Confusing (DoSom) Part 3//Last part

I.O.I Ships
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: hey guys! Yep! This is the last part of Confusing so pls enjoy!!

 

Somi lied on her bed, clutching an hot pack which was lying on her stomach. “Ugh.” She groaned. Yep — it still hurts because of what happened in the afternoon. Somi placed her phone down and stared at her ceiling, thinking of what had happened today. 

Wow… A lot of things happened. Firstly, she found out that the school’s beauty was still a even with those model looks that anyone would fall for. Secondly, she kinda got screwed by Doyeon. Literally. Thirdly and most importantly, Doyeon kissed her. It may not seem like anything because they did kiss before having…that. But that kiss they shared at the end was so insignificant yet significant to her. A kiss can mean nothing at all. But why is she having a different way of viewing Doyeon now? What changed? 

Somi shouted in frustration but immediately silenced herself when she felt her stomach hurting again. She knew that she did not know what was this feeling so she decided to call one of her old friends. Someone who was really close to her but sadly didn't go into the same school as her. Somi turned to her left and gingerly picked up her phone and clicked a called ID. After a while, the person picked up. 

“Hello?” 

“Oh hey Sejeong!” 

“Somi? What's up? Didn't we just talk a few days ago? Are you so free now that you can call me whenever?” 

Somi could picture Sejeong’s laughing face even behind her phone when she said that line. Somi had called Sejeong about 3 days ago about her new relationship with this famous dancer called Kim Chungha. Somi always knew Sejeong had this charm but she never expected that Sejeong could get Kim Chungha. Kim freaking Chungha was the best dancer in their school. Both Sejeong and Chungha were 2 years older than Somi, but all of them were in the same school. 

Surprisingly, Sejeong and Chungha were actually really nice people even though they hung out with the one and only Kim Doyeon. Sejeong and Chungha were actually the few people who approached Somi to ask her questions out of concern and not throw spiteful comments at her. Sure, both of them could be savages but Somi finds that really cute and talk to them once in a while — when the others were not around and no one was aware of them. 

“Don't say anything about this first okay? Just listen and then answer. Can you do that Sejeong?” 

“Mm okay cool.” 

Somi took and deep breath and exhaled. She never knew asking Sejeong for advice about her weird feelings for Doyeon would be so difficult. 

“Erm so… I kinda feel something for this girl but I don't know what it is. I actually hate her but something happened recently and she kissed me and something stirred within me. Help me Sejeong I don't know what's this weird feeling!” Somi ranted in one go, leaving her huffing for air. 

Somi waited for Sejeong’s response but when she was met with silence for a while, she awkwardly uttered, “Hey Sejeong? You still there?”

Sejeong coughed and replied, “Yeah I'm still here. I actually know what you are going through but I need you to reconfirmed it first okay? First question; do you feel really awkward around her yet you don't want to move away? It's as if she draws you in?” 

Somi squealed. “Omg yeah! How did you know Sejeong?!” 

Somi could hear Sejeong sigh on the other side of the phone. “Somi, when you see her tomorrow, remember this two questions. ‘Are you willing to stay by her side and never leave again? Even when she pushes you away?’ Call me tomorrow Som, I wanna know the answer.” 

Somi nodded, even though she knows that Sejeong clearly cannot see her. “Mhm. Okay Sejeong, I love you!” Somi says in her Canadian English. “Yep goodnight Som! Love ya!” Sejeong replied. 

Somi sighed once again. She has a habit of doing that when she's stressed. She removed the hot pack and placed it on the floor, beside her bed, making sure it's out of her way so she would not trip on it when she steps out of bed in the morning. “Wow, such a stressful day today.” Somi groaned. She simply stated at her ceiling, thought drifting to scenarios that could possibly happen tomorrow. 

-

*buzz* 

Somi’s alarm started ringing, making Somi stir from her sleep. Somi sighed and pressed the stop button on her phone. She casually got up from bed and got ready for school. 

“Somi?” 

Somi rubbed her eyes and saw her cute little sister standing outside her door, probably waiting for her. Somi smiled sweetly and bent down, getting to the same eye level as Evelyn. 

“Sup Evelyn?” Somi asked while ruffling her sister’s bangs. 

“Hey sis, who’s Kim Doyeon?” Evelyn cocked her head to her left and stared at her sister. 

Somi froze for a while, not expecting that question. How the hell did Evelyn even know she knows Doyeon?! Somi knew she did not tell Evelyn anything about her relationship with Doyeon, may it be their past happy friendship or… The complicated weird relationship they are in now. No one knows. How awkward would that be if Somi just walked up to her family and say “Hey… I just had with Doyeon.” Like no. That's just wrong on so many different levels. 

After constructing a foolproof answer, Somi replied, “Just a friend Evelyn.” 

“But friends don't call each other 10 times at night… Right?” Evelyn continued questioning Somi with that big puppy eyes. 

“, not that foolproof after all.” Somi cursed under her breath, making sure Evelyn couldn't hear her. 

“It's okay Evelyn, it's nothing much. We’re just going through some stuff now. Don't worry about it.” Somi decided that smart genes run in the family and eventually Evelyn would find out the whole truth if Somi keeps lying, so she might as well tell part of it to keep Evelyn from asking more. Luckily Evelyn understood Somi and just nodded before flashing a cute smile. “Okay then! Have fun at school Somi!”

Somi heaved a sigh of relief when Evelyn left her room and went back to her room to pack her things. That relief was immediately replaced with shock when she looked back at her phone screen, the time flashing in big bolder white numbers “7.50”. 

.

Somi immediately grabbed her things and rushed out of the house, not forgetting to shout “Bye mom! Bye dad! Bye Evelyn!” before slamming the door behind her. 

-

Somi huffed as she reached the doorstep of her classroom just in time. 8.00 on the dot. Out of curtosey, Somi stayed outside the classroom and greeted the teacher, which so happens to be her art teacher, Mr Oh. It seems that he wasn't in a good mood today because he simply glared at Somi and continued explaning the task at hand. Somi frowned — when Doyeon was late he simply smiled and let Doyeon in. But why is it when she's late he's not in a good mood?! Somi did not realise Mr Oh was calling her as she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter