails when their opponent were flustered. No matter how competitive there were, no one could scold them because all of them made sure that they took the opponent’s tail right after they made sure that their classmates would not fall and hurt themselves. 

“Park Chaeyeong’s team wipeout. Good try girls!” Mrs Im shouted with the use of a loudspeaker. <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter