Backup Dancer (SeChung)

I.O.I Ships
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: yoyo! First chap will obviously be my fav ship in IOI! *drumrolls* SECHUNG! I'll give you a brief intro to this chap! It's after IOI disbandment and Chungha is a solo artist and sejeong wanted to surprise her, so she signed up as chungha's backup dancer (fyi, yojung is sejeong's nickname. I searched online and it said that yojung means fairy which is sejeong's nickname so don't get confused!)

It is about 5 mouths after IOI's disbandment and every member split up and went their own way. Some of them joined a group called Gugudan, some joined a group called Pristin and the rest joined their other groups too. The only one who became a solo artist was none other than Kim Chungha, voted the "best dancer" in Produce 101. Chungha would be lying if she said that she did not miss the IOI members as over a year in the 11 member group, IOI, Chungha developed... small sparks for the second oldest in their group, Kim Sejeong from Jellyfish entertainment which was also about 4 centimeters taller than her.

Before Chungha could really sort out her feeling for the older member, they had to disband and sadly, Sejeong and her becoming a duet was nearly impossible as they already had plans for both Chungha and Sejeong... seperately. Sejeong had to go with her other fellow Jellyfish member, Mina, and join the group "gugudan" which seeminly is doing well. Chungha had the looks, skills for both singing and dancing, the body and the fans. She was technically the most suited to be a soloist. Although Chungha really thinks that Sejeong is much better then her, she can't give up a chance like this.

Chungha had been practising day and might for her solo debut song, "Why don't you know", and it has been tiring her out. Chungha is indeed fit, but practising day and night, waking up 6am in the morning just to practise until 11pm at night, the only breaks being meal times and occasional water breaks so she would not get dehydrated, was making her work extra hard and she knew that this debut stage would determine a lot and this was a chance for her to showcase how much she's improved from the produce 101 show.

She's been practising for about 2 months and the dance had no change, thus Chungha was getting a bit confident with memorising the steps and now she was just working on her expressions. The one thing she definitely did not expect was for her manager to come into her dance studio one day to inform her that there woud be a dance break in her song which was recently added as the song producer felt that it would add excitement to the song.

As if that news was not shocking enough, he also told her that th dance break would include a partner. "Who is it manager nim?" Chungha asked curiously. Her manager just briefly told her that it would be a girl so that the fanboys would not freak out during the dance break and get jealous and that the dancer would be wearing sunglasses and a mask to dance to keep her face hidden. Although Chungha doubted the fact that the fanboys would not get jealous just because she's dancing with a girl, she did not say anything but just dumbly nodded.

Her debut stage was in about 2 weeks and she had a new change to the dance. She also found out that the dance break would be around 30 seconds long and she just secretely hopes that her said parter would be a fast learner and not screw up her debut stage for her. After her manager left, she heard a "ding" from her phone and it was a message from her manager, which was the 30 second long dance break video. Just as she opened the video, she heard a knock on the door and she shouted a loud "come in!". As the door opened, she was greeted with a considerably tall girl wearing a pair of black shades which seems to compliment her slightly tanned skintone. As expected, the girl was also wearing a surgical mask, which made her look like an idol if Chungha was being honest. The girl also had a cap on and her tied up messy ponytail was falling nicely through the hole behind the cap. Chungha just stared at her with slightly open for a while. Not many people would suit a messy ponytail, with small and short strands of hair falling nicely at the sides of her face and her tied up hair was seemingly straight and silky from the rubber band all the way to it's end. And not just everyone could look that great in a simple black cap. Chungha admits, sometimes her hair looks goregeous and sometimes it's just like a spolit brat who refuses to listen to instructions and makes her look like someone who just woke up from bed.

"Ahem, can I see the dance video please?" The muffled husky voice of the dancer woke Chungha from her gawking trance and Chungha just let out an awkward cough before muttering "Sure sorry, I was just about to watch it anyways, you can sit next to me if you want." Chungha tried to keep her head low as she definitely knows she's blushing just a little bit because she was caught red-handed for staring at the girl. She also really liked the girl's husky voice but it was muffled by the mask so she did not really know the sound of her dancer's real voice. The girl just nodded and took off her cap in one motion before siting down next to Chungha. Chungha could smell the girl's perfume and it reminded of how her IOI's dorm smelt as her members all loved buying random nice smelling perfumes and that made her let out a soft chuckle.

She clicked on the play button and the dance started. None of them talked. They just sat side by side, monitoring the dance and tried to understand it. The dance was short but actually quite difficult to learn. It was complicated and had a lot of precise movements. Once again, Chungha silently hoped that her backup dancer would be a fast learner.

 Not long later, the video stopped, signalling the end of the dance, and Chungha asked, "Do you want to practise now or..?" The other girl just nodded and placed her slingbag down on the floor. "Are you going to practise with your mask and sunglasses too? Won't it be too hot?" Chungha was actually concerned about her dancer's health but some part of her was bubbling with curiousity about how the girl would look. "No." That one word from the backup dancer totally burst Chungha's bubble and the idol pouted before connecting her phone to her computer and playing the video once again, but this time, in 50% slow motion so she could properly grasp the jist of the dance, including the smallest details of how the dancer's head would to one side or how the dancer's feet would glide just a tad bit before stepping. Those small details were the winning factor that made her outstanding among the other great dancers in the world.

After a mere 10 minutes of practising, both Chungha and her backup dancer already mastered the first 10 seconds of the tough cheorography. Chungha was genuinely surprised. Usually, most of her backup dancer would take at least twice the amount of time to learn the dance, much less master it. Her other dancers would also be dripping in sweat and taking a drink by now but her new one was seemingly perfectly fine. Sure, she was sweating, but only a little bit. It seems like there were only about 5 drops of sweat present on the girl's forehead.

Since they were both learning different cheorographies, Chungha could not teach her backup dancer, unless she goes to learn the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter